Freefall - The final episode

Matt5

vor 39 Minuten schrieb C Glide:

Page three has been published

Thanks! Great as always. One comment on the recycled footages from Stones War. These were -with exception of a few scenes shot by MV- as we found out by hint of member Mr.Calderon scenes taken from movie "Latino" (1985) which dealt with war in El Salvador and was shot on site.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

It is now done. the sixth and final page of the final episode has been published. It has been a long and wonderful journey.

• Like 2

Great conclusion of the series locations and what a labor of love you have done over the years to complete all 111 episodes scene by scene in detail!

Many thanks on behalf of all fans!

Hopefully we will be able to track down the few unknown locations in a team effort starting back with season 1. Just guessing but we have found all locations in approx. 95% of episodes, thus only a few mysteries left with Love at first sight seeming to be the show with highest number of unknown locations.

• Like 3

as CGlide mentioned on his website that the same thug harassed Crockett in Freefall (end of teaser), Rock and a hard Place (press conference) and Victims of Circumstance (brawl), I wanted to share the name- this is Joe Hess, a well known karate champ, military expert, bodyguard and part time actor. There is lots of footage on YouTube about and with him. By the way: I don't like the guy as he whacked Zito in Down for the Count ;( and one of the other thugs who pushed Crockett and Tubbs into the car at the end of Freefall teaser was Robert Hoelscher, the police instructor of the show, working with MIami Police Dpt at the time of filming. He also appeared in numerous episodes including Redemption in Blood, Killshot and Sons and Lovers, playing police officers. In Freefall he defected to the cartel, I suspect they paid well and had everyone in Miami Police on their payroll, except our heroes of course! :D

http://www.worldblackbelt.com/who-s-who/living-legends/143-joseph-c-hess

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

On 7/21/2017 at 8:24 PM, Matt5 said:

That's great of course you had a lot of "Afternoon Plane" shot here and also some interiors/exterior work from "Ciba Libre" which I managed to recreate when I went in Feb . I just love the Deering Estate - also found it very interesting what miamijimf said about the historical aspect of the site. @miamijimf

Since you're interested in the history of the Deering Estate you may like this info about the oldest building, pictured below.  In 1896 Samuel Richmond built a sturdy house on the property that became the Richmond Cottage.  It was the first hotel built between Coconut Grove and Key West.  The property was in the pioneer town of Cutler.  Cutler is now a section of SW Dade.  (When in Miami in the 80s we lived in an area called Cutler Ridge.)  Charles Deering, the older brother of James Deering builder of Vizcaya, bought the property, and refurbished this cottage in 1913. 

Also I just remembered finding the remains of a crashed single engine, drug carrying plane a few years ago when poking around the woods on the estate.  The engine had been removed.  I hope they left the wreck there up in the trees, it was like a symbol of the 80s.  Anyone else see the plane?   

LovesClassicTV.JPG

• Like 1

4 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Since you're interested in the history of the Deering Estate you may like this info about the oldest building, pictured below.  In 1896 Samuel Richmond built a sturdy house on the property that became the Richmond Cottage.  It was the first hotel built between Coconut Grove and Key West.  The property was in the pioneer town of Cutler.  Cutler is now a section of SW Dade.  (When in Miami in the 80s we lived in an area called Cutler Ridge.)  Charles Deering, the older brother of James Deering builder of Vizcaya, bought the property, and refurbished this cottage in 1913. 

Also I just remembered finding the remains of a crashed single engine, drug carrying plane a few years ago when poking around the woods on the estate.  The engine had been removed.  I hope they left the wreck there up in the trees, it was like a symbol of the 80s.  Anyone else see the plane?   

LovesClassicTV.JPG

Very interesting Jim - thankyou for sharing !

There is much there I didn't know- I can't recall the plane. When I'm there I do like that neighborhood and Old Cutler road  :hippie:

• 3 weeks later...

A few more from the final episode from the Charles Deering Estate (the Borbon Palace screening room was of course seen in "Bushido" and "Cuba Libre")- these photos were taken earlier this year and compliment Jeremy's guide to this episod:hippie:

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2481.JPG

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have updated my pages with new re-creation pictures as well as new found location. The field hospital, rebel camp and place where man was tied to tree were filmed in the western part of Matheson Hammock Park not as suspected at the Deering Estate.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, C Glide said:

I have updated my pages with new re-creation pictures as well as new found location. The field hospital, rebel camp and place where man was tied to tree were filmed in the western part of Matheson Hammock Park not as suspected at the Deering Estate.

Great work !:) Interesting about Matheson Hammock Park as they hadn’t filmed there before ?!

2 minutes ago, C Glide said:

That is correct. Only time they filmed there. Burn Notice used the park several times.

Love the fact they filmed at Matheson Hammock Park and the theatre downtown for the first time for the final episode

• Like 1

Great find by Charlie.  Loved those wooded trails as a kid.  Glad they are still there.  When Charlie IDd the teaser shot with the trail between rows of palms as Matheson Hammock I immediately recognized it.  I like to think that if I had concentrated on finding that location it would have occurred to me that it was Matheson.  :birdie:

22 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Great find by Charlie.  Loved those wooded trails as a kid.  Glad they are still there.  When Charlie IDd the teaser shot with the trail between rows of palms as Matheson Hammock I immediately recognized it.  I like to think that if I had concentrated on finding that location it would have occurred to me that it was Matheson.  :birdie:

Yes Jim - they had never shot at Matheson so all eyes were on Deering so to speak for this teaser scene.:thumbsup::cheers:

• Like 1

Here are a few pix of the hardwood hammock trails at Matheson Hammock.  The Germans should appreciate this because, from what I saw, they love to hike.  If Miami doesn't have it, nobody's thought of it yet.

15492604_1317192681659359_1391457152056482288_n.jpg

ForestTrail.jpg

Gables.jpg

IMG_8383.jpg

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Our Crockett never did like that punk Johnny Ramon, this is where he first saw him outside the rear of 624 Collins Avenue on Collins Court, Miami Beach , I took this Sunday. 

DF113A76-83F5-4A72-A4A2-5B58B8DE480A.jpeg

00F0CC43-91D5-4422-A374-3CBED03708A1.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

I’ve pretty much covered all the locations in this Series finale - good locations too all over the Miami area. 

Next for me is to cover the Costa Morada locations - can you fly direct from mainland to there?:)

Edited by Matt5
  • Haha 1

• 8 months later...
17 minutes ago, airtommy said:

filmed in Matheson Hammock County Park

freefall2.png.ebb1acbd1b933fd18abe9b06946939a9.png

P1010144.thumb.JPG.f0aa8ea176712d36864a273109346af3.JPG

freefall1.png.54ceafc2f950f56d5ade601cf1e406c2.png

P1010151.thumb.JPG.2b3b89b8a7730127ef5ceca560b41950.JPG

Great photos - aah the beautiful Matheson Hammock Park in Costa Morada a good day out for all.:)

Edited by Matt5