Sonny and his new toy

michealscott7

I just love this scene:
and i am right in thinking thar Ferrari never offered it in white' date=' only black and red?[/quote']Great scene thanks for posting :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kavinsky

• michealscott7

• Matt5

• Morgana

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the 80`s is definitly my era' date=' even my 14 yr old son is into it, although he loves the football of that era more than most other things. he does watch MV with me if i hv it on and was reading through some of our earlier posts asking questions about the TR tho he does know that it is my fav car of all time!I love the fact there is a sort of revival in the clothing (never went away in my eyes) and the music is starting to come through in a new generation that think the 80`s was another age in time and space lol.[/quote']I'll be honest when it came to the TR and the Daytona in vice I had honestly never heard of them before then. as when it came to cars of that time period well I was born and bread a lamborghini and american muscle car guy.primarily mopars of the late 60's to 70's and Lambo's from the 80's like the one Phil Collins drove along with that white one the bad guy drove during the bought and paid for chase, the Jalpa and the countach.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildof which they seemed to really like to use the jalpa as the bad guys car in the latter episodes of vice.or the yellow Plymouth 71' cuda don drove after vice

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zosi2OSnbRQ

of which I have seen the coupe version around here, the damn thing is gorgeous in person although after seeing them, the ferrari's I mean, I like both of them for very different reasons, the daytona replica given its mix of 60's and 80's styles (namely the mirrors, tach and speedo and the wheels are more akin to the styles they used on 80's cars than 60's cars)the car on the show.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?n=6600vs the jaguar E type series 2 dash cluster of the early 70'shttp://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jaguar_-_Flickr_-_jns001_%284%29.jpg and I love the TR just for how crazy it isand I like how they contrast themselves, you've got this black sleak Grand Turismo along the lines of the Jaguar E type of the 60's and then you have this roaring midengined wedge based supercar.in well I guess you could say a cocaine white and black color scheme with a cream interior plus it has the shoulder blades of a football star/ military man in the back when you look at it from dead center about 10 or 20 feet away in the frontcan kind of see it here towards the end

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcVrkogTOAs

and here
I gotta say with that video I love how much nicer the TR looks inside and out vs the NSX and also this goes along well with it over the music they use in itanother yello track by the way
so its a very masculine car, the TR, while the daytona was more feminine in its form, kind of why they contrast each other so well.like the lamborghini countach Vs the Lamborghini miura of the 60's:
both are great just because of how different they are, they both rock.and indeed with the fashions, its just a matter of what you prefer and feel comfortable in really when it comes to it. although with all fashion though theres a want and a need to go the opposite way of what's popular so its more just a matter of sticking to your guns about what you like as eventually it will come back into fashion anyways.although I must say the key is with the vice 80's style to make sure you keep the color contrasts consistent, basically go for light colors mixed in with other light colors you like, like herehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/absolut48.jpg with maybe one or two hard accents like herehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/gespen04.jpgWhite, Tan and then hard black for the T Shirt, key is just to get the balance right, then its just a matter of wearing what you like.and only thing that really changed in S3 was they started using darker colors and then adjusted the other color contrasts accordingly, actually seems like they introverted ithttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/viejo08.jpgdarker colors on the outside, brigher on the inside.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/viejo12.jpgand that's the key to getting the vice style right.

I had a poster of the countach on my wall, definitly an icon of the excess`s of the 80`s. they used lambo`s all over the series of vice, phil collins Jalpa, the bad guys countach, and also lamborghini`s LM002 in hostile take over driven by Cliff King.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002 I loved the cuda he drove in Nash Bridges (another fine tv show)I wasnt as keen on the Daytona although if someone offered me one i wouldnt turn them down!! lol but looking at it now i really like the styling of it, as for the Muira now that is probably one of the greatest looking cars of all time.I think the reason all of this has stood the test of time is that the stories were good (most of the time) the filming of miami especially at night, the fashion, the music they all just came together at the right time, and of course a brilliant young producer called michael mann. It was a totally different direction for a cop show, as you had C.H.I.P.S and TJ Hooker!my brother had a cream Hugo Boss jacket that i used to pinch on a regular basis lol and i had all pastel shade T shirts. obviously espidrals with no socks, great times

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002 I loved the cuda he drove in Nash Bridges (another fine tv show)I wasnt as keen on the Daytona although if someone offered me one i wouldnt turn them down!! lol but looking at it now i really like the styling of it, as for the Muira now that is probably one of the greatest looking cars of all time.I think the reason all of this has stood the test of time is that the stories were good (most of the time) the filming of miami especially at night, the fashion, the music they all just came together at the right time, and of course a brilliant young producer called michael mann. It was a totally different direction for a cop show, as you had C.H.I.P.S and TJ Hooker!my brother had a cream Hugo Boss jacket that i used to pinch on a regular basis lol and i had all pastel shade T shirts. obviously espidrals with no socks, great times

Kind of funny to think that the LM002 was actually going to be a military truck along the lines of the Jeep for our armed forces before the Humvee came about in the early 1980'sstarted out as a prototype called the cheetah, for some odd reason I remember my german uncle having an SUV very similar to it in looks, the LM002 I mean. not sure what it was though as he passed on like a year after I first saw it so I never saw him or it after that back in 92'always wondered what it was, I think it was a suzuki of some sort but it was not that little dinky one that you always see someone driving around with, that X 90 thing, his was full sized and really looked like an LM002and the cheetah looked more like a midenged dune buggy version of it

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BZ810XCMns

with the miura for me its more the interior and what's below the surface that interests me, having the engine visible from the cabin complete with moving parts visibile in the rear view, the interior being absolutely beautiful (and honestly that's what the daytona replicas interior reminds me the most of)Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyj-DB_bpWs

