Episode #86 "Badge Of Dishonor"

Ferrariman

• 2 years later...

I love the two outfits Crocket had on at the end. The one at the bust of the gang and the one by the soup bus of Montana.On my DVD the first scene when C&T are going to look at the new soup bus the words on the buiding are in mirror image. Anyone else noticed that?Line of this ep:LT castillo: I am not suggestion anything just stating a fact ( scene at OCB with Arturo dominquez)I found this ep a bit boring and preticable.So this time not much to say about this ep.A 5 from me

This episode just bored me to tears, it was predictable as Maria said, the writing had more ham in it than a Thanksgiving Day Painting by Norman Rockwell, the female cop who sells secrets seems to be almost stereotype, were the writers really afraid of writing a cop-on-the-take character without making it into where the charater is actually on a noble mission? Most crooked cops in real life I know of do this sort of thing out of pure greed.I give this turkey a 3.

Guest neworder

First things first, this episode starts with one of my favourite teasers for any episode throughout the whole series. The intro is very well done, and Glory! Glory! by Underworld is a brilliant track, fits very well with the scene. Sticking on the topic of music, the scene with Eyes of a Stranger by The Payola$ is another series highlight, i love this song and its one of my favourites in the whole series. Still sticking on the topic of music ... the john peterson/hammer score in this episode is very good aswell. So on the whole i could say that i like the music in this episode and the scenes that goes with it. But is it much of a story? reminds me a bit of Knock Knock Who's There story wise, so its been done before. I dont like Montana, she's poorly acted especially in that scene where's see screaming about what she wants. Continuing the trend of recent Vice episodes, crockett & tubbs' clothes are pretty boring once again although its nice to see crockett in a white suit for the last 10 seconds of the episode. The end sequence was quite good and Tubbs did put on a good performance, but its too slow getting from the eyes of a stranger scene to the end scene, nothing happens pretty much imbetween. So Badge of Dishonor is an episode that starts well, has fantastic music, tubbs for a change but the story's been done, Montana's annoying and its a bit slow. It gets 7/10 from me, purely because of the fantastic music!

This ep. was poorly constructed..Montana's plight for the common good was hardly buyable...The music was very good..Too bad the ep. didn't have as much depth as the music did....

Everyone likes Payola$ - "Eyes of a Stranger." Just to get that out of the way. I tried hard to evaluate this like I'd never seen it before. I mean, the writing's decent, the acting's decent (including the rogue cop), I liked the whole Purgatory setting where the homeless took shelter, but something was missing from this show. Yeah, the script was fine, I just don't get what made this one stale for me. I almost feel bad. I really can't justify that I didn't care for it more, it's puzzling! I will try and remove some distractions from the room and watch it again. Especially because Timm ranked it so high! It deserves a second look! Timm, clue me in on what vibes you liked so I can try again.

• Administrators
Everyone likes Payola$ - "Eyes of a Stranger." Just to get that out of the way. I tried hard to evaluate this like I'd never seen it before. I mean' date=' the writing's decent, the acting's decent (including the rogue cop), I liked the whole Purgatory setting where the homeless took shelter, but something was missing from this show. Yeah, the script was fine, I just don't get what made this one stale for me. I almost feel bad. I really can't justify that I didn't care for it more, it's puzzling! I will try and remove some distractions from the room and watch it again. Especially because Timm ranked it so high! It deserves a second look! Timm, clue me in on what vibes you liked so I can try again.[/quote']I don't know, probably just the song! :)Seriously, I don't know, this ep. just worked for me.
  • Like 1

Topic: Episode #86 "Badge Of Dishonor" Posted: January 14 2008 at 11:04amAfter watching this since a few years ago, I raised my initial score. This is definitely PMT's episode, and he does a fabulous acting job! DJ is in the background but that's OK, it's refreshing to see Rico with very good material to work with. First of all it opens with one of my favorite MV songs, "Glory, Glory" which I will eventually add to my performances. Just a side note: 8 to 10 seconds into the episode one of the homeless guys looks like Kenny Rodgers. 31 min & 30 seconds later a guy looks like Willie Nelson. My wife agreed. Some cool lines: Castillo: " My house is clean, Arturo." Gina: "he's a river dealer"; Switek : "Well, they're pulling him out of it right now!" Tubbs to Montana :" I got a feeling there's bad water runnin' down the river." Montana put her cut of the ripped off money to a worthy cause, but as Rico told her.. "the end doesn't justify the means." She also should have "used her head along with her heart." Especially when the dirty cops started executing dealers and cops. Sonny had a poignant line as they showed the trailer with Montana's Soup Kitchen on it..."at least she left something good behind." I like this episode, it has what vice cops do, has human interest so I rate it 8.5/10 I rate it 8 for this poll.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed this episode enough to grant it a 3. It really depicted how an undercover officer had her heart in the right place to provide for the needy, but only to be doing it by tipping off a group of rogue policemen dealing drugs.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Great opening, decent epsiode with some good moments. One of the better episodes in season 4, but nothing special compared to the first 3 seasons. Yet again the writer's are trying too hard to deal with 'issues'. 6.5/10

• 5 months later...

Personally to me nothing stood out about this one-ill give it a 6 but i doubt i will ever watch it again.I liked the hit on the yacht-just seeing the muzzle flashes through the window though!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

This episode is an okay one...not overly special or memorable but still has some decent action and moments. The intro was awesome and I liked some of the guest-stars--Jsu Garcia (as Nick Corri) was cool as the main "bad guy". He'll always be Rod Lane, who got sliced by Freddy Krueger in the original "Nightmare On Elm Street", to me. :)The music is also superb! Glory, Glory by Underworld, and Eyes of a Stranger by Payolas were awesome and fit the scenes perfectly! The Hammer score, as always, is cool. :radio:However, some of the acting and the storyline were a little weak. Overall I like this one okay...I gave it a 7.

• 2 years later...

It was an okay episode.  A lot of the motivations and the plot paralleled too closely to the episode, "Knock Knock... Who's There?"

It's not that memorable for me.

• 1 year later...

If it wasn't for the actress who played Montana this would've been a top episode. The scene where she's yelling is a low point.

However, this episode has a lot going for it. Cool teaser, great music, nice scenery, and villains. It's basically a much improved version of Knock, Knock, Who's There?.

But Montana really brings it down.

Watch for the Barbra Streisand cameo lol.

8/10

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Sure are busy with your reviews Remington ?!:hippie::)

I haven't had much going on the past couple of weeks lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Remington said:

Your reviews are quite good - you've done so many Ive noticed :hippie:

Are you reviewing the DVD set or new blu rays ?

17 minutes ago, Remington said:

Well either way, just wanted to say, that I've enjoyed reading your reviews. Always great to hear what people think of the episodes. :thumbsup: