Freefall - The final episode

Matt5

Some great locations in this episode - some of which I have visited recently :thumbsup:Ivax Bank at 4400 Biscayne Bvld seen when Borbon's ( Ian Mcshane ) squeeze came out of the bank with the cash in her handbag whilst C&T were in pursuit:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7692[/ATTACH]

Miami Vice style picture 2013! From the final drive to catch Borbon - most of which was recycled footage on West Avenue , Miami Beach from "Stones War" and a clip from "Down for the Count " Pt 2 - this scene was shot on East Flagler St in Downtown for "Freefall" going over this intersection( E1st Ave) at this angle .:D[ATTACH=CONFIG]7694[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965415611_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Watched this episode last night - really great . Great locations - except the location of the marina is frustrating as we have not found this yet :thumbsdown::D:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

The location with the stone wall where C&T pick Borbon up and Shoot their way out is also unknown. according to a member who was present at shooting this was a park in Coconut Grove but I cannot find any match in that area.

The location with the stone wall where C&T pick Borbon up and Shoot their way out is also unknown. according to a member who was present at shooting this was a park in Coconut Grove but I cannot find any match in that area.

That is interesting Tom never heard that :-)

• 7 months later...

Very curious about these two places:

- the end scene where they farewell each other

- the final shootout and confrontation, looks like Watson Island to me (especially as they are walking away from the shoot out)

Very curious about these two places:- the end scene where they farewell each other- the final shootout and confrontation, looks like Watson Island to me (especially as they are walking away from the shoot out)

Simple Bilders - end scene ( farewell) was at small boat dock near MiaMarina - Bayside ( where Barbara Streisand walked past in "Badge of Dishonor" ) and the final shootout was Watson Island/ Chalks as the Pilot  :D  :fireworks:

Thanks Matt5. I have gotten to know Watson Island quite well by spending much time analyzing it on Google Earth and also the PIlot scenes. When they have the confrontation with the Feds, they look like they are on the roads running parallel to the ocean :) Definitely one spot I'd love to try and pinpoint. "DO IT. If you've got the stones."

And I figure Crockett it at his usual 2nd slip at the Marina like in the beginning. The buildings behind him line up just right from what I can see.

I am guessing the handshake and farewell is on the road just outside the Marina?

Thanks Matt5. I have gotten to know Watson Island quite well by spending much time analyzing it on Google Earth and also the PIlot scenes. When they have the confrontation with the Feds, they look like they are on the roads running parallel to the ocean :) Definitely one spot I'd love to try and pinpoint. "DO IT. If you've got the stones."

And I figure Crockett it at his usual 2nd slip at the Marina like in the beginning. The buildings behind him line up just right from what I can see.

I am guessing the handshake and farewell is on the road just outside the Marina?

Yes the handshake scene is on the side ( bay ) entrance to Miamarina/ Bayside complex same area they shot "Nobody Lives Forever" and the Barbra Streisand cameo in "Badge of Dishonor" from Season 4. :D  :thumbsup:

The "Do It Stones" scene was filmed just outside Chalks gate but just before there where they shot the teaser in "Lombard" almost  :D

• Like 1

Would appreciate it if you could mark these places for me on the map Matt5 :) I like to mark them closest to the spot as possible. You can zoom and be super accurate with it.

Would appreciate it if you could mark these places for me on the map Matt5 :) I like to mark them closest to the spot as possible. You can zoom and be super accurate with it.

Here is "Do It - youve got the Stones !" scene - spot on Watson Island :D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.783744,-80.1773,3a,75y,303.75h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sQH5M-si7Uko261bEY5YPkQ!2e0

• Like 1

and the final end scene as the Testarossa drove off -  :D

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.776407,-80.184689,3a,75y,180.88h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sv2aDwof3IsxrR407I2_xRw!2e0

• Like 2

Mate this is ridiculously accurate! Thanks so much :)

Ha ha thankyou - my pleasure - let me know any more you would like as Ive spent a lot of time in Miami and area over the Years 

I contribute a lot of photos to this section of this site of my trips and recreation shots of scenes - love it :D  :)  :fireworks:

Edited by Matt5

Here you go Bilders from my photos - 

Freefall - end Testarossa drive off/ handshake scene :D  :dance2: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

Matt5 do you have photo of  "Do It - youve got the Stones" scene ? Could you post it here ?

I will have to dig up as on my old camera - I covered that area ( Watson Island ) extensively in 2004 . :D

Would be great if you had shots of the exit area of the Chalk's plane from Brothers Keeper and also where C+T were running.

Not to mention the phone call he made to Caroline :D

Would be great if you had shots of the exit area of the Chalk's plane from Brothers Keeper and also where C+T were running.

Not to mention the phone call he made to Caroline :D

I have but will have to dig up as they are on my old equipment pre 2006. Interesting about Chalks after the 2005 crash of one of its planes and in 2007 its license was revoked and ceased trading - the company went bankrupt.

But the seaplane seen in the Pilot episode when Calderone escapes was the plane that crashed in 2005  ( Chalk's Grumman G-73 Seaplane with tail number N2969 ) I was reading 

• Like 2