http://www.lambomiura.com/and then you get to what it looks like WITHOUT the bodywork on ithttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7467&stc=1&d=1358758417its built up and drilled like an aircraft frame to make it as light as possible and honestly I like it better like this than with the body on, just needs like the middle part of the body with the doors on it and the interior and you could just leave it like that.it was a wonderful work of passion, but it had alot of early 60's problems but it was a true pure work of passion and that's all that mattered hell all Mr Lambo did was tell his workers they could go crazy after hours building whatever they liked and he was the kind of guy who worked from the ground up so he had great respect for his workers and that was the result, that was created by a bunch of motorhead enthausts just making something completely for funand look what it gave the world, all because he let the workers loose to have some fun and come up with something they wanted to make
hell I'd say Mr. Lamborghini was honestly the Italian equivalent of Carrol Shelby, and that is high praise coming from me as that guys my hero pretty muchsadly theres less than 400 of them around anymore, and I have seen the one at autstrada in germany outside of the volkswaggen factory in the museum, it was worn down and at the time I didnt know what it was as someone had stolen the badge off of it sad old thing, pale yellow, worn down and unloved with a racing mankin next to it with a boring black interior sitting in a dark corner of the museum, now that I know what it is and what it started and how basically it was the genisis of the super car era I cant help but feel like I should go back there and nick the thing and save it from its horribile fate.hopefully its been restored since the last time I was there though, its been damn near 15 years since I was last there and the value of the Miura and the early lambos has skyrocketed so it might be in far better condition than what it wasbut its worth noting Mr. Lambo kept two cars, a white with red inteior lamborghini countach shown here:
and the last version of the miura, a red and gold SV, sorry could only find this photo of ithttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7466&stc=1&d=1358758415I had seen the one of him with the tractor, the Miura and the countach together as one on ferrari chat awhile back (they have a hell of a lamborghini section with the guy who wrote the book on them literally being on there every day) but I cant seem to find ityeah with vice while it has had its upps and downs but it is still watchabile and its not all about death and gloom, even in the dark seasons theres humor there to keep you watching and not leave you with a feeling of dispare like a modern show does here in the UShell I turned on the tv earlier and found some medical show where there had been a car accident with some woman impailed on a part of the car, they moved her without knowing about it at the end and had blood squirting out like a fountain, complete with close ups of the object that had impailed her with blood on itto say the least I nearly threw up at the sight, squirting out like a fricking fountain with this woman trying to apply pressure yelling she's gone into shock, it just looked way too real for comfortthink it was that program Rizzoli & Isles that is supposely based in my neck of the woods here in boston mass, and it DOESNT look a thing like it, also it has the guy from out where the busses dont run as one of the leads, the crazy man.it seemed fine when I first looked it up but jesus if there going to do that kind of crap now I am never watching that show again. you know even with the worst episodes of vice you dont feel like doing that or leave with any sort of real dispair, I swear that scene from Isles there is going to haunt my dreams, to make matters worse I was eating when I saw that.I'll have to add that to the list of things I'm defly afraid of, last time I had that kind of reaction is when they showed one of the doctors on ER loosing a limb to a helicopter.Ill tell you this much I could never be a doctor as I'd just freeze up at the sight of that kind of stuff. on the plus side atleast Alex Kingston who played a doctor on ER is doing Doctor Who nowadays, which is one of the few shows I still find watchabile. and thank god for the sci fi genre, if it wasnt for that and old detective shows like the rockford files and Kojack I'd have no reason to watch TV ever again with the kind of stuff we have on now.what's considered funny I find tasteless outside of one or two punch lines, what passed for a cop show like CSI and law and order seems like an exercise in horror and the worst of humanity in full display and then I get that with Isles there I mean what ever happened to shows like Barney Miller, Cheers, Magnum PI, The Rockford Files and Kojack along with Vice? I hate to be a stick in the mud but it just seems like the old stuff was a 100X better just because they atleast took a break out for some humor and fun in every episode atleast once to lighten the mood. even if it was just for a second, hell even in wrath of khan they had a good laugh about Kirk cheating the no win senario at the start, now your lucky if you get a very small break from the mood of doom and gloom these shows seem to pimp nowadays. I mean It just makes me want to take the director and slap him a few times with a rubber chicken and say lighten up for god sakes!with the clothing actually well the same uncle with the lambo clone actually left me a few clothes that sort of suit my changes in style over the past couple of years, a black letherette mosiac bomber jacket for my rock stage and now a dark grey what feels to be silk windbreaker from vices era with the name reine seide in it whoever that is as I havent been able to find any reference to it, actually theres a second name here to it, says mark adam, hmm.lol good old uncle Klause, I miss him, he was always good at getting me gifts lol

post-592-13892965241624_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965242131_thumb.jpg

That pic of the Muira is amazing, thr is nothing in itno wonder it was so light and quick. Your right about being able to see.the engine, thr is something about that, that changes the look of a beautiful car to an extremely beautiful car, like the F40, to the new Ferrari's and the R8. The way Mr Lambo let his staff run riot, would never happen now, although some Volvo performance staff took a standard c30 and did it up see YouTube vovlo c30 polestar. Top Gear put it against a focus RS and I think astra vxr, Volvo won hands down and they won't produce it, say there is no market. They are bonkers imo!As for horrific scenes hv u seen black hawk down, when they go looking for his femeral artery! I work in a hospital but don't get to see bloody things as i work in cardiac rehab. I like some of the hospital dramas like House and greys anatomy, although they can b gruesome at tims! As for CSI I like the Miami version, Horatio Cane is just a fantastic character, think he would have made a good boss for sonny and rico.Sci-fi has to be Fringe which has just aired its final 2 episodes last Friday. Waiting for the new series of Doctor Who to come on in the UK, agree Alex Kingston is a fine lady as well as a good character. Have u seen Moll Flanders that's worth a watch with her in. Your uncle sounded like a real character, there the best :)

