The IRS spent 60 grand on a star trek parody?!

Kavinsky

Now as you know I am a science fiction fan and I've been keeping tabs on the production of the latest star trek movie news at trek movie.com and they sometimes come across the weirdest damn things I've ever seenbut this takes it to a new high

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VxU6n4pAnrU#!

http://trekmovie.com/2013/03/23/watch-irs-star-trek-video-earns-rebuke-from-congress-worst-parody-ever/$60,000 Star Trek Parody Gets IRS In Hot Water On Wednesday Congressman Charles Boustany (Chairman of the Ways and Means Oversight Subcommittee) sent a letter to the acting commissioner of the Internal Revenue Service to "inquire about videos depicting television or movie parodies" produced by the IRS production studio. The goal was to "determine whether and to what extend taxpayer resources were devoted to activities unrelated" to the IRS "core functions." Of particular interest was a Star Trek parody video which the IRS had admitted cost $60,000 to produce.sadly this is the lesser wasted money stories I've read about today when it comes to our goverment, the other being 2 million wasted by Biden opposing something in a public smear campaign instead of using that money to put a policeman in every school in a state and be done with that issue.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah its funny I had forgotten I had posted this, and no this wasnt an early april fools joke sadly looking back at it, it really did happen.and the month before tax month, atleast it was abit of Karmic retribution in that sense, for once the IRS gets in hot water for wasting money.