Another Daytona from our "Friend" miamispyders (Arturo C)

Sonny-Burnett

I have one of the red ones he was selling about 2 years ago

he repaint it black for me and i think my 3 year old daughter can do a better job,and the wire wheels was missing when the car arrivied insted he had put on a poor grill with orderneary screws on it thats rust

and the car itself is not in good condision but works

im redoing it like a pro touring with modern drivetrain and suspension because i dont think it is a mcburnie build but its a mcburnie mold on a 81 vette

I have one of the red ones he was selling about 2 years ago

he repaint it black for me and i think my 3 year old daughter can do a better job,and the wire wheels was missing when the car arrivied insted he had put on a poor grill with orderneary screws on it thats rust

and the car itself is not in good condision but works

im redoing it like a pro touring with modern drivetrain and suspension because i dont think it is a mcburnie build but its a mcburnie mold on a 81 vette

Hi and welcome to the Forum. Can you post some photos of your car, interior and exterior? Perhaps create a new sub-thread in the Ferrari Daytonas Topic.

Do you think you purchased the red one described some years back in this thread?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes its the red one
im loading up lots of pics as soon as i get them out of my phone and in to the computer
and of course a build thread when im starting to strip my love

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

Hello, New Member here, BornLastNight:   Hah!.  I joined this group specifically because I spent a long time searching for the Don Johnson Season 2, Miami Vice Daytona Spyder replica of my dreams, to relive the 80s.   I finally have this car in my possession and couldn't be happier thank you to Arturo Cornejo Miamispyders.   

I'm not a car person.   Just a fan of the series.   I'm a lawyer, so job hazard is I'm naturally curious and suspicious. 

What I'd like to share with the group is "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."  A couple of bad actors, spoil-sports, can ruin a person's reputation. I experienced ZERO of the negative comments like I saw on this post about the sales of Arturo's cars or car parts. ( two in particular)  I am here to recommend to you Arturo W. Cornejo (Arthur C.) who sold me this car. I found Arthur easily through a phone number he posted; I made contact; we discussed like ladies and gentlemen; we are now forging a friendship borne of the love of this TV series and the cars it made popular.  A couple of prolific posters on this site demeaned and  criticized Mr. Cornejo---unfairly given my positive experience.   This beautiful beast of a car is now in my garage. My hands are on its steering wheel. It smells great. It purrs.  I was absolutely giddy when it arrived.  It has been fifty years since I've experienced this kind of "Christmas Morning" type joy. 

The car was accurately represented, the good and the bad.  I had it inspected by two professionals who went to see the car.  I communicated with Arturo C. directly and candidly even asking him point blank about this site's negative comments about him, WHICH Arthur explained to my satisfaction. That's another thing I learned as a lawyer.....wait to judge until you hear the other side's version  !   The seller of this car answered all my questions; he helped with delivery; he was patient with my logistics; he will help me acquire additional upgrades and parts.  Hence, I refer others to him.  I will drive the hell out of my Miami Vice baby, and enjoy it for years to come.  Thank you Arturo.  

Miami Vice 2.JPG

• Like 9

Really great car @BornLastNight! Congrats and welcome to the site. I hope you’ll stick around and participate in all the daily ongoing topics here. We have a good group from all over the world. 

Arturo is here too as @MTVcops :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, Dadrian said:

Really great car @BornLastNight! Congrats and welcome to the site. I hope you’ll stick around and participate in all the daily ongoing topics here. We have a good group from all over the world. 

Arturo is here too as @MTVcops :thumbsup:

Thank you.  I feel very honored to have a car and have new friends who like Miami Vice.

• Like 3

Beautiful car !   I've communicated with  Arturo many times over the past few years as I searched for a Daytona and personally found him to be a good guy.

Post pics of the interior when u get a chance and enjoy the new toy!  

• Like 1

• Ferrariman featured and unfeatured this topic
  • 6 months later...

5 year i have been looking at it ,but now its time for a frame of resturation 

I also did start a Facebook group for us that own a Daytona,for tips and tricks,"Mcburnie Daytona owners club" Regards Totte

DSC_0858.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0869.jpg

• Like 8