That pic of the Muira is amazing' date=' thr is nothing in itno wonder it was so light and quick. Your right about being able to see.the engine, thr is something about that, that changes the look of a beautiful car to an extremely beautiful car, like the F40, to the new Ferrari's and the R8. The way Mr Lambo let his staff run riot, would never happen now, although some Volvo performance staff took a standard c30 and did it up see YouTube vovlo c30 polestar. Top Gear put it against a focus RS and I think astra vxr, Volvo won hands down and they won't produce it, say there is no market. They are bonkers imo!As for horrific scenes hv u seen black hawk down, when they go looking for his femeral artery! I work in a hospital but don't get to see bloody things as i work in cardiac rehab. I like some of the hospital dramas like House and greys anatomy, although they can b gruesome at tims! As for CSI I like the Miami version, Horatio Cane is just a fantastic character, think he would have made a good boss for sonny and rico.Sci-fi has to be Fringe which has just aired its final 2 episodes last Friday. Waiting for the new series of Doctor Who to come on in the UK, agree Alex Kingston is a fine lady as well as a good character. Have u seen Moll Flanders that's worth a watch with her in. Your uncle sounded like a real character, there the best :)[/quote']Yeah I mean even if its a fuel injected motor its still cool to see it through the plexyglass in the rear view or from the outside, even if carbed engines look much more visually interesting.hell its gotten to the point where on one or two custom cars I've seen them actually making carb dress up kits for fuel injected motors and if you want to see how light it is take a look what he says here http://www.lambomiura.com/acq.htmEingefügtes BildBob's house, 1982. The car was painted black and gold. I was so excited about getting the car that I bought some baby announcement cards and used this photo to send to a few friends. Name: Miura, Date: 12/14/82, Weight: ~2480 lbs! (About the same as my MGB.)2480 pounds, the shelby cobra of the era with a 7 liter V8 was about 1900 and most cars are upwards of the 3500 to 4000 pound range nowadays and those are the SUPERCARS, not the sedans and SUV'shell even the modern Miata is 2,400 pounds vs its original starting weight of 1900 back in the 1990's so back then the Miura with a 3.9 liter V12 with 3, 3 barrel carbs producing 340 REAL HP (most cars here said something like 350 - 450 HP on the tag when in the case of a chevy 427 it was really 288) was 2400 pounds, the same weight as a british MG with only about 90 HPso while it wasnt as light as the cobra it was still more powerfulmeaning that this thing back then probably has a higher power to weight ratio than almost all modern cars with half the horsepower, sadly its aerodynamics needed work hence why the countach is so radically different looking just so it can reach its projected top speedbut where it mattered, 0 - 60 of the 5 second range and up to about a top speed 120 to a 140 MPH before the front end got light depending on the springshttp://www.lambomiura.com/rest30.htmthat thing was a god.but however they did make a few where they tried to fix the aerodynamics like herehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7468&stc=1&d=1358815530http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7469&stc=1&d=1358815532but really who cares? your only going to be using it up to about a 120 tops on the road anyways (but nontheless the refited JOTA prototype there does seem a little nicer than the stock one, I like the new eyes and the spoiler on it) I mean we dont have the autobahn here so its like that thing was BUILT for american roads and back road hussling, which is where you have the most fun anywaysits a concept car for the road plain and simple and that's why people kept them and cared for them. even when they were outdated and unwanted in the 70's and 80's, people just loved them for how insane they were. also I should note that I have seen ones where they put on a new cooling system for the car, new carbs that were more efficent, reliabile and safer than the old webbers (which if there not cared for can cause serious problems on the older ones if there not driven and taken care of)a few have actually been lost to carb fires or have been seriously damaged by them, to say the least old webbers and old italian wiring can be a hazzard if your not carefulbut even then its just something special that you work with to keep around and enjoy and share with the next generation as sadly the day and age where you could make them without anyone giving you a hard time about the what if's of paranoid and somewhat justified safety in some cases are sadly long gone. I mean improvements in safety are a good thing but still I think personally you should be able to sign a paper saying I fully freely acknowledge that this car is not as safe as most cars and I dont care just so they can make cars like that again and sell them to the people who want themI mean listen to what Adam Corrola says here about this old ferrari:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU7SpMaX_uE

you know make it a choice like it always should be, speak with your dollar instead of some legislation passed by some half witt you've never met in your life who thinks he's smarter than you and thus has the right to tell you how to live. which always drives me nuts when you hear the stories about the old days and how they used to do things. but anyways I did find this yestderay after I posted, looks like it was taken around 1990 and seems to use the vice style to photograph the miura

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=GutBppcwev0

that is basically what Mr Lambo kept for himself, just in red instead of that very unique white/pale bluehmm speak of the devil by the way, he literally just did a video on the polestar today
the one that got me was the Prodrive sedan they showed, only a concept yet it did so much crazy stuff and held together
on the plus side prodrive owns a good chunk of aston martin now but still and I firmly believe creativity is the spice of life and it seems like car companies are just smashing it with a shoe or something as well Prodrive and Volvo are not the only oneslamborghini is VERY guilty of it, I can imagine a billion people who would want to buy this one, hell this should have been in the noland batman films, not that Diablo replacement (I always have trouble remembering how to spell the name)
plus well The Audi Quattro system was developed by a bunch of workers screwing around after hours that created this
and is now featured on everything audi related, just by simply doubling and shifting the mechanicals of the rear wheel drive system to create a constant 50/50 4 wheel drive system till the last version of that car in 1990/1991 the miura of courseand also this familiar piece of music, created when a certain Mr. Collins was just messing around on his keyboard with the different sounds it made
I mean hell I think the only reason why we're stagnating creative wise is no one is willing to give it a chance in an era where its all the more important that you do.and it applies to everything, hell turn on the BBC's craig charles funk and soul show and they have brand new bands and songs that sound like there from the 1960's and 1970's but there just not signed by a major labelso its just like the 80's revival stuff its out there, people are making it just that these big people with the checkbooks wont give it a shot it seems. guess that's what happens when you have accountants and executives who dont care about there product running the company and only caring if you make a profit or not, hell one of the few that doesnt do that seems to be nissian
crazy and not my taste but I can fully respect them for having the guts to do that and let them build those concepts, and if theres a demand and a want for it unlike modern lamborghini with the estoque (which they still get asked and bugged about and rightfully so I still want them to make it and that was 4 years ago by now) they would have the guts to put any of those cars into production.actually the fuel cell SUV towards the end of the second video there reminds me of that monster SUV they used in Tango and Cash which I always likedhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_61187-Chevrolet-K-2500-1988.html and the interior wood job there looks greatBut the cars aside I have seen black hawk down but I dont really remember anything about it, I remember it felt nihilistic at the start which I actually liked and then it seemed to turn into a basic war filmeh with me and CSI Miami I used to watch it but I dont know something changed, I seem to remember watching all the way up until they went to brazil and I just burned out and that was it.plus I dont know but I kinda of wonder if horratio has OCD about his sunglasses, like he always takes them off and then looks at them like he's worried he put a smudge on it before he looks at someone to talk to them after they've been talking to him for about a minute or so.like I always kind of wonder is he thinking like okay I didnt smudge my sunglasses, now what is this person talking about now?I kind of go on and off with Doctor Who honestly, I started to get into when I was watching Sfdebris retrospects on the old series here
- the links are in the description, because of legal problems he had to movie his reviews to blip tv so he uses youtube as a way to tell people he's posted a new review thereeven though all they are are just reviews so they should be protected under fair use here in the US but the copywrite nazi's who also took down a good portion of the miami vice fan vids (like the Don Healy sunset grill one I really liked, bloody bastards) were after him regardless even though to do so is actually technically illegal under the fair use laws.http://www.youtube.com/user/sfdebris/videos?query=dr.+who but anyways so I decide to give it a try, so its kind of like I like it and I'm warming up to it but I'm not a devout follower I guess would be a good way to put ita casual on off viewer I guess would be an apt way to put it, hell used to watch the scarf doctor, Tom Baker when I was a kid on PBS but I had no idea what the program was back then.I havent seen her Molly Flanders thing honestly, I guess I'm kind of out of touch with even the good programs of modern tv nowyeah with my uncle he was a good man, just kind of funny about damn near 20 some years since his passing and I guess taking up his mantle a little bit I guess

