I search,read,Google,and just cant find

mikieson

I search here and online all over and cant fine exactly what im looking for. If I find some good cheap Blazers they normally arent my size. I have roughly 50" chest maybe xxL jacket? They never have anything anywhere for me..I dont care about name brands or screenused things.. I just want some solid color blazers..mostly blue,coral,grey,white..Im also looking for some of the woven shoe types like Crockett wears..again..dont care about brand..I dont care if things are new or used..JUST want options for bigger guys..heaven forbid someone is 6'2" 255lbs and has workedout and somewhat large..I guess stores think everyone is 160lbs lol

Hey there.In this thread here: http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?17157-Need-Backup!User BlueAir posted a link to a clothing company called RAG New York. They have fairly accurate linen/cotton blazers for a pretty good price as well as linen pants. Their XXXL size on the blazers as per their sizing chart seems to cover a 49-51" chest. Pricing is $26, so pretty affordable. The only caveat are that these are three-button blazers, wheras DJ wore two-button blazers on the show.HOWEVER(this is important), I would hold off on ordering from them right yet. I don't like to air this sort of thing out but I ordered three sets of blazers, pants, and some shirts in Vice colors two weeks ago. I got the typical confirmation email when I ordered. One week in, there wasn't any indication my order had been shipped or delayed(I was at least expecting an "Your order is in short supply, please allow such and such timeframe for delivery" email). My phone calls to their customer support line have reached a voice mail box and neither them nor my emails have as of yet been returned.Since this is an established clothing company with retail locations in NYC, I'm going to try a few more things(ie: ringing up their retail stores and being a pest if I have to) before throwing in the towel. If this interests you and you can wait for me to deal with them and get a yay or nay vote from these guys, I'll do my best to get one ASAP.

OH..dang I hope you get your order..Ive ran into bad businesses online before and lost a few $$$..so..sure,i can wait..good luck and let us know how things go..

HOWEVER(this is important), I would hold off on ordering from them right yet. I don't like to air this sort of thing out but I ordered three sets of blazers, pants, and some shirts in Vice colors two weeks ago. I got the typical confirmation email when I ordered. One week in, there wasn't any indication my order had been shipped or delayed(I was at least expecting an "Your order is in short supply, please allow such and such timeframe for delivery" email). My phone calls to their customer support line have reached a voice mail box and neither them nor my emails have as of yet been returned.Since this is an established clothing company with retail locations in NYC, I'm going to try a few more things(ie: ringing up their retail stores and being a pest if I have to) before throwing in the towel. If this interests you and you can wait for me to deal with them and get a yay or nay vote from these guys, I'll do my best to get one ASAP.

I search here and online all over and cant fine exactly what im looking for. If I find some good cheap Blazers they normally arent my size. I have roughly 50" chest maybe xxL jacket? They never have anything anywhere for me..I dont care about name brands or screenused things.. I just want some solid color blazers..mostly blue' date='coral,grey,white..Im also looking for some of the woven shoe types like Crockett wears..again..dont care about brand..I dont care if things are new or used..JUST want options for bigger guys..heaven forbid someone is 6'2" 255lbs and has workedout and somewhat large..I guess stores think everyone is 160lbs lol[/quote']I know how you feel.Im a size small in blazer size so finding a good blazer for me is hard.I have to resort to Chinese knock-off blazers since they fit me and have Vice colors.Macys had blazers my size but were around $100-$250.Good luck finding a blazer your size,Vice style is the best style!

OH..dang I hope you get your order..Ive ran into bad businesses online before and lost a few $$$..so..sure' date='i can wait..good luck and let us know how things go..[/quote']Okay, good news! It took a lot of running around but I did finally manage to contact a person at RAG about my order. Apparently their Internet guys dropped the ball and never got the tracking number out to me. It looks like I should be receiving everything today. :DI'll do what I can to snap a few photos, but I'm in the middle of packing up to move so it might be a bit tough to find a good spot to take pics. Definitely very excited right now, haha.

oh great!!! this is good news for you and others wanting to shop..i'll definitely check their site out..AND yes please post some pics asap..:D

Unfortunately, more delays. At this time anyone who's interested in ordering from RAG should still hold off until things get resolved once more. Right now the package has been just sitting at a UPS hub about an hour away from me for the past four days. The information I got from UPS is that it was scanned in as it reached the hub and it is likely lost somewhere there... frustrating as I could easily just drive up there. They told me to contact RAG in order to file in a claim there.Now, I don't suspect RAG is shady and/or scam material. Their retail locations are legitimate and I've been able to reach them there during normal business hours. The gentleman I got a hold of on the retail end has been on point, gets back with me ASAP and has been pleasant to deal with, but whoever is handling the Internet side of things has been neigh near impossible to get a hold of. While there's a physical record of my order being shipped which tells me they're legitimate, the roadblocks of communication are definitely a cause to be concerned about. I run my own PC repair business on the side and I would never simply ignore a customer who has already paid me.If I don't receive my order today I will get down to the bottom of things tomorrow. Either way by the end of tomorrow my order will be on its way or my card will be charged back and I'll be able to give a better recommendation from there. Since I know at least the OP is considering placing an order as well I just want to let other Vicers be aware of my issues. If in fact anyone else has ordered from RAG and are experiencing difficulties, just let me know and I can give you some of the contact info I've acquired.

Okay, my apologies for once again cluttering up the OP's post.However, I would like to report the issues have been resolved.I was in contact with the owner of RAG, and apparently UPS really dropped the ball. My order was sent almost to my door, went back to NYC, and was shipped out again this morning(I do have the tracking number so I have verified this is the case). He apologized profusely, saying this was the first time in three years of business that UPS has ever done anything like this and refunded my money as an apology. I feel a little bad, but I'm getting everything for free. The caveat is that it will be delayed a little further. While it took a pretty decent amount of frustration and a comedy of errors worth of miscommunication, they did come through for me in the end. I don't think anyone else will have problems like I have, but I'm looking forward to finally getting everything in and posting up a comprehensive review for everyone. :D

WOW...FOR FREE!!..awesome..and kudos to them for doing so..BRAVO!! I will definately check them out..THANKS for keeping us up to date on things..AND no apologies needed for posting on my thread..HECK its for the good right?? Make sure to post pics..POST in my thread if you want..

WOW...FOR FREE!!..awesome..and kudos to them for doing so..BRAVO!! I will definately check them out..THANKS for keeping us up to date on things..AND no apologies needed for posting on my thread..HECK its for the good right?? Make sure to post pics..POST in my thread if you want..

And a bump with some pretty good news. I'm sitting in a pretty decent place to eat downtown, and it looks like I stole a certain brushed aluminum time machine, set the date back to 1985, snuck inside the St. Vitus Dance and raided Crockett's closet. Let's just hope I don't get busted. :DIn other words, my order came in. I'll be posting up a comprehensive order in a new thread pretty soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...