"Mr. Ricco" co-starring PMT

Viceman Cometh

Man this forum has been lame lately, but here goes. I'll post this assuming it falls off the front page within a day to make room for birthday wishes and updates to Coop's section.I'm a big user of the "Warner Archive" manufacture-on-demand DVD service. They have an amazing array of off-the-beaten path movies and shows that date all the way back to the 1930s -- although the bulk of my purchases are from the 70s and 80s. I recently got the 1975 movie "Mr. Ricco," featuring Dean Martin's final leading role. He plays a defense attorney who gets a killer off on a technicality, and that same killer becomes the prime suspect in a cop killing. Suddenly, Mr. Ricco is not very popular and someone is trying to kill him.PMT has a substantial supporting role as a member of the prime suspect's gang. He sports a 'stache in this flick and, even though the film is 10 years older than Vice, PMT looks pretty much the same. This guy really IS Dorian Gray!SO, here's a link to the flick. And you also might want to shop around the rest of the Warner site. I tell ya, it's a real trove of lost classics and old TV movies.http://shop.warnerarchive.com/product/mr+ricco+1000346558.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=SearchOK. back to the birthday wishes ...

Interesting stuff man.Thanks for sharing. Another notable pre Vice Phil flick from the '70s was Coonskin, a Ralph Bakshi movie that was part animation part live action. He did a real good job in it. I believe it's on youtube.

Hey, they've got Zone Troopers! That's a longtime favorite of mine. It's about a group of WW2 soldiers lost behind enemy lines that run into a stranded alien...which the Nazis are also interested in. It sounds terrible, but it's actually a waaaay better movie than it has any right to be. I have the ancient VHS by Lightning Video I bought used way back in like 1999, but a pristine DVD could (and should) be really awesome, especially since it appears the DVD is widescreen.As for PMT, his only pre-MV movie I'm familiar with (besides the title, I mean) is Death Drug. I'm not seeing that at this site, but it'd be great if a version without all the extra edits imposed upon the old VHS (PMT's music video, new scenes, intros, etc.) were released.While on the subject, I know it's a Paramount film, but I'd love to find a copy of Gunn, which is a 1967 film version of Peter Gunn, starring the original Peter Gunn himself, Craig Stevens! As far as I know, it's NEVER been officially released. A DVD-On-Demand release would be perfect for this film.Thanks for the link Viceman!

I'm glad you're getting a kick out of it, Lar. I think it's one of the best-kept secrets on the internet. I imagine someday soon we'll go to 100% streaming and physical copies will be no more. But until then, this a great place to shop. I'm fairly addicted. It's embarassing the number of titles I've ordered over the years. It has to be around 50. I have a weird soft spot for TV movies from the 70s and 80s, so I have a lot of those. I got the 80s "War of the Worlds"-style nuke film "Special Bulletin" and another 80s cold war thriller I'd never heard of -- a miniseries called "World War III" starring David Soul and ... Rock Hudson?Recently, I got the 70s TV P.I. series "Harry-O," starring David Janssen. Once you order from them, they're always sending out e-mails about great sales.

I bought the first season of the Harry O television series too. It's a really good show. I'm waiting for season two to be available. I'll have to poke around some more.

I bought the first season of the Harry O television series too. It's a really good show. I'm waiting for season two to be available. I'll have to poke around some more.

I do know Warner hasn't officially released season 2 yet,but I feel pretty good about its chances. If something isn't selling, the Archive is pretty quick to yank it from the website, and Harry O season 1 has been losted for quite a while. (By comparison, the TV series version of "Logan's Run" was released by the Archive about the same time as Harry O, and it's already been deleted.) That tells me Harry O selling well enough to justify its existence, so hopefull they'll be more likely to release season 2.Sadly, "Benson," which the Archive picked up at Season 2, has been deleted so I assume there will be no further releases of that classic 80s sitcom.

I do know Warner hasn't officially released season 2 yet' date='but I feel pretty good about its chances. If something isn't selling, the Archive is pretty quick to yank it from the website, and Harry O season 1 has been losted for quite a while. (By comparison, the TV series version of "Logan's Run" was released by the Archive about the same time as Harry O, and it's already been deleted.) That tells me Harry O selling well enough to justify its existence, so hopefull they'll be more likely to release season 2.Sadly, "Benson," which the Archive picked up at Season 2, has been deleted so I assume there will be no further releases of that classic 80s sitcom.[/quote']Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed!

• 2 weeks later...