I WANT THAT LAMBO!!!! its fantastic, 1st time i have seen it. As for the miura i had heard they can spontaniously combust if not used regularly. I definitly think the suits are afraid of creativity within industry, if we dont have it then ipods dont get created, amazing concept cars dont come of a kids etch-a-sketch its bonkers. they dont even have to spend pots of money, just let them play when the doors are locked for the night!!I love the colour of the miura, there are always colours that certain cars should be, in my book a Ferrari must always be red, a porsche should be silver and i always like to seea lambo in white or a crazy colour, never red just looks wrong but thats just me.The doors on the miura are a work of art too, with the louvre vents in them, have to say tho, thr is nowhere for any luggage only a pair of trunks in the glove box lol. The video could have been done for vice the way it is filmed when being followed at dusk.Lamborghini missed the boat when Ford released the new GT40, they should have responded with a miura concept, it would have driven straight off the stand and into production.then again looking at the pics, sort of doesnt look as goodhttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0djh3bNvVx6mcyMIYM22vnOrqGPpnP4Ftn3iagaCmuvviKgXi https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbznG_7HW0M0FxgA97s-SxB-VT6TQ7qcUHjKcqbT7coPqs_YDolooks too modern, cant beat originalityjust found this and it is so wronghttp://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ferrari/testarossa/1494818.htmland this looks more modern with different wheels, but would have to have original wheels on ithttp://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/ferrari/testarossa/1440401.htmlps you on twitter?

Its the damn carburators, the carbs on the miura (and the Urraco) have a the fuel line I guess that's not tethered too well to the carbs and thus from the engine movement it can undo itself, and to give you an idea of what kind of engine movement there is take alook at this on this 1971 Cuda at 3:35

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecKAIxET78E

that's the engine moving from giving it some gas.and unlike a muscle car the engine is mounted left to right instead of front to back (along with the Urraco and the 206. 246 Dino and the magnum 308) so you've got those forces going when you take a hard corner, with four, four not one or two or three carbs like on a muscle car, four in the case of the Miura's V12actually if you wanted to make a Miura and those cars more reliabile put on 3, 4 barrels instead of 4, 3 barrels and in the daytona's case and ferrari's with the V12's they put on 6, 2 Barrels except those were mounted from back to front unlike the miura and like the countach and the testarossa's forerunner the Berlineta Boxer that came out in 73.plus the early miuras didnt have a dry sump oil system, which mixed with the engine placement well caused some balance problems with the oil when you went around a hard corner hence why alot of them are now getting converted over to dry sump systems like the Jota's and countach's hadso well that's why there known to do that, it might just be a simple case of the screws for the fuel line needing to be locktighted, hence why if the car is driven, retuned every once in awhile along with someone checking the fuel line screws it probably doesnt happen to the ones that are taken care off.(as I dont think they had locktight back then and I believe it is indeed non flammable, but also old fuel pipes just plain wear out too hence why you need to take care of older cars and have them checked over about once every 3 - 6 months would be a good time scale)along with putting in a battery disconnect switch for the old italian wiring and even then just in general with old cars you really want them to be checked over once in awhile as even in the case of the F40 they've had fuel injection fires and you need to pull the battery disconnect for those to shut the fuel pumps off otherwise it just adds more fuel to the burining fire, probably the same thing for the carbed ones as well. hence why if you have an old car, be it fuel injected or carbed from the pre hardcore computer era of the 2000's you really need a battery disconnect and a fire extingusher but in the case of the Dino's and the Magnum 308 people still drive them and take care of them so its not that widespread with them since the cars are constantly taken care of and loved.basically not driving them and enjoying them is what causes most of these problems because of the fear of them getting damaged by some jelous jerk and careless people parking next to you thinking a parking spot where theres maybe a foot to open the door is big enough. really need to pass a law stating that because of SUV's and Minivans wide door lines and high roofs that all parking spots must be enlarged by a foot or two on either side and that would put an end to all of this. especially given how large the doors are on some of these cars, pitty scissor doors arent more popular really.that and well this:
we're literally rusting our car from the inside out, hence why old cars that have been driven every day of there lives last while collector cars that are driven once every six months are a pain in the butt to live with because of the problems caused by the water in the engine coolantand I gotta admit I'm starting to think that this might be the way to go when it comes to carring for a car body:
if they could make a shock absorbant version of that that could take dings without damaging the body underneath outside of someone stealing the car it would pretty much remove the fear of driving and enjoying a nice car everyday.someone keys you they only key the wrap not the body underneath, not sure how well that would work up here in the north with the snow and the salt though.yeah its just a damn shame really that you can see an era that could have been as great as the 80's for creativity and its getting suffocated with a pillow, slowly but surely and then the people who are creative and want to do there own thing get suffocated by red tape and income taxes designed to punish the self employed.and people wonder why everythings coming from asia, mexico and everywhere else but the US, they cant function here, plain and simple. gotta throw out the red tape creators who dont like cool things and barr them from law, its the only way things are going to get better in all fields, cars included that and the accountaints and bosses need to lighten up and take up a vested interest in product and alow creativity off the leash once in awhile and be made so they cant take there stock options for 10 years.that way they cant cut costs, run off with the profits and watch as the company hits the ground and blows up after everyone learns how crap the new product is compaired to the old one.which seems to be happening every couple of months at this rateI dont know with the color things, I think honestly that the main problem is that everyone goes for bright red, garrish red orange or garish yellow when if they just made it standard to go with Dark Red italian cars would look a hell of alot better like here with the Miura:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7472&stc=1&d=1358896683I think that it should be whatever you want basically but garrish red should not be the general standard, you never want the colors to be so loud that you cant enjoy the lines of the car like Bright yellow and Bright red do plus dark red looks black at night and really works for the testarossa

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX9Yk_B3cwY&NR=1&feature=endscreen

its subjective but theres a reason why dark red when next to loud red just looks better and gives you what you want at the same time, its sort of like the same rule that applies to fashion, its all about the color contrasts you know bright red with an all black interior just seems like while its cool it would look a hell of alot better with a dark red like with that miuraor dark red with a cream interior like that TR used in the music video therewith the miura concept I think it just seemed like they were doing too many retro things, you dont want to undermind the past with the same car just modernized and not as memorabile. The idea is to create a hybrid of the old and the newnot just copy the old which is why they didnt bring it into production yeah I prefer the original wheels on it and I honestly dont use twitter.

post-592-13892965243296_thumb.jpg

Yeah classic cars should be driven not stored in atmosphere controlled garage!! Got to be driven. Can't stand it wen u see them just sitting there looking forlorn. Love to see people like Chris Evans spending 5 million on a Ferrari and then driving it, proper car man.

