24 returns!

agent 47

24 returns sunday.January 11th (this weekend!) how many of you out there excited about it? I missed most of season six, really psyched for the new series. (they got me back when they showed that film, 24:Redemption)

Edited by agent 47
Space bar is your friend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sredd

• Frey

• agent 47

• Ferrariman

• Administrators

I'm almost a little tired of "24" but I haven't missed an episode yet and I'll be there this weekend. I know once it gets rolling I'll be hooked again!

I'm almost a little tired of "24" but I haven't missed an episode yet and I'll be there this weekend. I know once it gets rolling I'll be hooked again!

I couldn't agree more... DAMIT!

You know, the more I've been thinking about it. You're right, it's getting a little tiresome. It's been going on for six seasons. I was excited at first but later on I thought you know season six was a recycled version of previous seasons. Didn't want to watch much of it. Season five was a masterpiece, season four...what the hell was that about again? Season three was something different and the first two were great! I started thinking this is getting monotnous.  Sorry, Fox. The Redemption was good but unless the show needs to either change...or just get cancelled.I don't know if I will watch the new season. IT'S JUST GETTING TIRESOME.

Edited by agent 47
Yes, I was this crazy.

Guest neworder

True Season 6 was a poor effort and 'tiresome' sums it up perfectly.However, S7 has taken out CTU, which for me was one of the main factors behind the tiresome of S6, they've also changed locals which should hopefully widen its appeal. They've spent ages on this season so lets just hope its been worth it.You cant resist watching Bauer running around shouting and shooting terrorists, its an ace TV show and if you want to sit down watch lots of action etc then this is the TV show to do it. Its epic in most proportions. Season 6 was ridiculous, 5 Epic, 4 average, 3 the most 'Vice' 24 season IMO especially in the first half with the drug dealers, havent seen all of seasons 1/2 but what ive seen is very good.SJB

This will definitely make you hooked! For you and all the other 24 fans on ws' date=' here is a special prequel to Season 7!Nobody else will have this privilege, are you ready?[b']The following takes place one hour before the beginning of Season 7.Eingefügtes BildPandina is quietly posting on a forum... ;)Eingefügtes BildWhen she gets a phone call...Eingefügtes BildIt's Jack Bauer, asking for help. So she immediately logs on her CTU account...(yes, CTU still exists) Eingefügtes BildJack seems really worried, but Pandina will fix all: she knows what to do...Eingefügtes BildShe storms out of the office... Eingefügtes Bild... she turns to make sure she's not being followed by some terrorists of sort... Eingefügtes BildJack had lost his precious messenger bag and he desperately needed it back, so Pandina got it for him.Mission accomplished!Eingefügtes BildI can't watch the new season and I'm angry!!!

Aww, ,I'll go ahead and watch it. Might as well. If it sucks I'll come here and write a very angry letter.

Edited by agent 47
Edited for spelling and whinyness.

I can't watch the new season and I'm angry!!!

Me too.My DVR is broke and I was not home, so I missed it.Saw a clip on Fox News this morning, where Jack testifies before Congress, and is completely honest about his torture techniques, and admits to not following Geneva Convention rules. He then proceeds to put a Congressman in his place for questioning his judgment. Fox News pointed out how most of extreme liberal Hollywood would never put such an honest depiction of the War on Terror on screen, big or small screen. I believe that the brave American men and women who have fought in this war don't need Hollywood to apologize for them, and I am glad that Fox gave life to this depiction of a brave fictional character from the War on Terror. A big thumbs up to Fox. I've got to get my DVR fixed so I don't miss the rest of the season.

I publicly confess to this respectable forum that I'm addicted to 24, when I'm away on weekends I show off my Jack messenger bag (the one in the pic), I act like the saviour of the world even if I'm not.

You can see anything you missed here: http://www.fox.com/fod/

I had to use my self control to keep mouse away from this link, then I said to myself "ok, just a small peek" ... I clicked and this is what I got:Thank you for your interest in FOX. This episode is currently only available to viewers living in the United States.It's a clear sign that I must stay away from Season 7 until it is released here, but does it really matter? Even if I come across some video from Season 7 I wouldn't understand a single word anyway! (except for dammit)

