'Recently Discovered 2 filming Testarossa'

lear60man

Greetings! Im a member on fchat and I drive a white 1990 TR. There is a new member who claims to have found a second TR that was used on the show. His provenance is a little less than what the norm would be.We all know about the TR in Ft. Lauderdale and the re-bodied Pantera but what happened to the the second TR? I have always thought it was scrapped or used for parts. His claim is that it was put in storage for years....and even has a bronze plaque on the rear bumper that says, 'Universal Studios Miami Vice'. Heck that proof enough for me! Im thinking MAYBE A PROMO CAR at best.What im hoping is that the collective knowledge here can prove, disprove or add to the discussion on the fate of the second filming car (if in fact there was a second TR).Here is the thread:http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/boxers-tr-m/399027-miami-vice-testarossa-recently-found.htmlVIN of the car in question: ZFFSA17AXG0063631Thanks,Christian

Hi Christian and welcome to the site! I know you referred to one of our discussion threads in your thread over on Ferrarichat so I won't rehash that one. I looked through your thread on FC and it was interesting to say the least. I am not a Testa owner but own a McBurnie Daytona replicar similar to the one driven in the first 3 seasons. I know there are a few members in here that have Testas so perhaps they will weigh in.I read the threads on your forum but I could not view the pictures referenced in there, so did the owner who claimed he had a Testa used in Vice ever produce a clear photo of his VIN plate that you could reference and match to historical Ferrari factory records? Also did he ever produce a Bill of Sale from Universal Studios to any subsequent owners for his car? I would think that any owner claiming to have a car used in the show should be able to produce such a Bill of Sale and perhaps title copy showing Universal on the original. I would expect that such provenance would be passed from Buyer to successive Buyers as it would help carry the value through the years. The for-sale listings referenced in your thread also look similar to the car owned by Dan Marino who recently put his up for sale. Could be the same car? It was also interesting that he was not forthcoming on his Vin number until he saw the Vin number from the Swap Mart car. Could he have just piggy-backed from that number and made it up?Incidentally, one of our members in here owns the Camera Daytona car used in Vice and his serial number was traced to a Bill of Sale from Universal Studios.

Hi Christian and welcome to the site! I know you referred to one of our discussion threads in your thread over on Ferrarichat so I won't rehash that one. I looked through your thread on FC and it was interesting to say the least. I am not a Testa owner but own a McBurnie Daytona replicar similar to the one driven in the first 3 seasons. I know there are a few members in here that have Testas so perhaps they will weigh in.I read the threads on your forum but I could not view the pictures referenced in there' date=' so did the owner who claimed he had a Testa used in Vice ever produce a clear photo of his VIN plate that you could reference and match to historical Ferrari factory records? Also did he ever produce a Bill of Sale from Universal Studios to any subsequent owners for his car? I would think that any owner claiming to have a car used in the show should be able to produce such a Bill of Sale and perhaps title copy showing Universal on the original. I would expect that such provenance would be passed from Buyer to successive Buyers as it would help carry the value through the years. The for-sale listings referenced in your thread also look similar to the car owned by Dan Marino who recently put his up for sale. Could be the same car? It was also interesting that he was not forthcoming on his Vin number until he saw the Vin number from the Swap Mart car. Could he have just piggy-backed from that number and made it up?Incidentally, one of our members in here owns the Camera Daytona car used in Vice and his serial number was traced to a Bill of Sale from Universal Studios.[/quote']It might very well be her, the paint code shows up as Vernice Nero Carbonio on the Vin, which shows up in google as black metalic, the color the car was first in

