1984 Stinger 390X For Sale Ebay

Sonny-Crockett

Great looking boat, good find.I thought it's bad for gel-coat to beach boats like that though?

I thought it's bad for gel-coat to beach boats like that though?

Won't hurt it if you know the beach and it is stricly sand.Unknown beaches with rocks might scratch and chip the hull but sand won't cause any damage.

Interesting find. I like it when these come up for sale. Not too often(which may be a good thing) yet it always gets me thinking..... I wish there were more pictures to see more in detail.

gotta wonder though if there would be any real way to track down the ones used on the show by the receipts and the like from the miami area in 1984/1985 though.and I gotta wonder why when Chris Craft got the stinger back from shooting that they didnt sell it as the boat used on the show? I mean it would make a hell of a marketing tool unless one of the bosses kept it for themselves or something.

Interesting find. I like it when these come up for sale. Not too often(which may be a good thing) yet it always gets me thinking..... I wish there were more pictures to see more in detail.

I have many pics of this boat. PM me if you want more or maybe I will post them if I can find the website again.

gotta wonder though if there would be any real way to track down the ones used on the show by the receipts and the like from the miami area in 1984/1985 though.and I gotta wonder why when Chris Craft got the stinger back from shooting that they didnt sell it as the boat used on the show? I mean it would make a hell of a marketing tool unless one of the bosses kept it for themselves or something.

Kavinsky you make a good point.Chris Craft only made 201 boats that year as their build numbers. Only 12 were made in the White/Blue configuration like mine' date=' and were not dubbed the "Miami Vice Edition" until much later after the show was aired on TV. My boat is hull number 120 so it was the one hundred and twentieth boat built that year by the company.I have met and chatted with six other owners of their boats and am looking for the remaining five. I managed to find a few on the internet an different boat websites etc.The boat being sold is a Stinger but it has no radar arch and a bench seat system (not drop down bolsters like in my boat) It is a nice clean unit as he hangs out on the website I hang out on where others who own CC's are. Comes with a good trailer and looks like a good boat. Here are the pics [url']http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Panama%20City%20Beach%20390To answer your question kavinsky regarding the fate of the boats, MV used two boats that were leased to Universal studios. One was a race boat with big powerful engines and the second was a camera boat used to film and take closeups of the actors. Both boats were returned to CC after the first year to abide by the lease agreement or something like that, and Wellcraft donated boats free of charge to MV for filming for the rest of the series. Chris Craft really dropped the ball on that one as the TV show could have been a good platform for advertising, but as you know the final four seasons used the Scarab as the boat of choice.I have not confirmed, but I hear rumours that the camera boat, holes in the hull and all, is located in the Ottawa River up here in Canada. I was told this at the Poker Runs America Run in Kingston two years ago by some American fellow that raced his boat, so the news is second hand. I'm still looking for the gentleman. I was in Ottawa last August and I stopped at a few marinas along the river. Could not find him.

Some great info here :D

X2... Love the stories. Alot of time has passed from when these were new and I bet a few have some sad stories to tell.. You'd be surprised how many go fasts have some ill treated pasts... Just a shame, really...

X2... Love the stories. Alot of time has passed from when these were new and I bet a few have some sad stories to tell.. You'd be surprised how many go fasts have some ill treated pasts... Just a shame' date=' really...[/quote'] There are sadly: [ATTACH=CONFIG]7420[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7423[/ATTACH]Also copy paste these links, some REALLY interesting pictures of less fortunate Stingers:http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Aquasco%20390http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Nicky%20Deehttp://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Guilty%20as%20Sinhttp://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Half%20Fast

post-11420-13892965196374_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965196855_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965197355_thumb.jpg

post-11420-13892965197842_thumb.jpg

yeash, poor things.but is that two boats for after the pilot or also including the pilot? because otherwise wouldnt that mean that there was 4 boats used?two without the spoiler like that red and white one there for the pilot and then two after the pilot until the start of the second season?

the sell pretty much everything you can imagine on ebay, save for firearms, hell even then they sell firearm magazines, boxes, small parts and the like. just not whole parts of the guns or guns themselves.

Cool Post there 67supersnake!I actually spoke to that guy two years ago about the hatches and he said he already crushed the boat. Wish I had of caught him a bit sooner!Those are old pictures but it still hurts me to see someone do that to a Stinger.I found a Stinger 260 recently that is slated for scrap and am trying to sell it to someone who will restore it. I originally constacted the guy to buy just the seats, but after he sent me pics of this beautiful boaI, I decide to see if someone would buy it and re-engine the unit.

http://www.chriscraftstingers.com/gallerypage.php?gallerydir=Panama%20City%20Beach%20390To answer your question kavinsky regarding the fate of the boats, MV used two boats that were leased to Universal studios. One was a race boat with big powerful engines and the second was a camera boat used to film and take closeups of the actors. Both boats were returned to CC after the first year to abide by the lease agreement or something like that, and Wellcraft donated boats free of charge to MV for filming for the rest of the series. Chris Craft really dropped the ball on that one as the TV show could have been a good platform for advertising, but as you know the final four seasons used the Scarab as the boat of choice.I have not confirmed, but I hear rumours that the camera boat, holes in the hull and all, is located in the Ottawa River up here in Canada. I was told this at the Poker Runs America Run in Kingston two years ago by some American fellow that raced his boat, so the news is second hand. I'm still looking for the gentleman. I was in Ottawa last August and I stopped at a few marinas along the river. Could not find him.

A man here in the bay area (San Francisco) owns one of the 12 Stingers like the MV boat. I could probably give you his e-mail if your interested.

[/ATTACH]Also copy paste these links' date=' some REALLY interesting pictures of less fortunate Stingers:[/quote']Thanks for sharing these photos and that is a sad ending to some nice boats. Someday I want to have a vintage cigarette boat parked in a slip outside.

A man here in the bay area (San Francisco) owns one of the 12 Stingers like the MV boat. I could probably give you his e-mail if your interested.

Yes I would love to chat with him.Please do!