• 2 months later...
NEED-TO-KNOW INFOSLUMDOG STAR COMES TO 24India superstar Anil Kapoor, who shot to fame in the United States as the host of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire in the Academy Award-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, will reportedly join the cast of 24 next season as an anti-terrorist agent. Reports say Kapoor will be Jack Bauer’s Indian counterpart.NO TIME FOR LOVEJack Bauer and FBI agent Renee Walker were reportedly going to lock lips this season, but producers cut the smooch from the script, says E! Online’s “Watch with Kirsten.â€â€œIn the script after episode 10, when I slap Jack, there was a kiss written into that episode, but they took it out of the script last minute,†Annie Wersching (who plays Agent Walker) told the website. “We thought it was a little clichÈ for that moment in particular,†she adds. “And besides, I don’t know I want a romantic storyline with Jack. Isn’t that usually the kiss of death for a character involved with him? It doesn’t usually fare well to be in a relationship with Jack Bauer.â€For the full story, visit www.eonline.com.DEATH WATCHEntertainment Weekly columnist Michael Ausiello reports that two characters will not see the eighth day of 24. Of course, anyone who’s seen 24 knows that not everyone gets out alive.24 COMES TO BLU-RAYHigh-Def Digest reports that the current season of 24 is expected to be available in high definition on Blu-ray beginning in May. It will be the series first foray into the format.ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY WAR ON TERRORIn an effort to cut pollution, executives of 24 are taking steps to make the series the first ever "carbon neutral" TV production. In addition to cutting the amount of fuel usage, the production has started using biodiesel to fuel trucks and generators, incorporated hybrid vehicles for transportation, installed motion monitors in bathrooms and kitchens to make use of lighting more efficient, and hired a consultant to monitor carbon dioxide output.The initiative began in the fall of 2007 and has, to date, led to a 43 percent reduction in carbon emissions."This is a passion project for us at 24, and we're amazed by how much we were able to achieve this past season in terms of conserving energy and reducing carbon emissions," says executive producer Howard Gordon. "But now the really important work begins, which is to inspire our audience to make changes in their own lives."This does not mean, however, that Jack Bauer will be chasing terrorists on a bicycle – to offset carbon emissions resulting from high-speed car chases and other explosive special effects and stunts, producers will purchase carbon “off-sets†from wind power plants in India to make up for the emissions expended in such cases."If we've needed a car chase, we've had a car chase,†Gordon told World Entertainment News network (WENN). “Our obligation is first and foremost to the fans. If we have budget cuts and need to save money then we'll have fewer car crashes.""No one is kidding themselves that viewers want to see Jack Bauer stop in the middle of an action scene and deliver some line about the environment,†20th Century Fox Television chairwoman Dana Walden told WENN. “[but we hope it will be] a more gratifying viewing experience, even if it is at a more subconscious level.â€ON THE EIGHTH DAY…It shouldn’t come as a surprise to fans of 24, but the show will return for an eighth season/ "We're gearing up for a May start date," 24 executive producer Howard Gordon told E! online. "I'm with the writers now just putting our heads together, coming up with an idea. Unless we fail to come up with an idea that's satisfactory, you'll see an eighth season." Gordon also hinted that Season 8 could be Jack Bauer’s last: “We may decide ultimately if there's not a movie [story] worth telling, Jack may see his last day on television," he said. "He could die in the series. I think that's possible."LOVE UNDER FIRELook for romantic sparks to fly between Jack Bauer and FBI agent Renee Walker, according to TV Guide.com. "They have established the emotional framework for a relationship that I think we're going to see manifested in the eighth season," 24 executive producer Howard Gordon told TVGuide.com. "It's definitely part of our plan."LONGTIME 24 PRODUCER/DIRECTOR EXITSAfter failing to come to terms on a new contract, 24 executive producer/director Jon Cassar –†a man 24 star Kiefer Sutherland has referred to as being “crucial†to the success of the series – has left the series after six seasons.

Guest neworder

Hmmm all interesting stuff there sreddIm really enjoying season 7, but when you loose someone like Jon Cassar, he was such a big player, kinda like Michael Mann's half departure from Vice at season 3, its gonna effect the series quality. Personally, i think S7 is only as good as it is because they had such a long time to work on it. Season 6 was a mess because they had to come up with the ideas so quickly, it seems S8 is starting it's production earlier again like S7 (albeit not as early) so hopefully they can fine tune the story for the season. I think its nice they've decided to cut it off at Season 8, well suggested it. If a TV series gets too long in the teeth then it just gets silly. Vice was a little short, i think it cud've done with a 6th season to take it into the 90's but any more would be stupid, same goes for 24, i think they could push a 9th season as each of the big story arcs act as trilogies in a with S1-3 Myers etc, S4-6 china, logan etc. Season 7's ratings are currently the best of any season so far and may become the most popular of all the 24 series, so FOX may see the $$$ signs and call for many more seasons....Sorry im ranting a bit.But anyway, S7 on top form, interesting info again Sredd, i hope they dont **** up S8.

Yeah, I hope not, we'll see. It would be a pretty bold move to have Jack die, I say go for it; I mean, come on, would Jack be happy living in suburbia with a wife and 1.5 kids? Maybe they'll have a spin-off series? "The Days and Nights of Chloe O'Brien", episode 1: Chloe smirks a lot...