Yeah classic cars should be driven not stored in atmosphere controlled garage!! Got to be driven. Can't stand it wen u see them just sitting there looking forlorn. Love to see people like Chris Evans spending 5 million on a Ferrari and then driving it' date=' proper car man.[/quote']And to think James Coburn of "In Like Flint" fame had that car repainted 5 times and had the best mechanic in hollywood tend after it, it was his one and only car and he loved the hell out of it. Now its just going to sit in some garage for the next 20 years collecting dust and rusting from the inside outand to add insult to injury the current owner took the chrome bumpers off of it, a 250 Californian spyder and he took one of thee defining traits of a pre 73 car OFF of it.http://www.flickr.com/photos/greis_photography/7960327330/http://www.flickr.com/photos/30098213@N05/2822166555/you know in a nutshell its just another case of something getting so expensive that no one is willing to use it, I mean do you really think that if someone stole such a rare car that it would never turn up again?at the very least take it for a pleasure drive on a backroad somewhere once a week or something and if you live in a half decent place you shouldn't have to really worry about someone stealing it.and with that modern bodyguard stuff along with battery disconnects, GPS trackers and ways to better preserve the engine and the mechanicals with modern oils and cooling fluids there's really no reason not to use it.hell the only real danger are the damn parking spots being too small and having someone park next to you when you specifically park 3 lots away from everyone or next to a pair of open spaces.for some reason people never get the message that I parked next to two open spots for a reason away from the rest of the cars half way down the lot, DONT PARK NEXT TO MY CAR DAMN IT!hell your better off parking next to two cars with a low roof line since no one with an SUV or minvan can park there. and if well you just get what you need in due time and get out of there before they come back there's little to no chance of people dinging or damaging your car in the meantime.hell had some idiot with a utility van park next to my car with a less than a foot between them while I was in the supermarket, lucky I caught him before he opened the door and make sure he was careful but jesushe had the audacity to say that there was plenty of space when I said I could move it forward if he had trouble getting out and yet he had to walk sideways to get out of the parking spot.I mean what is wrong with people that they think that, do I literally have to petition the driving schools to teach people not to do that from now on?and people wonder why there cars look like battleships after two years of them doing stupid crap like that.same thing with the door handles, you always see the pit where the door handle is mounted has a billion scratches on it from them not opening the door right, I put two fingers around the door handle and dont poke them in towards the pit so I dont scratch the paint.I mean this seems like bone basic stuff, why am I the only person who thinks of this stuff? yeash, I guess its like a guy selling hearing aids seeing a kid driving around blaring a loud stereo or something.you just know what's going to happen next and by the time they realize their mistake its too late to undo the damage but anyways that aside I did find this the other day:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJcBard9n7Y

funny how in a season using blue's, blue grey's and green's they changed the title card to match it actually.and also this, forgot about this one:

yeah that , im always careful not to bump the car next to me wen i get out, really bugs me wen people just park so close. the small parking spaces wr a reason i had to get rid of my Alfa GTV, with a sore back trying to squeeze out of a low sports car created more problems. was gutted, wont let me upload photos at the min will try to get them on.parking spaces stayed same size as cars have got bigger, even so called city cars from ten years ago are now the size of a modern hatchback (UK) VW golf must be nearly 70% bigger than when it was released! yet space still same.love the 1st youtube link

yeah that ' date=' im always careful not to bump the car next to me wen i get out, really bugs me wen people just park so close. the small parking spaces wr a reason i had to get rid of my Alfa GTV, with a sore back trying to squeeze out of a low sports car created more problems. was gutted, wont let me upload photos at the min will try to get them on.parking spaces stayed same size as cars have got bigger, even so called city cars from ten years ago are now the size of a modern hatchback (UK) VW golf must be nearly 70% bigger than when it was released! yet space still same.love the 1st youtube link[/quote']Alfa GTV? isnt that one like the one Bond stole in Octopussy to get to the army base at the end?and yeah I know what you mean about the roofline's on those cars, basically the way I delt with it was just to have my legs outside of the door, bend my neck and fall in and then just reverse it for getting out. that way you dont have to bend the back if the seats back far enough to allow you to do that, but I think you need a good sized door to hold onto though for it to work with a window frame like the TR's or a modern volkswaggen.and I think Tubbs did that with the TR in a few of the episodes, I remember him doing that specifically in down for the count when they get the book from Zito's deceased friend. its a little elaborate looking but it worksguess that would be a plus for the daytona over the TR though, I remember him literally jumping into the daytona in a few occasions like the daytona was the general lee or something. yeah I guess with the size thing it might also be because of the safety regulations, so in order to fit in those crash zones they had to make the cars longer and wider, yet because they want to pack as many cars as they can into a small space they havent bothered to make the parking spots biggerand with the youtube vid ill keep an eye on it, says theres a second part coming in a little whilesadly with the golf though we cant get the hotter version over here, the sciroco, no idea why other than volkswaggen not wanting to shoot sales of the Golf GTI and R in the footand personally I think people would be far better off with the sportwaggen jetta than the golf anyways, alot more space in that baby, its got a 5 clyinder with 170 HP and 177 foot pounds which seems to be underatted.

post-592-13892965244614_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965244943_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965245261_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965245577_thumb.jpg

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2BB237B9B602B25E!647&authkey=!AL1b7FeVTLXK2kcyour right Bond did drive a GTV in Octopussy to get to the bomb on the army base, but mine was the next gen, see the link above think it will work.As for the Scirocco the diesel version is the best, more torque at lower speeds. would rather have the golf anyway, especially the R32.love the way Tubbs gets into the TR

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2BB237B9B602B25E!647&authkey=!AL1b7FeVTLXK2kcyour right Bond did drive a GTV in Octopussy to get to the bomb on the army base' date=' but mine was the next gen, see the link above think it will work.As for the Scirocco the diesel version is the best, more torque at lower speeds. would rather have the golf anyway, especially the R32.love the way Tubbs gets into the TR[/quote']hmm yeah that the 1990's version of it, interesting how different it looks there. like they decided to drop the hatchback feature of it which was like the lamo espada in concept almostEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildand decided to got for a more traditonal coupe style, gotta admit thought that alfa is one of the few italian car makers where even with the new cars you can openly say, yes that is an alfaand I do like that thing, gotta admit though my favorite alfa being a muscle car guy is the MontrealEingefügtes Bild Hmm I guess its true what they say, when something leaves an impression on you as a child you always come back to it, with Me I was exposed to muscle cars at a very early age and had a Buick GSX just like this one outside of my middle school

