Rolling Stone Magazin issue 1174/January 2013 DJ-Interview

bluepearl

He is back!:thumbsup:Don Johnson is back to Rolling Stone magazine in 2013.It is the current issue - just now available.If anyone is interested.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildPlease... this is only a cutout of the most striking passage.lol... and if anyone is interested to download the beautiful image... lol;):cool:Eingefügtes Bild

Excellent. As expected, the role in Django gives him great new opportunities. He is made for QT movies, hopefully this is the start for a fantastic comeback. Seeing movies like Bucky Larsson made me cringe, but we all know what he is capable of. He might not be bankable enough for a leading role, according to Hollywood, but as an actor he can concentrate on supporting roles and get the credit he deserves.

Very nice, thanks for posting. May actually have to buy it, or at least read it at the library.It's kind of sad but true that when DJ wanted to talk about more arcane stuff, he had to throw out the preface, "It might sound weird but..." But it's probably always been that way. The spiritual sides of ourselves can be elusive and hard to confront but are very very real.I dig the beat-up chair in the photo.

I nearly fell out of my chair when I turned the page and found this article in the new issue of RS. There's no mention of it on the cover, so it was a mind-blowing surprise. Good article. It seems DJ articles/interviews in the post-Nash years have mentioned the Pamela Des Barres penis thing more than Vice. Bet that's a mixed blessing for him.It's funny to hear about a DJ comeback since, to us, he never went anywhere.

I have been trying to find this issue in canada and not much luck so far.Bluepearl,thank you for sharing this with us.Don looks great again in my opinion a lot older but damn sexy

I bought this issue ;) Rolling Stone interviews always focus on the naughty stuff :) I would love to see a very in depth interview by an interviewer who understands how special Miami Vice is in so many ways besides the wardrobe. Glad to see Don getting the attention with Django Unchained :thumbsup:

Just read it at the library today. FYI, if you're looking for the issue, the cover has Jimmy Kimmel posing as a plumber on the front. I think particularly the ladies would enjoy the interview because it seemed to focus a lot on his relationships. And like DJAngel said, the naughty stuff. Who is that woman (writer) and why is she so obsessed with writing about that? Pure class. :sick:He partied HARD and was well-connected. Revealed he was friends with Hunter Thompson. When he was in Miami he'd have his buddy 25 models sent over to his place. Also had a good rundown of some of his movies, including a B-movie from outside the U.S. I'd never heard of which was referred to a few times in the write-up, some sort of inside joke. He turned down a number of offers for small-time stuff, probably a good move on his part. Was surprised to hear that he didn't have more film/t.v. memorabilia adorning his home, where does he keep all that stuff? His 6-year old "thinks he is a hairdresser." I'm more curious to see Django now. Was glad to see the lead-in paras. mentioning Eastbound and Down, which is one of my favorite series even without Don, but wish they'd have covered it more. Yeah, so the bulk of the interview was about his '80s and '90s history and in-between periods, and a little bit about today. Not too many photos in the spread but I did like the Django publicity pic.

It was a great interview.Well...I would cut that part (ouch!) where the writer says DJ has a notorious big "django".... Im not interested in such stuff.

• Like 1

Just read it at the library today. FYI' date=' if you're looking for the issue, the cover has Jimmy Kimmel posing as a plumber on the front. I think particularly the ladies would enjoy the interview because it seemed to focus a lot on his relationships. And like DJAngel said, the naughty stuff. Who is that woman (writer) and why is she so obsessed with writing about that? Pure class. :sick:He partied HARD and was well-connected. Revealed he was friends with Hunter Thompson. When he was in Miami he'd have his buddy 25 models sent over to his place. Also had a good rundown of some of his movies, including a B-movie from outside the U.S. I'd never heard of which was referred to a few times in the write-up, some sort of inside joke. He turned down a number of offers for small-time stuff, probably a good move on his part. Was surprised to hear that he didn't have more film/t.v. memorabilia adorning his home, where does he keep all that stuff? His 6-year old "thinks he is a hairdresser." I'm more curious to see Django now. Was glad to see the lead-in paras. mentioning Eastbound and Down, which is one of my favorite series even without Don, but wish they'd have covered it more. Yeah, so the bulk of the interview was about his '80s and '90s history and in-between periods, and a little bit about today. Not too many photos in the spread but I did like the Django publicity pic.[/quote'][h=1]ROLLING STONE magazine issue 1174 Jan 17, 2013 JIMMY KIMBAL[/h][ATTACH=CONFIG]7463[/ATTACH] Hope this helps

Thank you Bluepearl for letting us know about this. I would never read Rolling Stone, especially with Kimmel's rear on the cover. I will look for this article, now! I also want to see Django, now.

