a past member from the old mv board

freaky_72

There was a guy I remember from the other MV board who was actually part of the shows production team who used to post lots of cool stories about filming and behind the scenes stuff while filming MV. Who was he and what ever happened to him?And what ever happened to the old website and forum? I have forgotten. Thanx y'all.

lets just say it was all very sort of.... defensive from what I could tell and the guy had a hair trigger, its kind of best not to bring it up really given how well and peaceful it is here vs how I heard it was on the old website.

• Administrators

There was a guy I remember from the other MV board who was actually part of the shows production team who used to post lots of cool stories about filming and behind the scenes stuff while filming MV. Who was he and what ever happened to him?And what ever happened to the old website and forum? I have forgotten. Thanx y'all.

Both the person and the old website have gone the way of the dinosaur. ...and that's the way we like it!

well bummer. I guess I missed something.Guess its too much to ask for someone to PM me with the info? I was just wondering, but if its a sore subject, forget I asked.

You'll have to get your divining rod out and look for them, but there are some threads buried to help you in your quest. We survived a Miami pilgrimage, hoax, a clown, a few sociopaths (fake cop and a blowhard), a coup, a mass migration, some sad life events, and a few other perturbations. Am I missing anything? My name is Cagey. I am one of the original boat people. This is my story. [ATTACH=CONFIG]7521[/ATTACH]

post-30-138929652646_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, his name was Rick Bravo. I got to know him pretty well since he mans one of the cameras on game-day for the Dolphins. He works for Miami-Dade PD as a videographer for them. I haven't really talked with him much but one or two times over the past couple of years, but I think he left the forum because he was saying that there were some people that were taking the lifestyle too seriously. He took some awesome pictures of the Miami Marine Stadium a while back, which I shared (with permission) with the "Friends of Miami Marine Stadium" organization.

• Administrators
Yeah' date=' his name was Rick Bravo. I think he left the forum because he was saying that there were some people that were taking the lifestyle too seriously. [/quote']Yeah the fact that some people loved the show and Don Johnson was just too much for him to handle. God only knows why but whenever someone idolized DJ he lost it and started attacking members, telling them to get a life. It's a shame because he brought some really cool stuff to the site....and for the record, he didn't leave, he was eventually banned because of his behavior.

Yeah the fact that some people loved the show and Don Johnson was just too much for him to handle. God only knows why but whenever someone idolized DJ he lost it and started attacking members' date=' telling them to get a life. It's a shame because he brought some really cool stuff to the site....and for the record, he didn't leave, he was eventually banned because of his behavior.[/quote']yeash..... so basically once every week he would explode at someone then?

yeash..... so basically once every week he would explode at someone then?

Yes! We can now share our memories and thoughts on our favourite show without being berated. It must grate on him (and his little buddies) that this new site has grown into the brilliant place it has ... and that we still like DJ as much as ever ;)

Maybe that was the dude's name. It didnt really ring a bell with me. I had vacated the site for a few years and then found this one when I took a job that allows me to watch MV whenever I want..ON the clock!!!Sorry for the stir up of bad vibes due to this dude's personality on here. I just wondered whatever happened.Thanx for letting me know. I shall move on with more surfing of the MV boards.Thanx guys!!Love it here! :D

I just wondered whatever happened.

Not really a thing to worry about. In a nutshell we could explain this way:Someone very popular became an alpha hotel and the alpha hotel became an hemorroid.

Yeah the fact that some people loved the show and Don Johnson was just too much for him to handle. God only knows why but whenever someone idolized DJ he lost it and started attacking members' date=' telling them to get a life. It's a shame because he brought some really cool stuff to the site....and for the record, he didn't leave, he was eventually banned because of his behavior.[/quote']I didn't think this subject would come up again, but I would just like to add, that as Ferrariman stated....RB was a great source of information for a few years and we all had a lot of fun in our posts. Then something snapped and he became the opposite like Darth Vader and we dreaded to read his biting comments to our enjoyment of DJ and Miami Vice.Now the happy memories are just that......a memory! :cry:

Maybe that was the dude's name. It didnt really ring a bell with me. I had vacated the site for a few years and then found this one when I took a job that allows me to watch MV whenever I want..ON the clock!!!Sorry for the stir up of bad vibes due to this dude's personality on here. I just wondered whatever happened.Thanx for letting me know. I shall move on with more surfing of the MV boards.Thanx guys!!Love it here! :D

nah dont worry about it, you know you needed to get caught up and find out what happened in the meantime so I dont think anyone minded.we just like how.... what's a good way to put it.... everything goes over as smooth as glass here when it comes to the MV fandom and dont want someone to take a hammer to it.

