Site unavailable / Seite nicht erreichbar

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Hi,as you might have noticed ;) our site was temporarily unavailable the past days. Don't know exactly what caused the problems, but with the error messages I got I did some research and hope I could change some server settings so far. I hope the server runs without any problems and our site is available as it should.Sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi,wie ihr bestimmt bemerkt habt, war die Seite in den vergangenen Tagen mehrfach nicht erreichbar. Ich weiss zwar nicht genau, woran es lag, aber aufgrund der Fehlermeldungen konnte ich manche Server-Einstellungen anpassen. Ich hoffe, dass der Server nun stabiler läuft und die Seite wieder durchgehend erreichbar ist.Bitte entschuldigt die Unannehmlichkeiten.

Hi,wie ihr bestimmt bemerkt habt, war die Seite in den vergangenen Tagen mehrfach nicht erreichbar. Ich weiss zwar nicht genau, woran es lag, aber aufgrund der Fehlermeldungen konnte ich manche Server-Einstellungen anpassen. Ich hoffe, dass der Server nun stabiler läuft und die Seite wieder durchgehend erreichbar ist.Bitte entschuldigt die Unannehmlichkeiten.

Its been happening off and on for the past few weeks, at least here in the US. Thanks for looking into the problem, hope you can get it fixed.

Its been happening off and on for the past few weeks' date=' at least here in the US. Thanks for looking into the problem, hope you can get it fixed.[/quote']Actually I've been seeing "Server Unavailable" messages intermittently now for several months.

• Administrators

I thought perhaps martijn and tif bought the site.

I don't know how many of our members actually got that one, but I did! :thumbsup:

I don't know how many of our members actually got that one' date=' but I did! :thumbsup:[/quote']No - I have had no chance to get it with the first read :confused:.What does a German does in such moments?One grabs to the hand of Mr. Google and HE;) did show me that :http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?756-Photo-of-tif-FERRARIMAN-martijnat least with me it has helped to understand the joke :):D:).

Don't know if Chris was working on the site or not but it has been down just about all day today.

Ditto here, kinda going on and off as of late.and also I got that message about not being able to post for 6 hours again last night when I came in to post on the discussion about S4.

• Administrators

miamiviceonline.com is back againWe are back again!After some hard work and a very short night our website is back again.As I told you before our site was hacked and used as a spam email server. That caused lots of traffic and because of this the site broke down and was unavailable.So I had to re-install our serve with the latest software and re-install our forum software and all the plug-ins.So far, so good. Most of the plug-ins should work quite fine. Some are still missing, like our Chatbox. I'm looking to install it as soon as possible.Our email service and our video chat are gone forever. I'm not going to install this software again. For our video chats maybe we can use Skype instead of our own video chat.

Wir sind wieder da!Nach viel harter Arbeit und einer kurzen Nacht sind wir wieder online.Wie bereits erwähnt wurde unsere Seite gehackt und als Spam-Email-Server missbraucht. Dies verursachte so viel Traffic, dass der Server zusammengebrochen ist und die Seite nicht mehr erreichbar war.Ich musste den Server komplett neu installieren und auch unsere Forensoftware mit all den Plug-Ins neu installieren.So weit, so gut. Die meisten Plug-Ins sollten wieder richtig arbeiten, einige fehlen noch, wie z.B. unsere Chatbox. Ich werde sehen, dass ich diese so schnell wie möglich wieder installiere.Unseren Video Chat und den Email Service wird es nicht mehr geben. Ich werde die Software nicht mehr installieren. Wir können für unsere Video Chats ja Skype nutzen.

Thank you Caipi for your hard work and dedication to get things running again. :thumbsup:I'm sure you had hours of work on this, if not days. Did the spammers access the site through the video chat or the email service (btw I wasn't familiar with the email service you referred to) ?

• Administrators

Did the spammers access the site through the video chat or the email service (btw I wasn't familiar with the email service you referred to) ?

Don't know if our video chat or email service caused the problem. I guess it came through our test forum we had installed on miami-vice.info. It was an older vBulletin version which had some security holes.

Don't know if our video chat or email service caused the problem. I guess it came through our test forum we had installed on miami-vice.info. It was an older vBulletin version which had some security holes.

Thanks for that. For my own curiosity though, what was that email service you referred to? I somehow overlooked that in the past.

• Administrators
Thanks for that. For my own curiosity though' date=' what was that email service you referred to? I somehow overlooked that in the past.[/quote']You could register your own email address (for example name@miamiviceonline.com). It had an user interface integrated to our website. It was an webmail service like hotmail, gmail etc.

Kavinsky reporting in, glad to see this is up on mothersday, ironically the same day the hummingbird finally came back too.Ruby Throated Male Hummingbird.