Freefall - The final episode

Matt5

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 2:44 PM, Matt5 said:

I took these in Costa Morada ! Borbons Palace - (1) in the teaser Borbon walks down these stairs in the main house with his general. (2) this is a recreated shot as they all escape from the screening room before entering the grounds :hippie:

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

I completed a first draft of this episode for my site before I went on my trip. I will soon get to work on "final" version to publish. Adding recent photos from Deering Estate. I will add interesting stories from the road here as well. Meanwhile here is the next step in their flight from Costa Morada. After the Stone House they run thru the woods toward the truck. They are running parallel to the main entrance way that we saw in The Afternoon Plane.

• Like 1

As seen in the picture, the second tree in on the right was the easiest to identify from the film and confirm the location.

In your picture it looks like a white jeep down where Crockett was parked. There is a marker in the pavement a few feet from where Sonny stood. I thought for a second Miami was commemorating the event but it was just a survey marker.

DSC06160.JPG

• Like 1

8 hours ago, C Glide said:

Sorry picture did not post. Trying again

DSC05446.JPG

This is interesting - I was in this area which is just east of the long pathway down to the main stone house  - I took loads of photos also.

Jeremy may I ask you found the location (interior) of the scene at the end of the "Ship of Fools" montage with the Biltmore aerial as the set up shot ?:hippie:

Here are few I took of that area just off the main path to the stone house - 

The second pic is from a reproduction shot  of the main gate for the escape from The Palace ( Deering Estate) and this road SW72nd Ave in South Miami was where the shootout entailed:dance2:

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2565.JPG

2 hours ago, Matt5 said:

This is interesting - I was in this area which is just east of the long pathway down to the main stone house  - I took loads of photos also.

Jeremy may I ask you found the location (interior) of the scene at the end of the "Ship of Fools" montage with the Biltmore aerial as the set up shot ?:hippie:

Yes. Should I answer now or wait a day or two to publish on my site, anticipation. What say you.

24 minutes ago, C Glide said:

Yes. Should I answer now or wait a day or two to publish on my site, anticipation. What say you.

Im happy to wait for the full on publication on your site :hippie:

Did you recreate the rooms also from the Freefall teaser - Borbon ( Ian Mcshane) at the desk. Ive got the photos on my phone I think

Yes, it was interesting as I had several episodes to re-create photos for at the same time. Fortunately experience has made me well organized but it was still a significant task. I had all the screen captures to re-create on my lap top and spent the better part of the day doing so. But it was really a great experience. I even tracked down the exact tree where little Marty hid in Bushido.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, C Glide said:

Yes, it was interesting as I had several episodes to re-create photos for at the same time. Fortunately experience has made me well organized but it was still a significant task. I had all the screen captures to re-create on my lap top and spent the better part of the day doing so. But it was really a great experience. I even tracked down the exact tree where little Marty hid in Bushido.

That's great of course you had a lot of "Afternoon Plane" shot here and also some interiors/exterior work from "Ciba Libre" which I managed to recreate when I went in Feb . I just love the Deering Estate - also found it very interesting what miamijimf said about the historical aspect of the site. @miamijimf

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Normally I publish all at one time but I just published the first page of Freefall. There will be a total of 6 pages when all are published which will be soon but not tomorrow as it will be a beach day.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, C Glide said:

Normally I publish all at one time but I just published the first page of Freefall. There will be a total of 6 pages when all are published which will be soon but not tomorrow as it will be a beach day.

Looking forward to this one !:hippie:

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Matt5:

I thought that interior scene with the Baker-C&T argument was long found and discussed: it was shot inside the Alexander Hotel.

13 hours ago, C Glide said:

Page two has been published.

Great Charlie, ref the Vice pics in the Clay Hotel, the last time I was there the pics were on a bulletin board upstairs.  Don't know about now.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1