Need Backup!

nater86zx

Officer in need of assistance. I am looking to expand the Miami Vice fashion in my wardrobe. As of now, I only have a white suit (coat and pant) and a teal t shirt. I am requesting backup from you fellow vice officers as to where I can find more sport coats/blazers, 3 button shirts, and the shoes that Sonny wore. I would like to keep the style as close to Sonny's season 1&2 wardrobe. I have searched other threads about this topic. So, if anybody knows good places to get Miami Vice style::done: Sport coats/blazers:done:T-shirts/3 button shirts:done: Sonny's style shoesAny help would be greatly appreciated! I have already looked at e-bay and such for these items and can't find much.:radar: Thanks in advance!

JC penny, the stanford line and the 1986 line, also remember seeing a death and a lady like shirt there.also Sonny did use light grey in whatever works instead of his white blazer, mixed in with white pants and a teal colored shirt if you want to add some variety to your outfits.

Your local Wal-Mart might have some Faded Glory slip-on shoes for around $10.Ebay also has some white henleys that you can dye in any color you want.Also Wal-Mart sells sleeveless shirts in different colors.If you can't find a shirt in your color,a plain white T and and color dye never fails!If this is of any help in the blazer department...http://www.ragnewyork.com/mens-clothing/mens-blazers/

JC penny' date=' the stanford line and the 1986 line, also remember seeing a death and a lady like shirt there.also Sonny did use light grey in whatever works instead of his white blazer, mixed in with white pants and a teal colored shirt if you want to add some variety to your outfits.[/quote']Copy that, sir! I'll check them out. Are those current lines? Hope so, and I hope I can find some! Thanks for the input!

Copy that' date=' sir! I'll check them out. Are those current lines? Hope so, and I hope I can find some! Thanks for the input![/quote']might have to hurry on the stanford line though, they said something about discontinuing the shirts that I found that were very vice like of theres but they seem to go in stages and come back in due time.so if you miss them just keep trying.not sure about the death and a lady shirt though, when I brought it up someone found the link to a posting of it on the internet here. but I dont remember what thread it was in, think it was one of coops threads he posted on like a few months ago.I think the other one that you could look at are the hanes ones, I seem to remember them being vice like with sort of a collar or a V neck in vice like shirts.

• 4 weeks later...
I wanted to bump with thanks for the link! While these are three-button and not quite Vice-accurate, I'm definitely impressed enough to think about ordering three sets of blazers and pants tomorrow. Does anyone happen to know how quickly they ship from NYC? I'm moving next month so I want to make sure I actually get my hands on these threads before I leave. :eek:

That is an affordable linen blazer! :cool:

The pants are only $17' date=' too. So, a total of $43 for pants and blazer isn't bad at all. They even sell a couple of decently accurate Henleys, too, about $12 each? Might pick a couple up while I'm at it, although I've got a few T-shirts in the Vice colors already.This sounds like a [i']great way to start wearing the Crockett style.

Just wanted to bump a little bit with an update. Ended up getting the whole kit from the RAG New York link. Few blazers, sets of linen pants, and a couple of the henleys. I'll do as much of a review as I can once I get them in, although it might be a bit rushed as I'm preparing to move soonish.

• 1 month later...

thanks BlueAirI bought 2 blazers, I am satisfied with the quality of the product for the price I paid. I have worn them a few times now and have received compliments. Now I just need to find some more pastel t-shirts! Thanks BlueAir for the link!

I bought 2 blazers' date=' I am satisfied with the quality of the product for the price I paid. I have worn them a few times now and have received compliments. Now I just need to find some more pastel t-shirts! Thanks BlueAir for the link![/quote']No problem,Im proud to know that the link has helped add some nice threads in someones closet!You should also check out K-Mart as I got a purple shirt exactly like the one Crockett wore in "Lend me an Ear" from there.Macy's also has pink Izod Chino pants which is great because Crockett wore a pair a few times.I own one and there a shade more than what Crockett had but their great.Happy hunting nater86zx!

No problem' date='Im proud to know that the link has helped add some nice threads in someones closet!You should also check out K-Mart as I got a purple shirt exactly like the one Crockett wore in "Lend me an Ear" from there.Macy's also has pink Izod Chino pants which is great because Crockett wore a pair a few times.I own one and there a shade more than what Crockett had but their great.Happy hunting nater86zx![/quote']And, I'm also chiming in with thanks. I've had a few minor problems(as stated in my review thread), but all in all these are pretty good blazers and pants for the price. I've worn them pretty regularly(I bought three sets) for the past few weeks and they're comfortable and stylish. And, a purple shirt at K-Mart? Hmm... I'm maybe six blocks away from one. Do you know what brand of shirt that is?

Also, a place to check out right now(likely area dependent) is Dillard's. Roundtree and Yorke have a line they call Caribbean. No blazers and the pants I saw at my local retailer have cargo pockets and all, but plenty of Vice colors and a wide selection of linen. I picked up long-sleeved shirts in salmon, light blue, and white... they even have a provision to roll up the sleeves. Didn't think that was coming back into fashion, but very comfortable stuff if you're looking for a more casual look.