I think we have a thread on here called ".org memories", all the drama of that site has been condensed into one thread (if you really want to know the details). Personally, it's in the past, lets leave it there...

ok, cool, thanx guys!All is cool. It IS a shame things had to go down the drain. I had seen it before, but I just bought Scarface on DVD...ONLY because it had a touch of South Beach in it. But not all of it was filmed there because the City knew the movie's content and didnt want Miami portayed in such a light. What "looked" like Miami was actually LA. Other than the chain saw seen in the hotel room.But hell...yall knew that already. hehe!

• 4 years later...

Hi all 

I'm a member of an online Vice Group and up until now it's been fine - it's very small sharing memories , nothing like here.

But I noticed in last few weeks I saw Rick Bravo join and he's starting posting - already Ive noticed some negativity towards DJ and the last three seasons of the show - can anyone just remind me without going into detail about him ?

I remember he was kicked off .org and then here - he even tried to join here again on a fake profile if I recall ?:hippie:

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/28/2017 at 1:05 AM, Matt5 said:

Hi all 

I'm a member of an online Vice Group and up until now it's been fine - it's very small sharing memories , nothing like here.

But I noticed in last few weeks I saw Rick Bravo join and he's starting posting - already Ive noticed some negativity towards DJ and the last three seasons of the show - can anyone just remind me without going into detail about him ?

I remember he was kicked off .org and then here - he even tried to join here again on a fake profile if I recall ?:hippie:

some details in this long thread:  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7990-org-memories

RB's screen name was ACamPuller.  He showed up around when the movie project started and he was very active and helpful during the runup to the release.  Once the movie was released, his interest in Vice waned.  Eventually all he did was talk about eating barbecue with his friends and argue with DJ fans.  The rumor was that RB and his father were fired after S2, perhaps because DJ's salary demands led to budget cuts.  Even when RB was most active he never took any interest at all in our location hunting, even though he had hosted his own website featuring a few of the locations. That was strange.  While he was very accommodating to forum members visiting Miami during the movie run-up, later on CGlide came across him in Miami and RB was very rude.  If I recall correctly, RB hung out with DanJ once and then never spoke to him again, even as he was posting about meetups with other forum buddies. At the time I felt that he was only at the website to promote the movie, either in an official or an unofficial capacity.

3 hours ago, airtommy said:

some details in this long thread:  http://miamiviceonline.com/index.php?/topic/7990-org-memories

RB's screen name was ACamPuller.  He showed up around when the movie project started and he was very active and helpful during the runup to the release.  Once the movie was released, his interest in Vice waned.  Eventually all he did was talk about eating barbecue with his friends and argue with DJ fans.  The rumor was that RB and his father were fired after S2, perhaps because DJ's salary demands led to budget cuts.  Even when RB was most active he never took any interest at all in our location hunting, even though he had hosted his own website featuring a few of the locations. That was strange.  While he was very accommodating to forum members visiting Miami during the movie run-up, later on CGlide came across him in Miami and RB was very rude.  If I recall correctly, RB hung out with DanJ once and then never spoke to him again, even as he was posting about meetups with other forum buddies. At the time I felt that he was only at the website to promote the movie, either in an official or an unofficial capacity.

Thankyou airtommy - I didn't know most of that ! :hippie:

Edited by Matt5

Correct me if I'm wrong but I remember the main bone of contention was between RB (who had some bad experiences with DJ in the days when he was difficult to get along with) and those forum members who idolized DJ.  It went downhill from there.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:05 AM, Matt5 said:

Hi all 

Not understanding this...are you posting in the first person here or are you quoting someone else? Is this RB person active here today?   ( he was before my time)

Am 3.2.2013 um 02:50 schrieb Kavinsky:

lets just say it was all very sort of.... defensive from what I could tell and the guy had a hair trigger, its kind of best not to bring it up really given how well and peaceful it is here vs how I heard it was on the old website.

What's a hair trigger?