PMT's neustes Projekt

Ell.a

• Administrators

Vor ein paar Tagen erhielt ich eine Nachricht von PMT. Er ist wieder im Musikgeschäft aktiv geworden. :radio:PMT hat soeben die Aufnahme des Songs "Flesh of My Flesh", ein Duett mit der Jazzsängerin Kathy Yolanda Rice beendet. Der Song wurde von Kathy Yolanda Rice und Kelvin Wooten produziert. Die Endmischung und das Mastering wurde in den KDS Music Studios von David Mikeal und Philip Michael Thomas realisiert.Hier ist ein Artikel über das Projekt::

Just days before his 64th birthday celebration, Philip Michael Thomas is back and better than ever, with a renewed commitment to making music and a new duet with Jazz/Soul/Gospel artist Kathy Yolanda Rice. Their single, "Flesh of My Flesh", released today on Rice's Paintbrush Records label, is a testimony to the talent of both artists, and is available at major online retailers Amazon.com, iTunes, and CD Baby. "Flesh of My Flesh", from a gospel musical that Thomas wrote with the Archbishop Abuna Nathaniel Salem of the Ethiopian Coptic Church of North and South America, is a Gospel love song that depicts the relationship and devotion between Mary, the earthly mother of Jesus Christ, and Joseph, His earthly father. Thomas' and Rice's voices create a magical blend that beckons listeners to make an emotional connection to each romantic note in this beautiful creation. Thomas stated, "I have been sharing my music and lyrics with Kathy since we first met on MySpace in 2007. I've enjoyed listening to the smooth tone and texture of Kathy's voice for over five years now, and knew that when we chose the right song for us to sing together, it would be the cornerstone of our creative collaboration.When Kathy heard the demo of "Flesh of My Flesh", she said that she felt something special about the message in the song and asked for my permission to sing it. The rest is history." Rice shared her feelings as well. "Flesh of My Flesh, from Philip's Gospel musical "Emanuel", is one of my favorite compositions. I love it so much because it is faith/Christian based and speaks of what it is like to be loved by a man who knows and fears the Lord. The lyrics convey how wonderful it is to experience a love blessed by God. I enjoy songs with lyrics and music that will last forever. Philip has shared many of his original compositions with me and they all possess a timeless quality." While Thomas is most widely recognized for his roles as Ricardo Tubbs in Miami Vice and Stix in the movie Sparkle (Irene Cara), he is also a talented composer, multi-instrumentalist, and vocalist. Even so, the star of television, film, and Broadway, says "Music has always been and will always be my first love." He has graced the covers of such prestigious magazines as Essence, Ebony, Jet, Onyx, Rolling Stone, Right-On, Reggae Report, and Time. Thomas released his debut album "Living the Book of My Life" in 1986, and followed up with his sophomore album, "Somebody" in 1988. In 1993, he co-wrote "My, My, My Miami" with Kathy Rahill, which was later selected as Miami's city anthem. Thomas was also the co-composer for the musical Sacha, which he co-wrote with Sandi Morais. In 2001, he produced the music track for Sandi Morais' Golden Workout video, and in 2006, he produced the music track for her Tune-Up DVD workout. In 2008, he contributed five original compositions to and produced the music for "Music to Cook By" CD, which featured sensual reggae music and lyrical poetry for Sandi's Recipe for Life vegetarian cookbook. Thomas has starred in numerous television shows and films, and is indisputably one of the world's most revered celebrities. Rice is far from a novice in the music industry, having composed and produced her 10 track debut album, "After All These Years" in 2004. Born and raised in the cosmopolitan city of Huntsville, Alabama, her talent was recognized early. She began studying piano at age 6, and followed up with formal voice training at age 12. Rice received her B.S. in Music Education from Alabama A&M University. After establishing her own label in 2004, she continued to compose and record. Rice embarked on several high profile projects and collaborations in 2012. In February, she joined a lineup of prestigious women musicians on the Bobby Pin Diaries movie soundtrack, featuring her up tempo tune, "I've Gotta Find a Love". In August, Rice was the lyric soprano for the recording of the Walter Hawkins remake of "Jesus Christ Is the Way", by Nuove Mystique, which was later released by Warner Music Group. She was also a featured artist on the Women in Jazz: South Florida Volume III compilation CD, which was released in December 2012. Paul Anderson, Phoenix based KJZZ on air Jazz personality commented, "Flesh of My Flesh" is a powerful duet. After the dynamic intro with slick electric piano, and classic Quincy Jones synthesizer, Thomas and Rice connect with vocals that communicate a devoted love, with lyrics that emphasize faith, hope, love, and understanding. Listeners who are only familiar with Philip Michael Thomas' film and television work will discover that he has quite the voice, and one that is perfect for this ballad. Simply put, the gentleman can sing! The track contains smooth and heartfelt phrasing that should appeal to female listeners from the onset of the first words, "I do love you". Kathy Yolanda Rice's voice stuns with its beauty, range, and soulful smooth jazz sounds that will delight music enthusiasts who admire 'the real thing' as in the days of Quincy Jones, Anita Baker, Patti Austin, The Jazz Crusaders, and Roy Ayers. The duet is about two people who are strong in and committed to their relationship. The track features tight harmonies between Thomas and Rice, and Thomas contributes some vocal ad libs that adds just the right amount of soulful conviction when the band is vamping into the fadeout. This is Jazz/Soul/Gospel that unites all of the strongest elements shaping urban contemporary music. The mix is clean and the production is gimmick free. The time has come to hear more from Rice and her Paintbrush Records label. So far, the colors are beautiful and the horizons look very promising." Rice's previous single, "Love is Like a Sunny Day", released February 22nd on the Paintbrush Records label, is still climbing the charts. The song garnered spots on five CD Baby Charts after its release, and is still one of the top rated singles in the Jazz/Cool Jazz category. It is also finding success overseas, moving up from the 7th position on the May 12th UK Soul Chart to the 3rd position on the May 19th UK Soul Chart. "Love is like a Sunny Day" was co-written with Gary Swann and produced by the musical heavyweight and Grammy nominated Kelvin Wooten, who has generated hits for Anthony Hamilton, Jill Scott, Erykah Badu, and Kelly Price.Source: thejazznetworkworldwide.com

Philip gab mir noch diese Information:

The duet of Flesh of my Flesh was released on May 21, 2013. It is now ready to be downloaded on itunes, amazon and CD Baby. Kathy Yolanda Rice and I will be doing several interviews on radio, internet website radio and other print media adds etc.Our first half hour interview will at 9:30 a.m. EST on Friday May 24, 2013. With Larry Lee/ Host and the owner of The Flame WFLM 104.7FM (772) 460-9356. This interview can also be picked up on the web.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8009[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]8010[/ATTACH]

Das sind ja schöne Neuigkeiten. Vielen Dank für die Info. :flowers:PMT hat sich verdammt gut gehalten. Ist ein sehr schönes Foto von Ihm. :thumbsup::happy: