Jan Hammer score from Little Miss Dangerous without SFX

Crockettt

• Administrators

The fact that the volume occasionally goes down tells me any vocals and "most" of the sound effects were edited out. I know one person from our site used a karaoke machine to do it. Regardless of how it was done it sounds pretty good to me!

The fact that the volume occasionally goes down tells me any vocals and "most" of the sound effects were edited out. I know one person from our site used a karaoke machine to do it. Regardless of how it was done it sounds pretty good to me!

Yes, correct, but those tracks sound really good :) Maybe someday Dadrian will make covers of those. :)

Yes' date=' correct, but those tracks sound really good :) Maybe someday Dadrian will make covers of those. :)[/quote']Dadrian can do it and has been working on it for a while. There are a number of obscure sounds that are hard to duplicate. I expect him to someday produce covers of all the LMD tracks that sound like the originals.

I really like Jan's cue playing just after Miami Vice Theme. It's a reworked cue from very end of Smuggler's Blues

I really like Jan's cue playing just after Miami Vice Theme. It's a reworked cue from very end of Smuggler's Blues

Interesting Crockettt. Dadrian has the capability to edit out the voices from Hammer tracks. About four years ago he produced several from LMD and Yankee Dollar. I know I still have them even though I have changed computers several times. I'll find them and post them on photobucket or some similar site for everyone to hear.

• Administrators

Dadrian has plans to cover these but he won't do it until he has the right sounds.

Folks, this isn't that hard to do. All you need is a good program to rip the 5.1 audio channels from the DVD's. You then use an audio editing program like Goldwave and "rebuild" the song. By rebuild, I mean leave out the left and right channel (and usually the center one as well.)You would be surprised how much of the music can be heard with virtually no dialogue or sound effects when you just use the rest of the channels from the 5.1 mix. I've done the whole series and even unintentionally (a member here I shared the rips with posted some of them on youtube) fooled Tim Truman himself into thinking my rip of "Everything Inside Of Me" was a stolen early demo version. Now, you can spend as much time as you want mixing the tracks, adjusting the volume for the inevitable dips in volume where the dialogue is in the show. That parts up to you. I'm never satisfied with that aspect :).That being said, I also love Dadrian's work.