Thank you Bluepearl for letting us know about this. I would never read Rolling Stone' date=' especially with Kimmel's rear on the cover. I will look for this article, now! I also want to see Django, now.[/quote']LOL!Okay... I will help a bit you can read the article WITHOUT Kimmel's rear to look at or even to touch Tony D :):):);)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildOnly the help by a VERY NICE GUY in Arizona did let get us these scans in Europe.No way to buy the magazine here - even not at airports with international stores.And...:sick: what we should pay for the shipping by members at ebay :rolleyes::rolleyes:Oh no ! I am addicted but surely not stupid. :p. LOL !

As much as i love him as sonny crockett, In real life he sounds like a real obnoxious asshole :birdie: an egomaniac still living in the past, from his 5 years of MV fame.

• Like 1

As much as i love him as sonny crockett' date=' In real life he sounds like a real obnoxious asshole :birdie: an egomaniac still living in the past, from his 5 years of MV fame.[/quote']I had the same impression..but....no one can say we werent warned about it.
  • Like 1

As much as i love him as sonny crockett' date=' In real life he sounds like a real obnoxious asshole :birdie: an egomaniac still living in the past, from his 5 years of MV fame.[/quote']All of our encounters from our trips to see Don filming Miami Vice, movies, golf, boat racing, he could not have been nicer to us :thumbsup:

I had the same impression..but....no one can say we werent warned about it.

I dont know, going from nothing to a big star does weird things to people and it sounds like he was abused when he was young and unknowingly carried the damage with him at all times.plus it sounds like the author is unusually low brow and well not a man of good stature so you gotta wonder how much of this is overdone and overblown.and also if you've ever read about the early life of David Nivan in his book the moons a baloon well this kind of stuff sounds about par for the course behind the scenes there, outside of the drug use but it was the 60's and the 70'shell the stuff he used sounds like small fry compared to the drugs Johnny Cash and the rolling stones used back then and most people didnt know about the long lasting damage that stuff does then so it wasnt treated as seriously as it is now.so I wouldnt really mark him down as a bad person or an egomaniac because of this, he's just a human being dealing with having basically the whole damn world know who he is and thus what seems like egomaina to us would seem like a very real condition to him as he just wanted to be left alone for a while to do some soul searching.so he had to act like a jerk to get that and finally get some peace and find his place in the world and figure out what he wants to do now. plus it sounds like he got taken advantage of alot in his early life, its a wonder he's done this well and held it together as much as he has at this point. hell he's lasted about 19 years longer than Mcqueen under probably the same circumstances of the world knocking down his door wanting to know him and love him. I dont know point is this hasnt changed my perception of him as a good likeable guy, he's done remarkably well considering the circumstances, no one is really a saint after all.and if they are chances are there's something seriously wrong with them.

I dont know' date=' going from nothing to a big star does weird things to people and it sounds like he was abused when he was young and unknowingly carried the damage with him at all times.plus it sounds like the author is unusually low brow and well not a man of good stature so you gotta wonder how much of this is overdone and overblown.and also if you've ever read about the early life of David Nivan in his book the moons a baloon well this kind of stuff sounds about par for the course behind the scenes there, outside of the drug use but it was the 60's and the 70'shell the stuff he used sounds like small fry compared to the drugs Johnny Cash and the rolling stones used back then and most people didnt know about the long lasting damage that stuff does then so it wasnt treated as seriously as it is now.so I wouldnt really mark him down as a bad person or an egomaniac because of this, he's just a human being dealing with having basically the whole damn world know who he is and thus what seems like egomaina to us would seem like a very real condition to him as he just wanted to be left alone for a while to do some soul searching.so he had to act like a jerk to get that and finally get some peace and find his place in the world and figure out what he wants to do now. plus it sounds like he got taken advantage of alot in his early life, its a wonder he's done this well and held it together as much as he has at this point. hell he's lasted about 19 years longer than Mcqueen under probably the same circumstances of the world knocking down his door wanting to know him and love him. I dont know point is this hasnt changed my perception of him as a good likeable guy, he's done remarkably well considering the circumstances, no one is really a saint after all.and if they are chances are there's something seriously wrong with them.[/quote']I must say maybe if I had the fame Don had in the 80´s i wouldnt do all the stuff he did, but i have to agree people reacts differently to fame and fortune but i wouldnt blame them for this. If you are the number 1, how many things you would do (and how many bullshit you say) just because the success virus hit your head?