Historic Art Deco Hotels Used in "MV"

ViceFanMan

I also want to add we have a great view of Clevelander Hotel in Miracle Man when Stan & Rico come to talk with Aguila. :)

lol yeah things went a little haywire, some hacker apparently, glad the site is back up though.with the cards thing wasnt that around Cool Running or the one with Bruce Willis? as I remember Crockett was killing time playing with them till it was show time or something.

Well...I guess we're back up! :D Some hacker I guess was causing problems. :evil: I noticed this past week some bizarre or weird things happening with the site...but didn't exactly know why at the time. But, hopefully that's now been taken care of.

Yeah, it was the Imperial Hotel where Crockett was playing cards...that's right! Awesome scene-clip and present day pics of the Imperial, Crockettt! :clap: That scene might be around "Cool Runnin'" or "No Exit" (the Bruce Willis one), as Kavinsky thought? It has not been that long since I saw the episode it was in...but for the life of me I can't remember exactly which one! :) That's sad, because I'm usually very good with remembering things like that. I need to get back with the program---because you need one to just know who the players are in Miami. :pI'll have to look the Clevelander Hotel up too. "Miracle Man" isn't one of my favorite episodes but it's okay...and I'll look for this hotel when I get to the episode. :cool:I've seen pics of The Colony Hotel before, but didn't remember if that one was in an "MV" episode or not? Thanks, Matt5 for the info on it too being seen in "Miracle Man"!

I need to get back with the program---because you need one to just know who the players are in Miami. :pI'll have to look the Clevelander Hotel up too. "Miracle Man" isn't one of my favorite episodes but it's okay...and I'll look for this hotel when I get to the episode. :cool:I've seen pics of The Colony Hotel before, but didn't remember if that one was in an "MV" episode or not? Thanks, Matt5 for the info on it too being seen in "Miracle Man"!

yeah I'm not entirely sure and the glossaries photos arent up yet, all the photos are missing at present.

here is what I dont get,I know they make money with it but why allow all those canopies and umbrellas along the sidewalks of the hotels? I know they are for the sidewalk food services.It clutters things and looks like crap. Plus the food that we got right outside of the Colony isnt all that great, hence the reason I ended up in the ER with an allergy to the shrimp dinner I got. And I am NOT allergic to shellfish!Also wonder, who authorizes restaurants outside of those hotels? Why not keep it the way it was in the 80's? The manager of the Colony told me to post a review on Tripadvisor and mention that the food served outside is NOT affiliated with the restaurant. They are a totally separate company.

That sounds like you should really talk to a proper health inspector about it from down there and ask around at the other hotels, cause that doesn't sound normal to me either.

That sounds like you should really talk to a proper health inspector about it from down there and ask around at the other hotels' date=' cause that doesn't sound normal to me either.[/quote']As I've mentioned before, the Deco District is not a good place to eat, either inside the hotels or on the street. I've haven't had the greatest experiences there. The dining rooms inside are usually crowded but the food and service is OK in some places like the Victor. My advice is go to Joe's Stone Crabs way down S. at 11 Washington Avenue. It's a little pricey but worth it since it is truly first class in every way.

That's too bad...I've not been to Miami Beach before, although I do plan to go sometime. That and Hawaii are sort of dream places to go for me. I've been to Hawaii (Oahu) once...but that's it. I was hoping that the food/restaurants were a little better quality with the hotels--both in and/or outside.I know that the umbrellas and stuff outside make the pictures of the hotels look crowded and cluttered...but if you're eating outside you'd probably want an umbrella to shield some of the sun. ;)But, if the food places outside are separate companies, and no one is monitoring them, then that is kind of scary! :eek: I wouldn't want to get sick for sure. :sick:When I finally go to Miami Beach, I still want to stay in one of the old art decos...but I might make it a point to eat at other, more reliable, restaurants. :thumbsup: But...I haven't heard anything about the drinks there being bad. :cheers:

That's too bad...I've not been to Miami Beach before' date=' although I do plan to go sometime. That and Hawaii are sort of dream places to go for me. I've been to Hawaii (Oahu) once...but that's it. I was hoping that the food/restaurants were a little better quality with the hotels--both in and/or outside.I know that the umbrellas and stuff outside make the pictures of the hotels look crowded and cluttered...but if you're eating outside you'd probably want an umbrella to shield some of the sun. ;)But, if the food places outside are separate companies, and no one is monitoring them, then that is kind of scary! :eek: I wouldn't want to get sick for sure. :sick:When I finally go to Miami Beach, I still want to stay in one of the old art decos...but I might make it a point to eat at other, more reliable, restaurants. :thumbsup: But...I haven't heard anything about the drinks there being bad. :cheers:[/quote']Although I stay in South Beach, I rarely have an evening meal at one of their restaurants. Plus you have to be extremely wary buying drinks in SoBe as they rarely have price lists so they can sting you - trust me, we were stung once & since then have been very careful.

extremely wary buying drinks in SoBe as they rarely have price lists so they can sting you - trust me, we were stung once & since then have been very careful.

Yeah, I bet that's true. But, I saw an episode of Anthony Bordain's "No Reservations" that took place in South Beach not too long ago. He stayed at the Raleigh Hotel, as he says he always does when going to Miami, and claims its bar is pretty good. He also of course showcased several Miami Beach restaurants where the food is good and are popular...but I can't remember their names! :)Oh well...nothing is ever "perfect" or as it seems on TV. ;) When and if I make it to Miami Beach I will have researched what I want to do, where to stay, and where to eat way before going. I'll probably talk to a lot of you, who have been their multiple times, and get your insights. :DOh yeah...was the Raleigh Hotel ever seen in an "MV" episode?

I just realized it was 2nd season's "Dutch Oven" where Crockett was playing cards (with I think Max) out front of the Imperial Hotel! :DAnyway, another question...was the Raleigh Hotel ever seen in an "MV" episode?

I just realized it was 2nd season's "Dutch Oven" where Crockett was playing cards (with I think Max) out front of the Imperial Hotel! :DAnyway' date=' another question...was the Raleigh Hotel ever seen in an "MV" episode?[/quote']Yes The Raleigh Hotel pool and back area was seen in Season 5s "Over the Line" when C&T visiti Izzy .:thumbsup::D

Yes The Raleigh Hotel pool and back area was seen in Season 5s "Over the Line" when C&T visiti Izzy .:thumbsup::D

Thanks...I'll look for that when I get to that episode. :cool:

Thanks...I'll look for that when I get to that episode. :cool:

That was only episode The Raleigh appeared in ,:D:shout:

That was only episode The Raleigh appeared in ' date=':D:shout:[/quote']So, the front of the hotel was never shown? Just wondering. :D

• 3 months later...
So' date=' the front of the hotel was never shown? Just wondering. :D[/quote']Sorry just seen this - no the front of The Raleigh was never shown but they filmed in the swimming pool area at the back for "Over the Line" .:thumbsup::cool::D

Sorry just seen this - no the front of The Raleigh was never shown but they filmed in the swimming pool area at the back for "Over the Line" .:thumbsup::cool::D

Yeah...just watched "Over the Line" a few nights ago, and saw the back pool area. Cool! :thumbsup:

Yeah...just watched "Over the Line" a few nights ago' date=' and saw the back pool area. Cool! :thumbsup:[/quote']We never saw the famous Delano Hotel on Collins either in MV :thumbsup::cool::D

• 7 months later...

Seen in French Twist , but from 1961

Blue Waters Hotel, Miami Beach, Florida.

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 2