Another Daytona from our "Friend" miamispyders (Arturo C)

Sonny-Burnett

Hmmm.....looks like something is missing.....or scratched off.What the.....????
The Scratched out line is for the VIN number of the donor chassis (Vette), which should be 17 digits for any vehicle made from 1981 forward. Typically the VIN number of the donor chassis becomes the titled VIN number for the replicar.To your point, it does make me wonder who would and why would the VIN number would be scratched out??

• 4 weeks later...

Same car is on Kitcars.com as listed below: http://kitcars.com/Classifieds/AdDetails.asp?classified_id=23963CLASSIFIED AD #23963 DETAILS , 4 Pictures TOM McBURNIE MIAMI VICE F@RRARI DAYTONA SPYDER 365TOM McBURNIE MIAMI VICE F@RRARI DAYTONA SPYDER 365 GTB REPLICA KIT CAR UNDERCOVER CORVETTE DAYTONA SPYDER 365 GTB TRIBUTE I'm proud to offer this astounding recreation of the timeless Classic Daytona Spyder 365/gtb, assembled on a 1974 Corvette chassis (about 5,000 miles on built) and powered by a 1994 Fuel Injection LT1 Engine with a 6 speed manual transmission, Cold Air Intake and Dual Flow Master Exhaust that sounds amazing . This beautiful Daytona is finished in all Black Tuxedo exterior with Tan Stay Fast Convt.Top (replaced 7/12). In keeping with the traditional look this Daytona Spyders interior was upgraded to resemble the Original car (in like new condition), features Daytona Style tan/black seats, matching door panels, dash, VDO gauges and center console are also Daytona Style. The interior is also dressed with a Nardi style wooden steering wheel, Daytona toggle switches, 6spd shift knob, emblems and badges. Also comes with power windows, alarm, door poppers and cold ac. This Daytona is sitting on a set of Original Vintage 70 spoke cross laced True Knock off Zenith Wire Wheels (Borrani Style). Don't miss this rare opportunity of owning one of the most recognized, desirable and coolest cars ever built that turns heads where ever you go at a fraction of the price of an original.  This ad posted: 11/16/2012 Car only had offers to around $25K on Ebay so this is the target price.

• 2 weeks later...
Yep. Have a look at the first post in this thread ....Ebay IDs miamispyders' date='aka latinking666, [b']jackiev24, and ,,,,,,most recently mrc702012.Pls have a look at the posting(s) and see if you spot any misrepresentations.

gotta admit though it looks like its a sorted car from the visual standpoints though, wonder if there was another youngman he got a hold of judging by the steering wheel and the finer points of the interior.and what happened to the rear cargo storage area behind the seats there? looks like its been filled in with some sort of carpet container of some sort, unless this was a car likes jurrasic where it had the tank behind the seat at first and that's the interior cover for it which I've never seen before.and what the deal is with that light bridge thing on the nose though, what did someone smack into the nose and that's how it was patched? theres this solid white line with 3 bolts in the nose that goes infront of the headlights and sticks out unlike it does on all of the cars I've seen before.unless its just much more noticeable on the white ones? although it doesnt seem that thick on this red oneEingefügtes Bild

gotta admit though it looks like its a sorted car from the visual standpoints though' date=' wonder if there was another youngman he got a hold of judging by the steering wheel and the finer points of the interior.and what happened to the rear cargo storage area behind the seats there? looks like its been filled in with some sort of carpet container of some sort, unless this was a car likes jurrasic where it had the tank behind the seat at first and that's the interior cover for it which I've never seen before.and what the deal is with that light bridge thing on the nose though, what did someone smack into the nose and that's how it was patched? theres this solid white line with 3 bolts in the nose that goes infront of the headlights and sticks out unlike it does on all of the cars I've seen before.unless its just much more noticeable on the white ones? although it doesnt seem that thick on this red one[/quote']Not sure what you mean by light bridge. Looks like clear plexiglass over round bulbs to me. Probably not a MCB either as the fender flares look too narrow and there are no cutouts for rear side markers. The missing decking behind the seats also looks to me like this is some other manufacturer. The dash is something different to what I have seen before and doesn't look like mine or the Holmes MCB car. The rims look like mine, Zenith knockoff hubs. As to the car owned by Youngman/Holmes I think that was a once in a lifetime find for such a low mileage and pristine (interior) car. It basically sat for years in storage. This one to me doesn't come close to that level of condition or appearance. Maybe someone else has a read on the maker for this one?

Not sure what you mean by light bridge. Looks like clear plexiglass over round bulbs to me. Probably not a MCB either as the fender flares look too narrow and there are no cutouts for rear side markers. The missing decking behind the seats also looks to me like this is some other manufacturer. The dash is something different to what I have seen before and doesn't look like mine or the Holmes MCB car. The rims look like mine' date=' Zenith knockoff hubs. As to the car owned by Youngman/Holmes I think that was a once in a lifetime find for such a low mileage and pristine (interior) car. It basically sat for years in storage. This one to me doesn't come close to that level of condition or appearance. Maybe someone else has a read on the maker for this one?[/quote']the line infront of the headlights at the start of the nose with the three black bolts looks too big and it looks like the car has maybe had a trip to rowley at some point judging by some small rowley touches like the bucket for the handbrake.

the line infront of the headlights at the start of the nose with the three black bolts looks too big and it looks like the car has maybe had a trip to rowley at some point judging by some small rowley touches like the bucket for the handbrake.

Both the red and the white car are Roberts cars. All the manufacturers had a faux Ferrari dash and transmission tunnel. Roberts cars are spotted by the Mazda door handles. The white car has the gas tank behind the seats, which is another clue.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone created a features matrix to identify the manufacturer of daytona replica? like battery and gas tank location etc? kinda like a daytona dna chart?

McBurnie, Markadian, Roberts, Corvarri, CCC.....?????

How about a family tree? I think it would be cool to do? Any takers?

• 2 months later...

Is this one from your car CameraDaytona, or was it from miamispyder's car he was hawking?If you kept other shots did you also keep copies of his Title Documents? Law Enforcement might enjoy seeing those as selling a car with fake Title Docs is likely a Felony in PA.

I would like to see this guy in jail

I would like to see this guy in jail

That makes two of us...he is still selling his cars on Ebay as well as Kitcars.com with a York PA address. He also pops in here from time to time to insult members under varying IDs.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett

says A ponce,  which sounds like something he would choose as a name, that video being posted 3 weeks ago according to the date

Edited by Kavinsky

says A ponce,  which sounds like something he would choose as a name, that video being posted 3 weeks ago according to the date

Can you post the link to where these are?

what is jackies house exactly?

See the first post in this thread, first sentence. One of the Ebay IDs he's used and likely is a relative so presumably is/was her house.