Rolling Stone Magazin issue 1174/January 2013 DJ-Interview

bluepearl

Okay,it seems like everybody is putting Don down because of his character.He's no choir boy and he said he never was.Don had his tough times also.Give him benefit of the doubt.Like Don says not all people are bad and not all people are good and he doesn't believe when somebody is all good either so I think that answers the question about Don.Don is a real sweetheart and can be a bad Ass when it comes to his work and family. Its part of his character either like him or hate him but that's Don and I see a little Crockett and Burnett in both and that don't bother me at all

I must say maybe if I had the fame Don had in the 80´s i wouldnt do all the stuff he did' date=' but i have to agree people reacts differently to fame and fortune but i wouldnt blame them for this. If you are the number 1, how many things you would do (and how many bullshit you say) just because the success virus hit your head?[/quote']I must say though It sounds like most of the bad stuff was before then though, you know getting caught in the crossfire of a drug deal shootout pre vice, bumping into hendrix of all people in 1970 one year before his death after doing a line in the bathroom and it sounds like past that while the fame and fortune went to his head he didnt really act that unreasonablyand it sounds like past vice he wished he had stayed an unknown really, that's the impression the article gives to me and I wonder if nothing else he started nash bridges to keep himself busy doing stuff he wanted to do?and then just grew tired of it and now just wants his cut of the money from it so he can leave a legacy for his family and his many kids, still though he hasnt made as many kids as Rico though! lolplus it does explain why he's been so keen on avoiding talking about vice up until recently and even then he still seems reluctant to bring it up unless the interviewer wants to talk about it specifically like Conan and Leno did. hell in Leno's case he didnt even mention the name of the show when they brought up how Julia Roberts was in one the burnett episodes, just how it was an amnesia episode, how they picked her and how long amnesia really lasts which apparently the longest recorded case was 10 minutes I might add.mind you personally if I had that happen where I went from an unknown to being famous and wanted some peace and quiet in the aftermath I would have just done like alan rickman did in the harry potter films and just worn a wig and rigged up some sort of batman voice to disguise myselfbut If I was caught I would still be nice about it, unlike chirstopher lee who after someone asked him hey arent you that guy.... he said no and ran off while he was on vacation at the same island they worked on during the man with the golden gun.you know atleast don would give them a business card if they really wanted an autograph so he could send it to them lolbut it does make a lot more sense in the grand scheme of things after reading that what the 411 here is with don and vice, shame he feels that way but eh you gotta respect his wishes.hopefully he'll come around but who knows, atleast the others are very open about it, hell I'd be alot of fun to see if we could get EJO over to the french twist thing

I must say maybe if I had the fame Don had in the 80´s i wouldnt do all the stuff he did' date=' but i have to agree people reacts differently to fame and fortune but i wouldnt blame them for this. If you are the number 1, how many things you would do (and how many bullshit you say) just because the success virus hit your head?[/quote']Personally, I've never understood this expectation that famous people have to always be "on" and the greatest, most giving and warm human beings ever when approached by strangers on the street. Some people just aren't wired to be that gregarious. And when someone is really popular, hell, they'd never get any peace if they took even five minutes for every fan. It's great when a fan has a positive interaction with someone famous, but it surely shouldn't be an expectation.

Okay' date='it seems like everybody is putting Don down because of his character.He's no choir boy and he said he never was.Don had his tough times also.Give him benefit of the doubt.Like Don says not all people are bad and not all people are good and he doesn't believe when somebody is all good either so I think that answers the question about Don.Don is a real sweetheart and can be a bad Ass when it comes to his work and family. Its part of his character either like him or hate him but that's Don and I see a little Crockett and Burnett in both and that don't bother me at all[/quote']And it does NOT bother ME too, Alleycat :thumbsup::clap:!!!!With whom want we to start to compare him?With the pontiff? Even HE is not free by many bad doings and decisions.
Eingefügtes BildOur experience with Don :happy:
Thanks for a POSITIVE comment more DJANgel !!! :thumbsup::clap::p:p

Eingefügtes BildOur experience with Don :happy:

What a fantastic picture DJAngel and such a positive one to this post.Don is just a man with good and bad faults.No man is perfect.

I agree with the above listed comment. He's only human. I'm sure that people who are in the spotlight and have to be happy and congenial all the time get tired of it after so long. Ripper

What a fantastic picture DJAngel and such a positive one to this post.Don is just a man with good and bad faults.No man is perfect.

This was taken at the end of a golf day at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in Feb 1995. We followed Don around all day on the golf course. He was really nice when we asked him for a picture, and he said to his assistant "they are my angels" :D

This was taken at the end of a golf day at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am in Feb 1995. We followed Don around all day on the golf course. He was really nice when we asked him for a picture' date=' and he said to his assistant "they are my angels" :D[/quote']You see Don is a real sweetheart besides what people say about him.I never bother withcriticism but there will always be.Its a real beauty your picture and Don looks happy and sexy

• 8 years later...
On 1/19/2013 at 9:20 PM, Vincent Hanna said:

As much as i love him as sonny crockett, In real life he sounds like a real obnoxious asshole :birdie: an egomaniac still living in the past, from his 5 years of MV fame.

Do you know, I was wondering whether to write that too!! That interview did him no favours at all. Crude, egotistical, conceited- thank God he could play Sonny differently! Nothing to boast about, regularly getting 25 so-called models sent over (for that read prostitutes) for he and his friends to "enjoy"! Well said, Vincent Hanna.

2 hours ago, wolfie1996 said:

Do you know, I was wondering whether to write that too!! That interview did him no favours at all. Crude, egotistical, conceited- thank God he could play Sonny differently! Nothing to boast about, regularly getting 25 so-called models sent over (for that read prostitutes) for he and his friends to "enjoy"! Well said, Vincent Hanna.

I have always tried, not always successfully, to separate an actors performance from his or her personality.  It doesn't always measure up.  DJ has seemed to mellow in his later years.

13 minutes ago, miamijimf said:

I have always tried, not always successfully, to separate an actors performance from his or her personality.  It doesn't always measure up.  DJ has seemed to mellow in his later years.

I separate them always, my friend. I love Sonny's character as I've often said, but have always had reservations about the bold  Don! I'm sure he can be nice if met in real life but I suspect he reserves his charm mainly for those who will be useful to him :) A shame, like, but there it is! At least we have Sonny who he at least brought to life very convincingly, so credit to him !