Matt5

#99 - Fruit of the Poison Tree

summer84

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing A.J.!  :fireworks:

• Like 1

Matt5
On 07/02/2018 at 2:49 PM, A.J. said:

Hey guys, it's A.J. here. Today is the day. I knew this day would come and that it would make you very happy.

I'm pleased to report that I found the VHS tape of the home video that I recorded during the filming of part of this episode at my house on Dec. 14, 1988. I digitized the tape for you guys and proudly present it to you here.

Keep in mind, I was 13 at the time. I think I operated the video camera for the first part, and then I must have handed the camera to someone else during the filming of the final shot of C+T driving up to the house. I'm the one in the dark grey sweatshirt with a SLR camera trying to take still photos of Don Johnson & Philip Michael Thomas in their car.

At the time, everyone in my family was mainly interested in and concerned with "The Explosion". That is what we had all of our attention on. In retrospect, I wish I had recorded more of Nicky and Gina, but I didn't know who they were. All we cared about were C+T, and things blowing up.

They did let me record from across the street during the rehearsal of C+T driving up to Gina. Notice that none of the house was on fire for the rehearsal. I had to move out of camera range when they were really filming, and I believe the final shot we captured in the video from the side is the one that made it into the episode.

This video contains the shot of the explosion that I showed in my living room to the people on the crew. Perhaps video assist hadn't been invented yet. I should have zoomed out, but I didn't realize how big the explosion would be.

Will you all examine this recording like it's the Zapruder Film? My guess is that for a few of you, yes you will. Enjoy!

Miami Vice home video - S5E9 "Fruit of the Poison Tree" (14Dec1988)

This is fantastic thankyou so much

Matt5
On 07/02/2018 at 3:52 PM, summer84 said:

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for sharing A.J.!  :fireworks:

It is great isn’t it :hippie:

C Glide

Very cool

airtommy
On 2/7/2018 at 5:49 PM, A.J. said:

Hey guys, it's A.J. here. Today is the day. I knew this day would come and that it would make you very happy.

I'm pleased to report that I found the VHS tape of the home video that I recorded during the filming of part of this episode at my house on Dec. 14, 1988. I digitized the tape for you guys and proudly present it to you here.

Miami Vice home video - S5E9 "Fruit of the Poison Tree" (14Dec1988)

OK, I finally had a chance to watch this.  Awesome!

I love the Miami Vice jackets some crew members were wearing.  Also, that kid with the fabulous mullet around the 9:00 mark. 

summer84

I thought it was all pretty cool. The Testarossa, crew working outside the house, some people taking pictures with PMT. And I especially love the rehearsing scenes with DJ, PMT and Saundra screaming for the boy killed by the explosion. I always imagine them doing several takes to get a scene right, but it seems it was a quick shooting. Although they only had a few lines for that scene, I think. 

Edited by summer84