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=79lsOJyMaQs

and ever since then I've always gravatated towards the more masculine style cars with a few exceptions, hell alfa and lambo seemed to be just as filled with testosterone back in the 1970's and 1980's as the american muscle cars of the late 1960's to 1978with him getting in the TR I like how that by the time he's about to put his feet in there crockett is ready and roaring to go though, so it is a little slower but doesnt seem to bend the back.and usually the only time it hurts to get into a car with a low roofline is when your neck is stiff from sleeping wrong which I've done a few times, and its not funwith the golf though the R model they have over here has a 6 speed vague gearbox it seems, couldnt figure out how to work the thing and find first and when I told the guy about it he said yeah they have trouble finding reverse and first as well when trying to park the thing.not exactly something you want on a high performance golf with 4 wheel drive, can you just imagine 4 wheel drive and then putting it into reverse by accident while going along looking for first from second?and yeah I know the thing is supposed to be spring loaded so it just goes right into gear with a flick of your hand towards whatever gear you want to put it into but if the people who deal with them on a day by day basis cant figure out how to work the thing what hope does the customer have with it?and the golf R here only comes in manual as well, compared to the GTI here its bound to fail with a gearbox like that, the clutch was good though I must say, nice and lightand they wonder why americans want the auto transmissions part of the reason why the italian way seems like the smarter way to have a gearbox rigged up.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3FhhthFAu0

5 speeds with reverse plainly visible and with an optional rear lockout

post-592-13892965245893_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965246264_thumb.jpg

I must admit having driven my cousins auto BMW i would hv one, but at the min im driving a MG ZR very similar to this but mine has blacked out windowshttp://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/photolib/transport/MG%20ZR%20160%20-%201.jpgits only a small engine but handles like a go-kart. does the daily commute no bother and with petrol running at around £1.30 (roughly $2) a litre it needs to be cheap to run!!at the min tho i wish i had a 4x4 with this snow my car just doesnt go anywhere once it hits the snow that isnt compacted.We have a motoring magazine called EVO and one of the editors has just had an espada restored to go along with his countach, he is looking for something else as he has just sold his Zonda!! That was the first time i had heard or seen one.www.evo.co.ukthey also have a youtube channel EVOTVAs for car tastes they can change on a whim, i know at times i should get something practical but then just go for something impractical and end up selling it later on to get the first choice! i like that alfa montreal.

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/photolib/transport/MG%20ZR%20160%20-%201.jpgits only a small engine but handles like a go-kart. does the daily commute no bother and with petrol running at around £1.30 (roughly $2) a litre it needs to be cheap to run!!at the min tho i wish i had a 4x4 with this snow my car just doesnt go anywhere once it hits the snow that isnt compacted.We have a motoring magazine called EVO and one of the editors has just had an espada restored to go along with his countach, he is looking for something else as he has just sold his Zonda!! That was the first time i had heard or seen one.www.evo.co.ukthey also have a youtube channel EVOTVAs for car tastes they can change on a whim, i know at times i should get something practical but then just go for something impractical and end up selling it later on to get the first choice! i like that alfa montreal.

Yeah thing is though you've got much higher octanes over there as standard, 91 here is premium and for you guys its like the bottom line gas you can get, which for us is 87 at probably damn near half price compared to the euro prices even then when it comes to 91hence why diesel is so much more popular over there, while here its taxed to the sky because truck drivers use it and our goverment likes to squease everyone whenever they have an excuse to plus its not that refined.as there was actually someone who came in to the volkswaggen dealership who had to have there engine lines and the fuel injectors of the engine replaced because they had put in a bad load of diesel and being high sulfur it gunked up the motor of a brand new volkswaggen diesel.but hell we havent had a 100 octane (aircraft gas for single engined piper like aircaft) which was needed in some of the older cars for damn near 40 years, probably about 1970/1971 is when our goverment forced them to phase it out. and that's also part of the reason why theres such a performance gap between American and foreign makes and still is.that being said if your looking for a car along the lines of the Golf R which runs on 91 you could try the new tiguan turbo direct injection, its got a 4 cylinder turbocharged 200 HP motor on it and a hell of alot more inside space and rear space than a golfand its very quick and very sensitive acceleration wise and drives just like a sports car, which is very deceiving considering how much headroom it has and how high off the ground it is. plus the trunk space is on par with a good sized sedan over here and there is plenty of rear leg room compared to the new rav 4 toyota and its nowhere near as big as some of the SUV's here.after all it is golf based just like the Jetta sportwaggen and alot of volkswaggen cars. hmm still kind of funny to think in the 40 years since the porsche 914 4 with 90 hp and the opel GT of 1970 with a 110 4 cylinders are putting out 180 HP + now and that's in street form!The espada I've know about for awhile, it kind of caught my eye as it looks like a hybrid of one of the forgotten shelby mustangs and a cool hatchback:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildwhich kind of paints the picture you use the espada for daily driving and the mustang for fun if you were a rich guy back in the 1970's lolLike I said it just seems like back in the 1970's while the testorone era died in america the italians picked it up and ran with it.funny thing is until the gallardo the espada was actually thee most popular lamborghini ever, hell I'm kind of surprised I havent been hearing about them taking motors out of the espadas to replace damaged or lost ones out of the miura as they literally are the same engine. even then some of the suspension parts have been used for restoring miuras in this day and age.after all with a 350 K car vs a 30 K car it seems a hell of alot more econmical to use it to restore the much more rare and hard to find miura of which there are only 400 left vs a couple thousand Espadas. with that evo guy I did run across it awhile back

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiBMo7j5Gtk

along with his other car, the lotus elan, thee fastest and smallest car out there you can get, the embodyment of if you want to go fast just add lightness mentality of Collin chapman the man behind lotus carsvideo of his elan here

