Missing Hours

Matt5

Oh dear what can I say ...producers / writers must have been on something to come up with this .Saying that interesting locales used - The boat for example where James Brown is based - obviously Key Biscayne or Virginia Key but where exactly that small brick wall around it and rocks interesting :DThe Tropics Motel was based up in North Miami and now demolished.:thumbsdown::D

• Like 1

The only thing I recall about locations in Missing Hours is that the detectives were convinced that the sand dunes scenes in Missing Hours and When Irish Eyes . . . were filmed close to No Name Harbor. I think this is also where the Daytona gets blown to pieces.

The only thing I recall about locations in Missing Hours is that the detectives were convinced that the sand dunes scenes in Missing Hours and When Irish Eyes . . . were filmed close to No Name Harbor. I think this is also where the Daytona gets blown to pieces.

Yes the sand dunes scenes where Tubbs meet James Brown amid his Ufo crop circle where filmed at the same dunes where the Daytona was blown to smithereens . But the house boat is obviously Key Biscayne / Virginia Key too but the small wall/rocks doesnt look like No Name Harbor Merry Christmas Jim:D

• 1 month later...

I just published this episode on my location site. http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Good job with a difficult and really strange episode. Not that seeing a UFO is that strange, lots of very respectable and authoritative people have seen them. (I know because I used to work in the National Archives and looked at the Project Blue Book reports numerous times) But the rest of the story is just weird.

Good job with a difficult and really strange episode. Not that seeing a UFO is that strange' date=' lots of very respectable and authoritative people have seen them. (I know because I used to work in the National Archives and looked at the Project Blue Book reports numerous times) But the rest of the story is just weird.[/quote']I was going to buy a used UFO but I could not afford the taxes and it was hard to find a parking spot.

It is a private residence but it seems to sell often so you have to catch it while it is on sale.

Great info :D - So you mean you make an appt with a sales agent to view then snap away :thumbsup::D

Great info :D - So you mean you make an appt with a sales agent to view then snap away :thumbsup::D

Or catch the open house, When they are not occupied even these high end homes are fairly open if you catch them at the right time. A target of opportunity.

Or catch the open house' date=' When they are not occupied even these high end homes are fairly open if you catch them at the right time. A target of opportunity.[/quote']Great information thankyou :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm pretty disappointed I never got to see the Virginia Key sand dunes, especially the large pit which is used in When Irish Eyes Are Crying and Missing Hours.  Now the area is filling up with trees and bushes.

Yes, a special place. Always had a super strong Vice vibe given off by the location while visiting there. One of my favorites. At least you can still visit it even though it is changed it is now open to the public where I use to have to sneak in and avoid the police helicopters.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well watching Miami Vice in episode order again and up next was "God's Work" and "Missing Hours " from Season 4. Always quite enjoy "God's Work" just shows how production and some of the glitz was scaled back by the fall of 1987.  

Here is the former location of The Tropics Motel at 1349 NE109th St in North Miami ( think white light from above!) :D:D:cool:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.8758477,-80.170144,3a,75y,318.5h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smtW2ziJ4ihdQCKRMRxes6A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en

• 3 years later...

Hi @all!

First I want to apologize for beeing not here for a long time. My priorities where somewhere else for the last months. But thanks to that sad Covid pandemia I have now much time to watch vice :).

I watched this unfamous episode yesterday, at first I wanted to skip it but then decided to watch it, because I often skipped it over the last years. As after every episode I've seen, I visited cglide's location site. There I saw that the location for "Astrolife" is not confirmed yet. He wrote that it could be inside the "Grove Harbour Cinema", of which we saw the exterior in the teaser.

Well, I don't think this was shot there, because the location where we meet James Brown looked for me like a real planetarium. I thought there can't be too much in the Miami area so I made a few investigations. Finally I found the Miami Science Museum, which got a planetarium in 1966 equipped with a rare Spitz Model B Space Transit Projector. If you search for the projector, it looks very similar to the one we see in the show. I then googled for the planetarium itself, and found these pictures and compared them to screenshots of the episode:

DSC07588.thumb.JPG.cb8f209e38650ad2ac2e5e87288fc04b.JPG

vlcsnap-2020-04-13-10h59m57s761.png.59fd7d4f81789c0dd38adb5921dde5ba.png

DSC07638.thumb.JPG.69c254ea2ba08613b0d8a813dcb2323c.JPG

vlcsnap-2020-04-13-11h00m29s655.png.9571b813b13bea9e87ce265ef174bae8.png

The pictures are from this site.

If you look at the surrounding of the projector and the seats I'm 100% sure that the "Astrolife" scenes where shot there.

Unfortunately the Museum with the planetarium closed in 2015 and was relocated to a new site. At this time it was the last Spitz Model B STB projector still in service. It is now a no operational display at the new museum.

The old museum was located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, Florida, United States. I think the buildings are still intact.

I hope cglide can now update this location on his site.

Greetings,

Andreas

Edited by NoDayWithoutVice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

vor 5 Stunden schrieb NoDayWithoutVice:

Hi @all!

First I want to apologize for beeing not here for a long time. My priorities where somewhere else for the last months. But thanks to that sad Covid pandemia I have now much time to watch vice :).

I watched this unfamous episode yesterday, at first I wanted to skip it but then decided to watch it, because I often skipped it over the last years. As after every episode I've seen, I visited cglide's location site. There I saw that the location for "Astrolife" is not confirmed yet. He wrote that it could be inside the "Grove Harbour Cinema", of which we saw the exterior in the teaser.

Well, I don't think this was shot there, because the location where we meet James Brown looked for me like a real planetarium. I thought there can't be too much in the Miami area so I made a few investigations. Finally I found the Miami Science Museum, which got a planetarium in 1966 equipped with a rare Spitz Model B Space Transit Projector. If you search for the projector, it looks very similar to the one we see in the show. I then googled for the planetarium itself, and found these pictures and compared them to screenshots of the episode:

DSC07588.thumb.JPG.cb8f209e38650ad2ac2e5e87288fc04b.JPG

vlcsnap-2020-04-13-10h59m57s761.png.59fd7d4f81789c0dd38adb5921dde5ba.png

DSC07638.thumb.JPG.69c254ea2ba08613b0d8a813dcb2323c.JPG

vlcsnap-2020-04-13-11h00m29s655.png.9571b813b13bea9e87ce265ef174bae8.png

The pictures are from this site.

If you look at the surrounding of the projector and the seats I'm 100% sure that the "Astrolife" scenes where shot there.

Unfortunately the Museum with the planetarium closed in 2015 and was relocated to a new site. At this time it was the last Spitz Model B STB projector still in service. It is now a no operational display at the new museum.

The old museum was located at 3280 South Miami Avenue, Miami, Florida, United States. I think the buildings are still intact.

I hope cglide can now update this location on his site.

Greetings,

Andreas

Thanks! Makes a lot of sense and the screenshots comparisons speak for themselves!

this was an obvious location choice but I guess I haven‘t even tried to suss it out due to the „quality“ of the episode :p

• Haha 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Excellent work @NoDayWithoutVice  :thumbsup:

I would suggest you email CGlide directly through his website because he doesn't visit here very often.

I already did. Newly found locations have been piling up for months and are begging silently for updates on CGlide’s locations website! :p

• Like 2