Miami Vice Pilot Episode In HD? Where?

Miami_Vice

Does anybody know if you can watch/download the pilot episode in HD that NBC aired? Someone must have it recorded since its the only Miami Vice episode thats been made to HD.

• Administrators

Your best bet would be NBC.com Click on "Full Episodes" then "Classic Shows"

Your best bet would be NBC.com Click on "Full Episodes" then "Classic Shows"

Already been there looking for it. They have some episodes but none of them are in HD.Someone just got to have it.

• Administrators

I could be wrong but I personally have never heard of any Vice episodes filmed in HD. How do you know the pilot was filmed in HD?

Wasnt it done in HD for when the MV movie came out in 2006:D

Thats correct. And since its the only Miami Vice episode thats been made to HD someone must have it recorded and should be able to upload it to Youtube. I find it very strange that no one has uploaded it to torrent sites or even Youtube.

Thats correct. And since its the only Miami Vice episode thats been made to HD someone must have it recorded and should be able to upload it to Youtube. I find it very strange that no one has uploaded it to torrent sites or even Youtube.

and that's what I first saw on tv all those years ago at this point, think I have seen clips of it on youtube and someone did recently upload brothers keeper to youtube.so it might be that version.

As far as I know, the 2006 HD version of the pilot isn't available anywhere officially on the net. A few scattered clips have shown up on Youtube, but that's about it to the best of my knowledge.The subject of the 2006 re-air has come up a few times in recent months (and I'm still regretting missing it back in '06), but there's a bit more info (and a link to the HD version of the intro) in this thread:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16830-Please-anybody-offer-me-any-filter-like-thatI've said it before, I'll say it again: Since the pilot is already "done", and it's movie-length, why not release a standalone Blu Ray to test the waters for possible future season releases in the format?Even if they'd rather go with 4:3 HD season releases (retain the original aspect ratio, but with the superior image quality), a 16:9 standalone Blu Ray of the pilot would still absolutely be worth having, IMO. Something totally unique.

and that's what I first saw on tv all those years ago at this point' date=' think I have seen clips of it on youtube and someone did recently upload brothers keeper to youtube.so it might be that version.[/quote']Would you care to try and find it on Youtube? Becuse all i can find is the Miami Vice Pilot intro in HD.I would very much appreciate it.

still regretting missing it back in '06), but there's a bit more info (and a link to the HD version of the intro) in this thread:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16830-Please-anybody-offer-me-any-filter-like-thatI've said it before, I'll say it again: Since the pilot is already "done", and it's movie-length, why not release a standalone Blu Ray to test the waters for possible future season releases in the format?Even if they'd rather go with 4:3 HD season releases (retain the original aspect ratio, but with the superior image quality), a 16:9 standalone Blu Ray of the pilot would still absolutely be worth having, IMO. Something totally unique.

Awww man :( I got so hyped up when my friend told me there is a HD version of the pilot episode floating around. Oh well lets just hope NBC Universal release it in the near future.Thanks anyway guys.

Awww man :( I got so hyped up when my friend told me there is a HD version of the pilot episode floating around. Oh well lets just hope NBC Universal release it in the near future.Thanks anyway guys.

Well, I look at it this way: MV is still significantly popular enough that the entire series was released on DVD with all of the original music. If it wasn't selling enough for the execs in charge, we wouldn't have seen the entire series, at least not beyond the second season. Or, we would have had some music alterations/deletions. Instead, we got everything we hoped for. I'm not saying MV shares quite the same fandom as Star Trek (though I wish it did), but there definitely is a market for it. Also, 80's culture is one of the "in" things for hipsters right now. However cringe worthy that may sound, it also can't be discounted. If it can potentially make some money, the right people will look into it.All that said, I'm confident we'll see some HD MV at some point, be it the 2006 re-air or something else. In regards to that 2006 airing, I don't know how much work is involved in converting something to HD, but it only aired that one time. Why do (I'm guessing) a lot of work for something that only aired once without an eye to the future? Besides, the people in charge of these things are always looking for the easiest way to make money. Since it's already done, that works in favor of us seeing more of that 2006 version at some point.At least, that's how I see it.

• 2 weeks later...

Heck, I'm surprised just those three clips are still up after nearly three years. Isn't NBC Universal usually pretty fanatical about that sort of thing? If someone were to post the entire ep, something tells me it would be pulled right quick.I hope someone with the right connections is taking note of this discussion and all the recent discussions on this HD pilot, because the message is pretty clear: WE WANT IT!

Im suprised it hasnt been released - considering the popularity still of Miami Vice:D

It's also very strange that NBC only aired the Pilot episode in HD once. You would think that they would air it more than 1 time.I sure hope someone has it recorded and puts it on Youtube but i doubt it :(.

Im suprised Universal dont do more with Miami Vice - more releases , an Hd release / blu ray release. They put a lot into the Miami Vice 2006 movie with $125 million budget and the subsequent 2007 single sided releases of Season 3-5 but little since.:D

It's also very strange that NBC only aired the Pilot episode in HD once. You would think that they would air it more than 1 time.I sure hope someone has it recorded and puts it on Youtube but i doubt it :(.

They aired it on a Saturday night just before the theatrical release of Miami Vice 2006 which was also released by Universal / Nbc. There is a real demand for MV in Hd.:D

They aired it on a Saturday night just before the theatrical release of Miami Vice 2006 which was also released by Universal / Nbc. There is a real demand for MV in Hd.:D

Yea, I know NBC aired the Pilot episode in HD back in 2006 but then after that they never aired it again for some reason. You would think they would air it more than once. Or atleast release it to the public.

if only all seasons and episodes had been in HD like these...But whereeeeee...??But now they think Miami Vice very old,very flight,herpes and unrealThe Cops using fast cars and clothes,sexy bitch womens(like Gina and Trudy's hooker mission),off-shore boat-speed boat..I know they doin' their jobs for get into the Miami Underworld but they (2000's generation) think this is very funny..They all of thinkin' sex,hot womens,drugs,punks style...The 2000's generation loves punk style,not Miami Vice and Emotional World of 80's!But I love it! I'm seventeen years old and I don't like 2000's musics (Justin Bieber and etc. craps things like that) - 80's souls and that years Emotion-Music style processing very,very underdeep!That's why I always gonna love 80's-80's Musics and Miami Vice!