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3KWU1qlfIM

but Mr Shelby, god rest his soul, took that to a whole new level, using an already very light car, the AC Ace and putting a huge engine it to create the cobra, so its sort of like the elan if you turned it into a drag car instead of a euro sports car
thats the cobra vs a real daytona there by the way, I have that movie on DVD, I cant believe they finally found it!I knew that wasnt a normal ford blue color on it and I always wondered what happened to it, there was some horribile rumor it had been wrecked and destroyed. 30 years being an a garage and its just been sitting there all this time, hallelujah! FYI I specifically built a model of that as a kid, that's how much I like that thing, cant bloody believe its in one piece letalone in damn near perfect condition since its use in the film!no rust at all! cant wait to see it back up and running!but back ontopic that being said about the elan I'm much more a fan of the esprit than the elan, as even the British picked up the masculine bug and created the lotus esprit and the aston martin V8 back in the 1970'sEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bildanyways I should mention the reason why you keep hearing people complain about the brakes not feeling up to snuff on the countach in that evo video is because there unassisted. there's no servo to ease the amount of effort that is required to work them so it gives this perception that there not doing there job when all it is is there's no servo to make it easier to actuate the brakes like there is on a modern car.its kind of like no power steering vs power steering, yeah it may be harder to work but there's more feel unless it was really rigged up well to work right with power steering although this being the modern age where a 4 banger can put out as much as the corvette back in its lowest point in the 1980's with a cut and detuned 350 for 89 octane I'm pretty sure there's probably a ton of people who've created the best of both worlds in that sense by this pointstill though I just find cars that require more effort to drive well much more fun than ones that anyone could drive just as well while being asleep.well thing is with practicality the best thing you can do is look for what's called sleeper cars, things like the Tiguan and the Volkswaggen sportwaggen jetta, they have a good amount of space, the Jetta feels like a sports car but looks like a nice but civil station wagon yet it has the noise and the power of the Audi Ur Quattro without any of the drawbacks of being turbocharged, if you cant go for a second fun car those are your best bets, main thing is to find something that's fun that can be used everyday.funny thing is people NEVER look at stationwaggons despite them being rigged up to be fast as there rigged up like trucks, they are designed to have a heavy load in the back at all timesthing is if your just using it for commuting with nothing in the back you've got all that extra power freed up for performance and fun, kind of a hidden secret really. you know no one said you have to give up the farm and the fun by going with a wagon after all, kind of a trade secret really.its always the things people overlook that are usually the most fun.

I believe Harry Metcalf has now had brake servo, and possibly powersterring retro fitted to his countach, sometime last year. Have you noticed that the gear lever in the lambo is on at 90 degrees, i need a life if im picking up that kind of detail. The espirit was a car i loved after a certain car turned it into a submarine!! and used a newer version in for your eyes only.I love the cobra, where i used to work it was above a carpark and one summer i heard rumble coming into it, looked out the window and there was a guy coming shopping in one, for the rest of the summer i knew wenever he came shopping lol.As for sportswagons, i looked at Audi A4 and subaru impreza from the late 90`s, wanted the Audi with tiptronic gearbox but got frightened off by stories of gearbox failure.anyway we digress from the original topic, just found this on youtube

i personally would have restored the radio cover, spoils the interior massively, but still for a 20 yeaold car it does look showroom, but yet again someone buying it and very rarely using it with only 10000 miles on the clock. cant remember seeing those seatbelts annoying Sonny and rico in MV tho :D

i personally would have restored the radio cover, spoils the interior massively, but still for a 20 yeaold car it does look showroom, but yet again someone buying it and very rarely using it with only 10000 miles on the clock. cant remember seeing those seatbelts annoying Sonny and rico in MV tho :D
Yeah I've heard of people talking about that and how narrow the gates are on them, its one of those things where its a definitive motion and it requires precision in your movements to get it down I believe, which is part of its charm, not like slapping the gear in on that Golf R.with the esprit though I've noticed I only like the ones with the black bumpers for some odd reason, without the two tone's next to each other the Lotus just doesnt look right period it seems, hence why the early ones just seem head and shoulders above the latter ones look wise.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7480&stc=1&d=1359199431http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7481&stc=1&d=1359199435Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildYeah the cobra's something else, kind of a pitty its so copied but you can usually tell when its a real one or a fake one just on how well its done, Looking at the blue cobra I could tell just by looking at it it was genuinethe rims are correct, its stance sits properly, the interior is the proper mesh of carpet and leather, wheel has the correct patina, the chrome isnt overdone or flashy like the modern ones are, they seem overshined and it looks untouched since her days in the gumball rallywith that 289 it was a custom job, someone in the 1970's tried to make it look like the 427 model but failed to fit the proper size tires, rims and get the stance correctly and painted in period 70's bronzeEingefügtes Bildhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_5992-Plymouth-Satellite-1974.htmlalong with putting all of that tacky extra chrome on the nose, I hate the fish mouth chrome they put on them all the time, should have just the two bumpers on either side for the light bar and leave itEingefügtes Bildbasically remove the blocks here and leave itEingefügtes Bildnot do this with itEingefügtes Bildwell with new technology and gearboxes generally you want to wait until a new tech is in its 5th year of production as that's usually when they get all the kinks and problems worked out.its when a car is a new revision with a bunch of untried brand spanking new technology that's purported to be a billion times better that the old stuff that you should avoid it at all costs. as its also going to have all new problems to go along with all the new advantages! yeah the radio cover drives me nuts there, I mean we're not talking about a scuff mark on a door there your talking something that is right smack in the middle of the dash there that you look at ALL the time.gotta admit the interior colors though arent that flattering it seems, cream colored carpet, tan seats and a chocolate brown dash, just doesnt seem like a good combo the vice car had cream leather, rust colored carpet to contrast it and a chocolate dash which seemed to look like a sort of redish black tint at night, kind of hard to describe but in the daylight it looked more like that, but at night it had a totally different look to it in low light.can see it here at 0:49

post-592-1389296524654_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965247037_thumb.jpg

Yeah that cobra with all the chrome on looks hideous, much better with just the bumpers on.Yeah the espirit looks much better with contrasting bumper.As for the TR a contrasting carpet would b much better but can say I really noticed it in the video, although I did notice he had done other nice cars for sale in the background lolHave just found thus as well followed it a bit on Twitterhttp://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1057514And thishttp://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1057264Also thishttp://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1056712

