Mirror Image

Matt5

Great episode for locations - with a lot of these found I believe previously when we all over on .org but not listed here at .wsLike the alley way where Tubbs is shot by "Burnett" where is that located on Ocean Court ?and the dream sequence on Miami Beach ?Manolo's house was previously found and we know the Spear "Pink " House and Clevelander Hotel were also used .:D

Crandon Park Marina - in Key Biscayne was used for the teaser in a small cafe / restaurant but where exactly was this location exactly ? :D:thumbsup:

1438 Collins Court is the address listed for where Tubbs was shot where exactly is that - seems to be at side of Henrosa ?:D

Matt, I think 1438 Collins Court is located behind the Nassau Suites which are on Collins. The Henrosa is found further up Collins backing onto Ocean court. Last October I stayed on Collins, just a few buildings north of the Nassau Suites. I got quite a few pictures of the surrounding area so I'll rewatch Mirror Image & see if anything I have matches. I hope you have a great time out in Miami

Matt' date=' I think 1438 Collins Court is located behind the Nassau Suites which are on Collins. The Henrosa is found further up Collins backing onto Ocean court. Last October I stayed on Collins, just a few buildings north of the Nassau Suites. I got quite a few pictures of the surrounding area so I'll rewatch Mirror Image & see if anything I have matches. I hope you have a great time out in Miami[/quote']Thats why Im not convinced of 1438 Collins Crt placing it off Ocean Crt - Caroline any gems of locations in Miami Beach to visit that I would have never seen before apart from obvious such as old Ramrod location / street . :thumbsup::D

Thats why Im not convinced of 1438 Collins Crt placing it off Ocean Crt - Caroline any gems of locations in Miami Beach to visit that I would have never seen before apart from obvious such as old Ramrod location / street . :thumbsup::D

For me, just walking around South Beach I feel like I'm in an ep of Vice lol. As mentioned before, thanks to jetlag I'm usually awake early which is the best time to see SoBe, before all the restaurants start putting out the tables & sun umbrellas which mask the front of the lovely deco buildings along Ocean Drive. There's not much left of the area below 5th St but you get great views from South Pointe park of the cruise liners and the city of Miami. On my last visit, I walked around the area of South Beach that's west of Washington, close to Gina's house & Flamingo Park which haven't really changed since Vice days. Nice area & you may find hidden gems there? I love Espanola Way before it becomes crowded with diners too. At Vizcaya, I enjoyed going to the far end of the gardens and finding the location used in the voodoo scenes of Whatever works (I'll have to post my shots later). Doubt they were used in Vice, but for incredible art deco the interiors of the post office and the old city hall are worth seeing.

For me' date=' just walking around South Beach I feel like I'm in an ep of Vice lol. As mentioned before, thanks to jetlag I'm usually awake early which is the best time to see SoBe, before all the restaurants start putting out the tables & sun umbrellas which mask the front of the lovely deco buildings along Ocean Drive. There's not much left of the area below 5th St but you get great views from South Pointe park of the cruise liners and the city of Miami. On my last visit, I walked around the area of South Beach that's west of Washington, close to Gina's house & Flamingo Park which haven't really changed since Vice days. Nice area & you may find hidden gems there? I love Espanola Way before it becomes crowded with diners too. At Vizcaya, I enjoyed going to the far end of the gardens and finding the location used in the voodoo scenes of Whatever works (I'll have to post my shots later). Doubt they were used in Vice, but for incredible art deco the interiors of the post office and the old city hall are worth seeing.[/quote']Yes that area opposite South Pointe Park at South Beach and Miami Beach Marina at Alton Rd was used extensively in the 2006 Michael Mann MV movie. I am looking forward to see the old site of the Ramrod as well as numerous other new locations used. Its funny how seeing the most vague location is sometimes most satisfying - I remember when I visited the side of The Carlyle where Stone sat on the outside terrace just off the entrance - great location :thumbsup::D

Yes that area opposite South Pointe Park at South Beach and Miami Beach Marina at Alton Rd was used extensively in the 2006 Michael Mann MV movie. I am looking forward to see the old site of the Ramrod as well as numerous other new locations used. Its funny how seeing the most vague location is sometimes most satisfying - I remember when I visited the side of The Carlyle where Stone sat on the outside terrace just off the entrance - great location :thumbsup::D