• 4 weeks later...
THE MANHATTAN PROJECTThe eighth-worst day of Jack Bauer’s life will be set in Manhattan. After six seasons in Los Angeles and one in Washington, D.C., Bauer and the reconstituted CTU are setting up shop in New York City. THough the bulk of the scenes will still be filmed on sound stages in Los Angeles, filming of the eighth season (which starts next month) will include footage shot in the Big Apple.Entertainment Weekly, which first broke news of the change of scenery, also reports that a new character named Brian Hastings will lead the newly reformed CTU. Additional agents – including Chloe – will be part of the team. TIME BANDITSKiefer Sutherland told British website ITN.co.uk that there will not be a significant time gap between the seventh and eighth seasons of 24 (likely less time, in fact, than fans actually waited in real life between the sixth and seventh seasons). "The ending of season seven is going to have a direct impact on everything that takes place in season eight," Sutherland told the website.Sutherland also noted that that Jack Bauer may die in the eighth season. But don’t bet on it. DAY 7 ON DVDThe current season of 24 is slated for a May 19 DVD released. High-Def Digest reports that the current season of 24 is also expected to be available in high definition on Blu-ray beginning in May. It will be the series first foray into the format.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest neworder

***warning spoilers for those who havent seen Ep21Anyone else disappointed with the death of Hodges?What a legend, best 24 villain along with President Logan in my eyes."They are 6 year olds Greg...and they need to eat their carrots"SJB

DAY 7 ON DVDThe current season of 24 is slated for a May 19 DVD released. High-Def Digest reports that the current season of 24 is also expected to be available in high definition on Blu-ray beginning in May. It will be the series first foray into the format.Allready?! I stopped watching this new season because our crap local channels would sometimes play the whole episode without the sound! I am just waiting to get the DVD set, it's good to know the DVD is coming out soon.

• 4 weeks later...
BAUER BUTTING HEADSWhile 24 isn’t supposed to move to New York until next season, Jack Bauer – rather, the actor who plays him, Kiefer Sutherland – has already found himself embroiled in an action-packed night. Earlier this month, Sutherland was charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly head-butting fashion designer Jack McCollough during a star-studded party following the Costume Institute Gala in Manhattan.According to reports, Sutherland confronted McCollough after the designer either bumped into or knocked over actress Brooke Shields while she and the 24 star were talking. When Sutherland demanded an apology, McCollough reportedly responded by shoving the actor.A representative for Shields, however, said the designer did “nothing in appropriate.â€A representative for Sutherland said: "We are troubled by the untruthful and self-serving information circulating regarding Kiefer Sutherland and events of last Monday evening, We are confident, however, that the investigation being conducted by the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office and the NYPD will confirm that Kiefer Sutherland was neither the instigator nor a wrongdoer in this incident. Out of respect for this law enforcement process, Kiefer Sutherland will not be making any comment."Sutherland is currently on parole from a 2007 DUI charge in California. Sutherland, who turned himself in and was not arrested, is due in court on June 22. With Season 8 of 24 due to begin filming this month, there is no word on how or if the charges will affect production. DAY 7 ALREADY ON DVD AND BLU-RAYSeason 7 of 24 is now available on DVD and Blu-ray. The quick release marks the first time a TV series has been released on both formats immediately after the season finale. The move was reportedly made possible because filming of the season was completed months ago – normally it takes two to three months to prepare a television series for a DVD release.THE WIRETAP“There are corrupt guys in every aspect of life, and especially when you get into a situation that involves power, there’s always the opportunity for people to turn. I think that’s what makes ‘24’ interesting; you never know who’s the good guy and who’s the bad guy.â€Jon Voight discusses playing Jonas Hodges on 24 in an April 25 interview with Zap2It’s Jay Bobbin (“Voight enjoys playing ‘24’ villainâ€.

Guest neworder

Jonas Hodges was certainly one of the best villains 24 has had, probs my fave alongside good old President Logan from season 5.

I just came across this article on TV.Guide that I thought '24' fans might be interested in for the next season. Enjoy!24 may have cast a few more people this past week, but no one has talked about who’s leaving. And it looks as though Jack Bauer, the main character of the Fox drama, is about to be replaced.Sources are reporting that Freddie Prinze Jr. has signed on as a regular, playing Davis Cole, a recently returned Marine who runs CTU Field Ops and wants to follow in the footsteps of Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), according to The Hollywood Reporter.The character of Davis Cole sounds a lot like Chase Edmunds (James Badge Dale), whom Jack took under his wing in Season 3, grooming him to be his successor. Well, until his relationship with Jack’s daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) came to light.The eighth season of the real-time drama began production yesterday. Prinze joins fellow new 24-ers Anil Kapoor (Slumdog Millionaire), who plays a Middle East peacekeeper, Chris Diamantopoulos (The Starter Wife) as the president’s new chief of staff and John Boyd (The Notorious Bettie Page) as a CTU systems analyst.Jennifer Westfaldt (Notes From the Underbelly) will recur as a journalist, and Nazneen Contractor (The Border) will play the daughter of Kapoor’s character.