D.J. gets $19 mil for Nash Bridges

Tony D.

I saw this on yahoo............ ... ..Don Johnson Gets $19M in 'Nash Bridges' LawsuitBy Tim Molloy | The Wrap – 6 hours ago....Email0Share14Print......Don Johnson has ended his lawsuit against the company that co-produced his series "Nash Bridges" after it paid him $19 million.In 2010, Rysher Productions was ordered to pay Johnson $23 million in profits for the show and interest. Rysher was also ordered to pay an additional $28.5 million in interest.But Rysher appealed, alleging jury misconduct and that the amount of interest to which Johnson was entitled was calculated incorrectly. Jurors had initially decided to award Johnson $15 million before deciding, through their calculations, that he was entitled to far more.Last year, the California Court of Appeal agreed with Rysher, saying Johnson should receive just $15 million, plus interest as of July 2010, when the verdict was handed down. The larger dollar amount factored in interest that would have started accruing years before the verdict.In January, Rysher paid Johnson $19 million, and he signed a document bringing the dispute to a close. The court records disclosing the payment were first discovered by The Hollywood Reporter."Nash Bridges" aired on CBS from 1996 to 2001.Pamela Chelin contributed to this story.

Not to mention the 150' date='000 he was paid per episode on Nash. 150,000.00 x 122 episodes = 18,300,000.00[/quote']Good point. I never knew what his confirmed salary was per ep. But I'm betting his attorneys got a big chunk of his final settlement. I used to work with someone who knew one of the attorneys representing him during his initial rounds (and the large award before it was reduced) but was not able to learn much.

I haven't mentioned lately how much I loathe the "big grin" alligator/Elvis. I always feel like it's mocking me.

It just looks like it's laughing hysterically! :done:

Way to go Don,you deserve the settlement and you pour your heart in all the work you do and us fans appreciate it so much Congratulations in winning the battle

• 2 months later...