Top gear makes Major "Brother's keeper" reference!

67SuperSnake

How could you say this Fisker Karma introduction isn't related to the In the Air Tonight Daytona scene?! Its towards the end of the video....

How could you say this Fisker Karma introduction isn't related to the In the Air Tonight Daytona scene?! Its towards the end of the video....

not bad but its a bloody shame that you have to log in to see the video and you only get a small clip. you would think the lazy bastards would get more money off of putting a few ads on it and providing the stuff for free.and with how popular top gear is it seems like a no brainier.

The sign in is a liability thing. They can then claim they did their part to keep kids from being able to watch it. That is all it is.

• 2 weeks later...

still in the grand scheme of things for a two minute video with nothing offensive in it it just seems downright silly.

Agreed. However, an enterprising sort can still find out how to access the episodes without any of that tripe. Just look around if you're so inclined.However, I love the reference. I wonder where they shot that?

Agreed. However' date=' an enterprising sort can still find out how to access the episodes without any of that tripe. Just look around if you're so inclined.However, I love the reference. I wonder where they shot that?[/quote']best guess south beach, probably somewhere around where the photo I use as my desktop wallpaper was takenhttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7762&stc=1&d=1364524930and this isnt the first time theres been some sort of Don Johnson Miami Vice reference on top gear past and present, Richard Hammond said in the ferrari F40/ Porsche 959 vid that apparently his style guru, Mr Johnson had one of them.and Clarkson had said that during an older video about the daytona this is my first time driving it and no the one on miami vice was a replicaguess he didnt know about the real one in the pilot and the spyder conversion used in one way ticketplus during some shooting match they had in the US with a merc, ferrari 458 and a porsche in one of the american specials he said quote on quote he, Richard Hammond looks like don johnson when they were shooting out of there cars at a target of the stig, who's actor had recently betrayed them and revealed his identity in some book deal.and the only time he did that was el viejo, with the daytona when the hitvan attacks.so you can confirm that both Richard Hammond and Jeremy clarkson were Miami Vice fans, not sure about captain slow who drove the car in the video.

post-592-13892965472191_thumb.jpg

That's some awesome info. I'm still getting up to date on my Top Gear so I'm sure I'll see the references. I definitely gotta get down there sometime after I move and check out the sights and sounds. Even the buildings just ooze style. I have an friend in Jacksonville I want to visit sometime; it's still a bit of a drive but Miami and Key West are both on my bucket list. At least I'll be significantly closer to Florida after I move. :D

That's some awesome info. I'm still getting up to date on my Top Gear so I'm sure I'll see the references. I definitely gotta get down there sometime after I move and check out the sights and sounds. Even the buildings just ooze style. I have an friend in Jacksonville I want to visit sometime; it's still a bit of a drive but Miami and Key West are both on my bucket list. At least I'll be significantly closer to Florida after I move. :D

just be careful though as a big pull down there is tourists and you always got people who like to prey on them no matter where you go in the world, so try and find someone who knows the area and where to avoid before you go down there. plus its geting pretty close to spring break I think, so you've got that to worry about the latter you go.

• 2 weeks later...
just be careful though as a big pull down there is tourists and you always got people who like to prey on them no matter where you go in the world' date=' so try and find someone who knows the area and where to avoid before you go down there. plus its geting pretty close to spring break I think, so you've got that to worry about the latter you go.[/quote']Sorry once again for the delay... I need to get my subscription settings changed, haha.Once again, you're definitely right about being careful. I'm also likely going to be making a few trips to the Big Easy(much closer to where I'll be living) with some family friends who know what places to avoid, so I'll make sure to not go alone. One of them's an old school biker and had some very colorful stories about Key West, so I'll see if I can't drag him along when I make it out to Miami. Can't be too careful, ya know.

Sorry once again for the delay... I need to get my subscription settings changed' date=' haha.Once again, you're definitely right about being careful. I'm also likely going to be making a few trips to the Big Easy(much closer to where I'll be living) with some family friends who know what places to avoid, so I'll make sure to not go alone. One of them's an old school biker and had some very colorful stories about Key West, so I'll see if I can't drag him along when I make it out to Miami. Can't be too careful, ya know.[/quote']Indeed, kinda sucks but well people arent taught to respect people, property and life in some cases it seems anymore and we all suffer for it.

not bad but its a bloody shame that you have to log in to see the video and you only get a small clip. you would think the lazy bastards would get more money off of putting a few ads on it and providing the stuff for free.and with how popular top gear is it seems like a no brainier.

Seems to be ok ;-)http-~~-//bcove.me/diqpv9eu