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3lFQg7xLw

there is also some sort of drill hole on the Spoiler there that could have been from the camera rig, uhh I have a different logon on on ferrari chat there and you need to log in to see the photos FYI.might need to sign up first, I'm not sure if its right to post the photos here otherwise I would have already edit: nevermind found something interesting on the spoiler that's worth showing.and there was damage on the front spoiler in miracle man, not from a drill hole but slight scrape damage:Eingefügtes Bildhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7630&stc=1&d=1361948783http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7631&stc=1&d=1361948785http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7632&stc=1&d=1361948786cant really see it but from the photo on ferrarichat there seems to be scrape marks around the square opening on the car which seem close to what we see here.also counting the lines on the grill there if that was a drill hole there it does line up with what could be it on the vice car during miracle man, figures I just watched miracle man a few days ago and noticed the scrape marks which also line up with where they were on the daytona on irish eyes as well. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7633&stc=1&d=1361949527maybe during that final chase in the alley the nose got banged up a little? did seem like a hell of an uneven road at the start of that chase with the blue GTO. and just how many TR's could there be out there that were repainted white from that cool black metallic with a cream interior, Rust colored carpets and a chocolate dash?I say it could very well be her, its too specific for it to be a different car, plus there werent that many TR's made with left wing A pillar only mirrors to begin with mixed in with the 84 to 86 only rims the vice car had.as to its owner being on the level well that's where the paperwork needs to come in, but It could very well be the missing car.although I thought the proper ferrari code color for the TR in black metalic like that was Nero Metallizzato/nero metallica as I found an example on ferrari chat just like that, just not with name for it, that vernice nero carbonio one.and abit strange that it has a drill hole right in the middle of the front spoiler thought, as I thought they just plain took it off for the camera car and it showed up on film occasionallyEingefügtes Bildtop shot is from blood and roses at the end, the front spoiler is missing, with the camera car they also took the rear bumper off and took out the rear window to let air in as seen in "the savage" chase scene and down for the count in one scene.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7629&stc=1&d=1361945235Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEh 70/30 that it could be her, seems too specific to be fake and it was an autoplace that had that photo of the TR in black metalic before its respray that I found years ago on the webmight be able to put that places name in google and find the shot of the TR upclose before her respray actually, it was sitting across from a porsche 930 flatnose like they used in the clipshow episode of S4 which was part of the reason why I thought it was a geniune photo of it before its resprayand they also used a white 73 corvette in S2 in florence italy as a background car that I think was repainted black metalic for the down for the count chase scene so it would fit that maybe they were saving the car for a future episode. also I dont think ferrari ever did a promo car either, however I think the Scarab's did have some sort of plate that said they were the boats used on vice but that might have been something only welcraft did.as Chris Craft never did it, the Vice car doesnt have that sort of bronze thing on it (the surviving daytona, they blew up a model and used it as a trade in on the stunt car TR) and I dont think the pawn shop one has that either and to my knowledge usually they dont do that on movie or TV cars period.funny though I decide to take a day off from the site and then this pops up and I just happen to see it when I check back briefly for something.Maybe the Camera car with all the parts taken off it is the one at the pawn shop and the driving car is that one and maybe the one we saw during the last scene of freefall?I mean someone did find the old scarab from freefall recently and its being restored, and now the old TR pops up? weird things like that do happen.I really dont know, it could really be her and they all think its a fake over at ferrari chat, how ironic would that be? The real ferrari TR from the show gets called a fake, no one takes it seriously and it turns out its the real mccoy.if he's still talking over there get him to post a close up of the front spoiler and other spoilers ASAP and look for other scrape damage, also check if it looks like the rear window was taken out at some point and covered with plastic.

post-592-13892965344641_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965344955_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965345419_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965345643_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965345919_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!I would be the happiest guy on the beach if it was the long lost filming TR.About the spoiler marks.....thats a weekend of fun:) Every TR has nicks/chips out of the front spoiler. Screen grabs and current pics would be worthless as it has probably been filled and painted many times over the years. BTW, flat black spray paint is a TR owners best friend.There are too many red flags with this one to 'Just take his word.' Is there some way to do title traces or previous owners? Ya know, something to at least tie it back to Universal?My PPI would be to inspect the front and rear sections for excessive removal and replacement of bumpers and spoilers. Extra mounting points etc. Finally a solid paper trail showing provenance.As a huge MV fan AND a prop collector, this car kinda hit home for me. I couldnt sleep at night without knowing either A: If it was legit, or B: its fake and needs to be exposed before someone gets scammed. Either way further investigation is needed on this case:DIs the Swap Shop TR the one that had the camera rigs on it or the car that was kept pristine? Or do we not know?Im off the case for the night.......See you guys at the precinct later.