Yes, that's so true. When I was over on a previous visit, my friend & I went for a drink at the Carlyle & I sat about 2 feet from where Crockett had been waiting in the pilot. Although I had taken photos of that site two years beforehand, when the hotel was waiting to be refurbished, it still gave me a buzz. It was cool to go inside too to see the revamped deco and see the interior they had copied on a soundstage for Birdcage.The interiors of the Victor and the Clay are worth seeing, Matt

Yes' date=' that's so true. When I was over on a previous visit, my friend & I went for a drink at the Carlyle & I sat about 2 feet from where Crockett had been waiting in the pilot. Although I had taken photos of that site two years beforehand, when the hotel was waiting to be refurbished, it still gave me a buzz. It was cool to go inside too to see the revamped deco and see the interior they had copied on a soundstage for Birdcage.The interiors of the Victor and the Clay are worth seeing, Matt[/quote']Def Caroline I am very familiar with The Victor and the Clay - a lot of MV history there .The Victor was used extensively interior wise :D

Guest myonlyvice

The alleyway where Tubbs was shot never looked right to me. According to the episode, wasn't it supposed to be behind the art museum? The art museum was the pink house which in reality has a waterfront view, right? Even if the art museum was never portrayed in the episode as being on the water, the alley that was supposed to be behind it was extremely inner-city looking and didn't fit with the style of the pink house. I mean would you really expect to walk around behind that building and expect it to look like that? The alley was obviously shot someplace else. The only thing I think you're gonna find behind the pink house is water.

:D:D
The alleyway where Tubbs was shot never looked right to me. According to the episode' date=' wasn't it supposed to be behind the art museum? The art museum was the pink house which in reality has a waterfront view, right? Even if the art museum was never portrayed in the episode as being on the water, the alley that was supposed to be behind it was extremely inner-city looking and didn't fit with the style of the pink house. I mean would you really expect to walk around behind that building and expect it to look like that? The alley was obviously shot someplace else. The only thing I think you're gonna find behind the pink house is water.[/quote']yes the alley scene was shot in Miami Beach on Collins or Ocean Court definately not behind the Spear House:thumbsup::D

• 10 months later...

Just started working on this episode. Had not done much with this episode before other than finding the teaser location. I thought the "hospital" where Burnett recovers would be hard to find but I was wrong. Mind was working the right way at the right time, easy find.

Most locations of this ep are easy peasey. We already knew the marina, the Manolo villa, the gallery and the Clevelander. The hospital was the only mystery I can remember.

Most locations of this ep are easy peasey. We already knew the marina' date=' the Manolo villa, the gallery and the Clevelander. The hospital was the only mystery I can remember.[/quote']True the exact location of the Burnett/ Tubbs alley shooting would be great with how that area looks today there are conflicting reports of Collins Court 1400 block - Ocean Court 1400 block or the side alley of the Henrosa running parallel between Collins and Ocean . Its difficult to match the buildings. I know the Manola house was found but Tom what is the exact address again .:balloon::funky:

Great work on the Burnett/ Tubbs alley shooting - listed as 14th/Collins Court in the glossary section but clearly behind the Breakwater on Ocean Court - almost exactly the same spot as the promo shot of Don was taken in the alley for "Heartbeat " I mentioned last week but looking North towards The Edison Hotel .:balloon::dance2:

• 3 weeks later...

Just started working on this episode. Had not done much with this episode before other than finding the teaser location. I thought the "hospital" where Burnett recovers would be hard to find but I was wrong. Mind was working the right way at the right time, easy find.

Loved your work on this ep, C Glide! Great location sleuthing, as usual. :cool:

Think that Manolo house is one location I would love to be invited into.

Btw, how were you able to zero in on the exact shooting spot in the alley where Tubbs gets shot by Burnett?

• 2 weeks later...

The Edwards Hotel at 953 Collins Avenue , Miami Beach ( where 'Burnett' / Sonny recuperated in "Mirror Image" in the opening credits ) are now the residential Edwards Apartments - I visited Today and saw the exact spot on the second floor where they shot that scene which was a corridor area. :D  :fireworks:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

I bet you are the first person in there in over 20 years that went there knowing  and appreciating it's important role in Miami Vice history.

I must thankyou as without your info  we would never have known MV shot at this 1930s location . It is quite a private residence and the Manager informed me it is now The Edwards Apartments and they do a minimum of a 7 month rental at around $1200 a month - seemed a little outdated and quite a few elderly. But MV shot on the second floor in the corridor area for 'Burnetts " recovery during the opening credits. The ceiling, fans and floor unchanged. 

I am in the Florida, Miami and Bahamas area for all of February so will update pics when I return .

:D  :fireworks:

• Like 1