Yeah that's why with me and probably alot more people having the iconic Gumball Rally Cobra with its subtitle slightly modified guards blue lacquer finish turn up intact and safe and sound is such a big deal. Hell I'd put it up there with finding out the daytona is fine and they just blew up a model of it when it comes to good news.because its one of the few cobras that wasnt overdone and blown out of proportion, hell the Cobra in that film gave the real daytona spyder in a typical italian red a real fight for attention in ithell if it wasnt for Raul Julia in the drivers seat of the Ferrari along with his co pilot I dont think anyone would really remember the red ferrari too well if it had been in black though with wire wheels instead of the TR's wheels though...............http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7482&stc=1&d=1359236617then that would have been differentBut I can safely say if I had to pick 6 cars the world will never forget its going to have one of those spotsyeah I think I remember he had some wild odd cars in there at one point, thing he had a panoz roadster which is a weird little thing that I think honestly no one really knows about and still doesnt:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=85v9N-BeOC4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoz_Esperantehmm wonder how many daytona coupe owners wish they had given up the 2 extra grand for the spyder version now, but back then that was the equivalent of 20 Grand, and the asking price of the car was 200 to 220K in today's moneywait a tickThe Daytona was returned to Luigi Chinetti Motors in 1976 and resold to Nicholas Seidman, who traded the 25,000-mile car to Kenneth Fullerton of Lexington, Massachusetts. It went on to spend the next three decades being carefully driven and maintained as part of a private collection on the East Coast.the car was in my neck of the woods for awhile?well I have seen astons, rolls royces, bentleys, porsches and any and all makes you can imagine from time to time, all usually brand new, wish I had gone to lexington abit more though if I had known there was a daytona therewith the miura there it was restored and upgraded by the same place that was doing that lambo miura I sent you the link to.from S model to SV model, they had 3 revisions, the first the P400, very light gauge of metal used and other small things which you can see herehttp://www.lambomiura.com/info/info-index.htmbut for an SV usually that means that the chasis is strengthened along with alot of other minor stuff including the switch over to a dry sump oil system, although I dont like what they do with the tires and the front turn signalsthey change them to full amber turn signals and put wider rear tires on the rear that stick out from the car, rather than what its like in the countaches case where the flares stick out further in the rear so that even with the wider rear wheel they apear to be the equal size from most angles. personally I prefer the S or P400 versions given how pure they look, like the ones leno has which are a P400 and S model, one owned by dean martins son too.and sadly while the number is correct, about 600 to 700 made of all, only half are known to have survived of the miura and sometimes there one and the same car, probably leading to that number there, atleast partlyhttp://www.lambomiura.com/index.htm, look at the bottom of the page, his car is both 127 and 254orange and black with green with gold spinners? only in the 60's! love the old style mirror too, dont see many miuras with it and its a damn shame.Eingefügtes Bildwith that Cobra some of the info is wrong, the 427's never won on the track and were hard to handle, they actually found that this was a far better race car than the 427 cobra

www.jaylenosgarage.com/at-the-garage/sports-cars/1964-shelby-cobra-daytona/and all it is a rebodied cobra with an aerodynamic body with the small block enginefunny thing is that people want the ones that look cool, not were faster like the Karma tail here like with the rebodied version of the 250 GTO that while faster and better was less than desirabile for alot of years since it didnt look as good as the first versionEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

post-592-13892965247527_thumb.jpg

there is definitly something about the 250 GTO it just seems to be the best of the best so to speak, cant tell you why just feels that way. there price tag just keeps rising.there is a test in this months Classic car and sportscar pitting the Ghibli against the daytona, reporter shades the ghibli as his choice but from the bit i read there was a papers breadth between them.

there is definitly something about the 250 GTO it just seems to be the best of the best so to speak' date=' cant tell you why just feels that way. there price tag just keeps rising.there is a test in this months Classic car and sportscar pitting the Ghibli against the daytona, reporter shades the ghibli as his choice but from the bit i read there was a papers breadth between them.[/quote']actually its only when its racing or moving that you can see why it does that, I've actually seen one at the local museum here at boston about 7 years ago:Eingefügtes Bildhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1962_Ferrari_250_GTO_34_2.jpgjust sitting there like a static display, no engine noise, no movement, it really doesnt seem that special if you dont see someone using it and hear the roar of the 3 Liter Lambretti V12, not to mention something is very wrong with the interior and the nose on this one, looks more like its got a model of a 250 GTO's interior instead of the actual cars interior of the time period. and to think it used to look like thisEingefügtes Bildlooks like it barely had one gloss coat like a race car should, now it shines like a giant red fish and yes it turns out this was the same car that made a brief cameo on the rockford files, I found a mention of the chasis numbers on ferrarichat and it specifically said that, that car is now in the hands of ralph lauren and his car collectionI mean what the hell happened to it between then and now? I mean it looks like a Kit car now.30 million dollars and the datsun 240 Z replicas made by Mcburnie look better than one of the actual examples, I mean there is seriously something wrong there

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-Mw1i9O3Q

and honestly I was more interested in the blower bentley and the Mclaren F1 as I was reading the Old 007 books from the 1950's in preparation for Casino Royale coming out in 06' at the time (actually a family member of mine got me the whole collection of the old Ian Flemming books when I just wanted an old copy of Casino Royale lol) and it turns out bond had a battleship grey version of this in the booksthe 4 1/2 blower bentleyEingefügtes Bildthe old 1930's lemans racer, back when men were men and women were glad of it as Leno put it lol and the Mclaren because its always fascinated meEingefügtes Bild that car is basically the genesis of modern supercars today, Carbon ceramic brakes in 1990 when no one else could get them to work, LITERAL gold used as I think Insulation or some sort of heatshield for its motor240 MPH for a road car, its sitting position I mean everything about it made it as revolutionary and groundshaking as well a 250 GTO, the daytona and the Miurahell funny thing was a the seating position was thought up first for the miura but they didnt do it so its kind of like its extended family in an odd away and 240 mph for a road car when it would take everyone damn near 20 years to catch up!actually I just picked up on it with that 250 GTO, when that 250 GTO was overrestored some idiot put a square fog lamp in one of the circular air intakes on the nose, put some cheap looking chrome piece over the main air intake with a ferrari badge stuck in there and closed the 3 holes for the fog lamps on the nose, those three triangles were supposed to house the fog lamps in the first place.along with overdoing the paint job and putting in baby blue seats and not doing up the rest of the interior, hell looks like the interior is a mixture of grey, baby blue and black there when it was probably all blackbasically it went from being an understated bad ass car into an overrestored ferrari with as many ferrari badges as he could put on it.I mean atleast with the race one while it has the same problem with the grill and the light he left the traingles open, put the proper race decals on it and left the interior aloneI think I have that issue, although I thought it was a much older one from months if not years ago.no wait that was a daytona owner against a Ghibli owner and they swtched cars, the Ghibli owner loved the daytona but wished it had power steering which had been put on from a land rover of some sort on the Ghibli and the daytona owner really liked having power steering, but still liked his car.said the Ghibli owner would arrive in a place in style and untired but said that the daytona owner would have a grin on his face while for the Ghibli owner it would just be another typical drive was the basic jist of it

like the gto better in the still of "the rockford files" looks way better.The Bentley Blower is a fine piece of machinery as is the mclaren F1, was`nt keen when it was first released but love it now. The way the interior is set out just makes it that much more special. It was just so way ahead of its time its frightening!! but then again so was the Porsche 959 but that was more technology based.the Ghibli maybe the better car, but can u imagine pulling up somewhere in a Ferrari Daytona, my choice would still be the Testarossa tho