post-10771-13892965346243_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys!I would be the happiest guy on the beach if it was the long lost filming TR.About the spoiler marks.....thats a weekend of fun:) Every TR has nicks/chips out of the front spoiler. Screen grabs and current pics would be worthless as it has probably been filled and painted many times over the years. BTW' date=' flat black spray paint is a TR owners best friend.There are too many red flags with this one to 'Just take his word.' Is there some way to do title traces or previous owners? Ya know, something to at least tie it back to Universal?My PPI would be to inspect the front and rear sections for excessive removal and replacement of bumpers and spoilers. Extra mounting points etc. Finally a solid paper trail showing provenance.As a huge MV fan AND a prop collector, this car kinda hit home for me. I couldnt sleep at night without knowing either A: If it was legit, or B: its fake and needs to be exposed before someone gets scammed. Either way further investigation is needed on this case:DIs the Swap Shop TR the one that had the camera rigs on it or the car that was kept pristine? Or do we not know?Im off the case for the night.......See you guys at the precinct later.[/quote']I hear you about concern that someone could be scammed. We've seen many pretenders and counterfeiters on Ebay and Kitcars, among other places, including one guy who tried claiming his Porsche 944 was used on Vice and driven by DJ, replete with a fake letter from Mann and forged signatures, a coat that was worn by DJ (though we have a member who actually owned the same coat this guy claimed he had) and so on.And cars are the biggest ticket item to try and mark up with some phony provenance about usage in the show. We've seen a number of Daytonas where Sellers claimed the car was or may have been used on the show, but only one Show car remains and that is in hands of our member here, CameraDaytona. So many of us are big skeptics, and I see you and others on Ferrarichat are as well....Rightfully so. The guy on your site seemed full of himself and never offered anything of substance that I could tell. Was more confrontational and not at all forthcoming. Makes me think, as some of you speculated, that he was a dealer or Seller and was trying to create his own provenance by getting "coverage" on your site that he could reference. Think this realmuscle guy should be asked for Bills of Sale, copies of Title documents for any proof. Then I would try and trace his serial number back to Ferrari's records and that of the dealer you all referenced in SoFl who serviced the cars. I'm with you that scratches and dings are not very conclusive on something like this. Paperwork is the only real validity test I think. Can you share any other photos of his car or VIN plate from your site? S-B

The seller only posted two pictures on Fchat. Kavinsky reposted the pic of the car on the trailer with the school bus in the back ground and I reposted the one with the plaque. Thats it. He said he was going to take his ball and go home.:clap:Everybody loves a story........Im sure we havent heard the last of his.Christian

Just had an odd thought, Universal Studios? didnt they have some sort of miami vice stuntshow at some amusement park by that name back in the 1980's and 1990's for a little while where they used a scarab for part of it? maybe it was used there or put in the back there for awhile for the show?after all they did have a delorean sitting around the lot for awhile and still do

it would explain the plaque, not sure if that means its the missing TR howeverplus looking up the codes here on the vin numbers seems to pop up the wrong color for the car, that paint code fer901/c shows up in google as a grey metalic half the time, not black metalic, although its half and half so I dont know what to make of it. the carpet 364900172 shows up as like a slightly darker than tan brown carpet, not the rust colored ones I noticed the car hadalthough interior leather color ferrari 364013997 3997 does show up as cream, I'm kinda thinking this is the vin for this car, not the vice car

I may end up going to ferrarichat latter to see if I can put a name and proper number to what I thought the car had in the show.

post-592-13892965346725_thumb.jpg

Kavinsky,I just sent you a PM. I dont know if it went through (newbie here) so ill repost the guts of the message.The 'drill hole' on the front spoiler is on all TR's. Its for the the tow hook to screw into the frame to pull the car onto a flatbed. I did have to run out to the garage and verify that as my memory is a little foggy.

