Blade Runner

sredd

Okay, starting up a new Blade Runner (BR) Thread on this site. It's one of my favorite films and I nevertire of discussing it (plus, it has a few Vice connections). Here are some BR sites: http://www.brmovie.com/ http://www.bladezone.com/ http://scribble.com/uwi/br/ http://www.blade-runner.it/ http://www.spinner44.com/ http://www.philipkdick.com/ "This announcement is brought to you by the Shimato Dominguez Corporation - helping America into the New World." Eingefügtes Bild

have u seen it on blu-ray it is awesome very good transfer better then most films that are made today (now goes and watch black rain on blu-ray)

Well, sort of; I have it on HD-DVD (damn early adopters!) and it looksgreat. I also have the SD release and that looks really good upconverted.

I just saw the latest Directors cut with extra scenes at the movie theatre as it was on a "one night only" thing about three months ago.TOTALLY SOLD OUT! Can you believe it? Good thing I bought my ticket early. It is still good on the big screen...............................That was probably the fifteenth time I have seen it. What a classic!I hate the one that came out on video with the stupid talking at the end where they fly off in the car into the sunset. Poor ending.The directors cut is much better. Stupid naration is gone (that is a good thing) and the ending is a cliffhanger (as it should be)

I'm a big BR nerd, I take it as one of the best movies that I've ever seen, I have the Workprint cut, Directors cut, Domestic Cut and Final Cut, each almost a movie on it's own, sort of :DIndulge me. :dance2:

yeah black rain is awesome one of my favesthe vice connections you mentionededward james olmosbrion jamesjames hong anything im missing

yeah black rain is awesome one of my favesthe vice connections you mentionededward james olmosbrion jamesjames hong anything im missing

Just a few:Joe Turkel (Tyrell) and James Hong (Chew)

• Administrators

BR is clearly my favorite film of all time. I've lost track of how many times I've seen it. I did get the opportunity last October to see one of the limited screenings of the "Final Cut" in New York City. Something I will always remember! I also bought the Ultimate "Briefcase" edition when it came out. I've watched all the "behind the makings of" and actors comments special features. Stuff I usually don't even bother with but I must say it had me glued to the screen! A good 4 hours of stuff! I have not watched the Final Cut yet, waiting for a hi-def flatscreen for that one!"Black Rain" is also in my top 5 movies of all time. The common denominator of course is the master, Ridley Scott.

I need some help from you BR doctorates, as this is a movie I've tried very hard to love but I keep missing something. I've seen it about three times over the past decade and a half. I can't tell you which versions (I think that's part of the problem for me -- too many damn versions!). I have a hard time following the plot. I get the basic idea, but can't seem to track it as it unfolds. I'm hoping some of you can recommend a good starter version, and point out some things to look for as I'm watching it.There's no doubt it's a spectacular-looking film. Or is that the only point and I'm overthinking it?

Viceman, look for the original US release that had Harrison Ford's voiceover narration; I'm not sure if it's available for rental, but it was included in the collectors sets that came out in late 2007.

Viceman' date=' look for the original US release that had Harrison Ford's voiceover narration; I'm not sure if it's available for rental, but it was included in the collectors sets that came out in late 2007.[/quote']Thanks buddy. I'm surprised you picked this one, as I thought it was reviled by hardcore fans. Maybe the narration will help a greenhorn like me.

• Administrators

The narration helps fill you in a little quicker. It gives you background on Deckard & Gaff before they get to the police station. The rest fills in as you go along. The main question for years has always been is Deckard a replicant? That has pretty much been left open to the individual's interpretation of the movie. The "happy ending" added to the U.S. release swayed you one way but after watching the "final cut" you will most likely be swayed in the other direction. I won't say which. That's up to you.

• Administrators

Well it has been so long since I've last saw this, I'm gonna have to go out and buy the DVD now and watch it.

I have ordered the four-disc set, used, off Amazon for 14 bucks. Soon my indoctrination will begin.Looking forward to seeing the documentary, too.

My favourite Roy Batty quote is "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it? That's what it is to be a slave". I like Rutger's delivery of it and how Scott framed him when he said it. And his 'Time to die' speech is classic too.Batty may be one of the coolest movie characters ever but he also had one of the worst movie names ever. Roy Batty is a crap name. It sounds like the name of a Coronation Street character

I have ordered the four-disc set' date=' used, off Amazon for 14 bucks. Soon my indoctrination will begin.Looking forward to seeing the documentary, too.[/quote'][Emperor voice on] Soon young Viceman will be one of us.