Episode #85 "Hell Hath No Fury"

Ferrariman

1 hour ago, Swevicus said:

Now this is an anomaly in MV, as it has no popular music (that must have made licensing the episode for DVD and Blu-ray Disc easy :) ). Plus, everyone getting a dressing-down from Castillo in the end? Wow. The team really smegged up. I think Season 4 gets way too much smeg (and, to a lesser extent, Season 5) - it feels like the most experimental (this episode feels like a neo-Hitchcock thriller, "Vote of Confidence" feels like a political conspiracy thriller at times, "The Big Thaw" and "Missing Hours", despite their reputations of being total smeg, actually verge on sci-fi, which I think is a direction MV could have taken to keep things interesting).

I actually really like this episode ("Hell Hath")! I agree that it was very neo-noirish & very Hitchcockian...wild, bizarre plot twists you didn't see coming with creepy suspense thrown in! :clap:

MV was never intended to be sci-fi, and those kinds of plots would never work for it...and that's why "Missing Hours" is known as the worst episode of the series (in my opinion, the worst of all of television!). Despite some strange & bizarre directions the writers took in the latter 2 seasons, thank goodness (other than "Missing") sci-fi was not one of them. ;) 

• Like 1