Kavinsky' date='I just sent you a PM. I dont know if it went through (newbie here) so ill repost the guts of the message.The 'drill hole' on the front spoiler is on all TR's. Its for the the tow hook to screw into the frame to pull the car onto a flatbed. I did have to run out to the garage and verify that as my memory is a little foggy.[/quote']yeah I gotcha and I sent you the specifics of what the interior should look like if its the actual car or one close to it.and it does make sense that, that is a tow hole in retrospect I mean they took the bumper off or moved it further back for the camera rig, why would then they damage the thing with a .35 caliber drill hole right through the center of it?its worth noting thought that unlike the daytona replica the rear view mirror should not have any signs of it being taken off between scenes and the sun visors should be intact, unlike on the daytona where I think because they slouched down don or someone on the production team constantly tore them off between scenes. as there was a change between the 1968 to 1977 model Vettes from screw in at two points on the inside windshield trimEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild to this one pivot point on the side that linked to the chrome for the convertibile/targa locking mechanism for the top that caused them to slouch down and tweak the flimsy front windshield trim on the front if you tore them off.Eingefügtes Bild and the daytona replica being 1981 based and the nicer of the two cars they used. it showed up occasionally and caused sort of an uneven look from the front of the windshield that showed up in the close ups once in awhile. http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7637&stc=1&d=1362038491http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7638&stc=1&d=1362038492although the sun visors on the TR are abit different from the usual ones, they seem to be some sort of blind almost with a suction cup on the end which I can vaguely see at 9:37 to 9:38

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3lFQg7xLw

hell it was even on some of the actual daytona's too

post-592-13892965347228_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965347596_thumb.jpg

post-592-13892965347905_thumb.jpg

I was just sorting out my photos on my computer including the ones I save from that ferrari thread and I just noticed something, did he post the Vin number of the other TR he had by accident? as this is definitely a different Testarossa from the other one he had the shots of:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7639&stc=1&d=1362046962unless I'm mistaken and accidentally saved someone else's white TR photo on that threadas that one has a right side mirror and post 1987 rims on it, star shaped but with 5 normal wheel nuts on it instead of the center lock ones, not to mention I can see the air vents seem to be trimmed in some sort of carpet, like has the upper half of the dash done up in the same carpet as the floor which is not stock and not congruent with the vice cars.

post-592-13892965348236_thumb.jpg

Kavinsky,Yea, thats a picture of my car and the plane I am a pilot on. A couple of us posted pics of our cars after being accused of being haters, jealous etc. I never pass up an excuse to toss up a cool pic or two of my car.

Kavinsky' date='Yea, thats a picture of my car and the plane I am a pilot on. A couple of us posted pics of our cars after being accused of being haters, jealous etc. I never pass up an excuse to toss up a cool pic or two of my car.[/quote']LOVE the car shot and the plane ain't bad either. :)Would love to hear/see more about your car.

Kavinsky' date='Yea, thats a picture of my car and the plane I am a pilot on. A couple of us posted pics of our cars after being accused of being haters, jealous etc. I never pass up an excuse to toss up a cool pic or two of my car.[/quote']Opps, sorry about that. I saw what kind of a fight it turned into and I just decided to skim for the photos to see what I could make of them and saved them for future reference and I guess I picked up yours by accident in the shuffle.guess that kind of makes what I said about the carpet of the vice car kind of redundant as your car has the same color carpet on the dash as the vice car did.actually that kind of gives us a unique opportunity then in a way, what is the name and reference number of the carpet on your car then? as we can use that against the vin printout sheet thing to see how close it is.