Blade Runner

sredd

I hope EJO will be reprising his role in that film, I always thought his character was mysterious and badass despite the silly bow ties.only he could pull it off!

• 3 months later...

Good news for Rutger Hauer fanshttp://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/rutger-hauer-goes-back-future-sundance-215245370.htmlRutger Hauer starring in Il Futuro (see link).Liked him in Blade Runner, loved him in Split Second. ("I need some coffee, where the **** is my coffee?!") Also saw him in Hobo with a Shotgun in 2011 which was modestly entertaining, but not that memorable, maybe around a 7 or a little less. But who cares, right? It's Rutger Hauer! Need to see him in Blind Fury, and not sure where he was in Batman Begins (?). Anyway, hoping to see a lot more out of good ol' Rutger Hauer and this new movie is good news.

• Like 1

• Administrators

"Split Second" was also a great Rutger movie! But very very hard to find and very expensive if you do!

• 1 year later...

"Split Second" was also a great Rutger movie! But very very hard to find and very expensive if you do!

"We need to get bigger guns. BIG FUCKING GUNS!"

Very underrated film, with lots of great comedy and the beautiful Kim Catrall plus a giant mutated man eating rat. This film has everything.

I decided to replace my old worn out VHS and found an (even though it were sold as "used" it was in perfect shape) scandinavian copy a couple of weeks ago for only $3.

Strange how the prices differ from Amazon.Com and Amazon.Uk.

Some versions of Split Second goes for as much as $339.99 and that is pretty insane.

Its a cool movie but no movie is worth that much.

On the other hand you can find it for a much more reasonable price such as Â£8.63 for a brand new copy at Amazon.co.uk.

I always felt sorry for William Sanderson's character Sebastian, especially the way Roy and his mate manipulates him into thinking they are his friends, but at the same time it does lead up to one of my favorite Blade Runner scenes.

"I want more life fucker!"

I was a bit disappointed when the 25th Anniversary version of the soundtrack came out in 2007 as it promised it would be the "complete" version, but again it was sadly just empty promises.

The most complete version still are the Esper Edtion wich I hoped would be incluced in 2007, but was not.

Probably one of the most perfect movie soundtracks I have ever heard.

Edited by ArtieRollins

• 7 months later...

Just seen that there are a brand "new" Blade Runner soundtrack out in mid February, but its not the original one by Vangelis, instead it is a rework done by Edgar Rothermich who also have released another rework in 2012 called the 30th Anniversary edition which is more or less the legendary Esper Edition but by Rothermich not Vangelis.

Listening to the 30th Anniversary version of the beautiful, Deckard meets Rachel I do hope the rest of the material are as loyal to the originals as it can be.

• 3 years later...

I have the 5disc blu ray from awhile back.  Call me crazy, but I actually like the narrated/happy ending version, though I understand why others don't.  Without the voicover there are long,  boring stretches of nothing happening that is sleep-inducing.  Plus the narration gives it that old detective noir feel which is what Scott was going for.  For me the happy ending provides a nice contrast away from the congested city parts and shows that there is more of a world out there.  I've found that for the casual viewer the theatrical version goes down much easier.  I've watched the Director's cut with the uninitiated and usually they get bored or just don't get it.

2 hours ago, Bren10 said:

I have the 5disc blu ray from awhile back.  Call me crazy, but I actually like the narrated/happy ending version, though I understand why others don't.  Without the voicover there are long,  boring stretches of nothing happening that is sleep-inducing.  Plus the narration gives it that old detective noir feel which is what Scott was going for.  For me the happy ending provides a nice contrast away from the congested city parts and shows that there is more of a world out there.  I've found that for the casual viewer the theatrical version goes down much easier.  I've watched the Director's cut with the uninitiated and usually they get bored or just don't get it.

You're not the only one. The narration helps hold the story together, IMO and the ending gives more of an "ending" then the other cuts I've seen. Blade Runner is one of my favorite all-time movies and Bladerunner 2049 is up there, too.

• Like 1

• Administrators

After you've watched it 50 or so times like I have it becomes much nicer without the narration. I just like to listen to the score by Vangelis.

I have the DVD (i think its aniversary edition)...man....if im with insomnia...ill go to watch Blade Runner. I dont pass that .I.Q test in the beginning.  So i never knew how it ends. EJO goes to miami in the end?
Another sleeping movie its that 2001...space odissey...damn... I dont know how can you call it ^cult^ movies...lol

Edited by Mr. Calderon

5 hours ago, Bren10 said:

Frank Darabont explains it in a nutshell why the voice-over didn't work. 

15 hours ago, Ferrariman said:

After you've watched it 50 or so times like I have it becomes much nicer without the narration. I just like to listen to the score by Vangelis.

By eliminating the unnecessary noir-styled voice-over by Harrison Ford (the studio wrongly feared it couldn't be understood without this explanation) and the unconvincing happy ending in which blade runner Ford and replicate Sean Young ride into the sunset to live a fairy-tale romance forever. By these moves the film retains the spirit of the novel, the forced happy ending just didn't fit this dystopian film.

I think its better to wonder than to know.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, RedDragon86 said:

I think its better to wonder than to know.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

That's fine for true fans like us but the casual moviegoer (who has no idea about the novel or its qualities) wants a fulfilling experience and the happy ending tries to supply that.  Even so this film essentially failed at the box office in '82 barely matching its budget.  If the Diector's cut had been in theaters first it would have failed even worse.  I think there's pros and cons to each version.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:35 PM, Bren10 said:

That's fine for true fans like us but the casual moviegoer (who has no idea about the novel or its qualities) wants a fulfilling experience and the happy ending tries to supply that.  Even so this film essentially failed at the box office in '82 barely matching its budget.  If the Diector's cut had been in theaters first it would have failed even worse.  I think there's pros and cons to each version.

Good points Bren10:rauchen::funky:

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2009 at 10:35 PM, sredd said:

Okay, starting up a new Blade Runner (BR) Thread on this site. It's one of my favorite films and I nevertire of discussing it (plus, it has a few Vice connections). Here are some BR sites: http://www.brmovie.com/ http://www.bladezone.com/ http://scribble.com/uwi/br/ http://www.blade-runner.it/ http://www.spinner44.com/ http://www.philipkdick.com/ "This announcement is brought to you by the Shimato Dominguez Corporation - helping America into the New World." Eingefügtes Bild

Looks like the Miami Vice episode from Season 5 “Asian Cut”.

• Like 1