Memorial Day

miamijimf

Have a good weekend everyone and pause for a moment to remember what this day is all about.[ATTACH=CONFIG]8012[/ATTACH]

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

hmm kind of funny really, I had family on both sides of the great war, both wars actually, part german, part scottish so its kind of weird to see it and hear from both sides, its sobering to say the least, I just wish I could have met them.

and hell I still have all my grandfathers photos from the german side, taken from all the places he visited.

Edited by Kavinsky
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Have a great Memorial Day weekend, everyone! 

Remember the soldiers who died for us all.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 5/25/2014 at 7:27 PM, miamijimf said:

Have a good Memorial Day!

Eingefügtes Bild

Couldn't have said it any better.  Thank you to all those who have made the ultimate sacrifice, as well as all who put their lives on the line every day for our freedom.

• Like 1

As a veteran myself I fly my flag proudly and understand what this day really means.  Plus just today my wife learned that her father was a World War 2 veteran.  He served in the Navy and may have been a submariner at age 17.  He never talked about his time serving.  The family can only guess what horrors of war he saw.   

• Like 3

I'm not an American (sadly) but I'm from a military family,everyone in my big family are soldiers,even my mom did service.from childhood I dreamed to get in to service and actually when time had come I wore my uniform with such proud and honor and I did service with US troops but sadly life does not work as we all would want to.I had to choose either my dream come true of being in the army or give up on my dream and help my family.I gave up on my dream and went looking for work to earn money and buy needed medicine for my mother,because there would not be any happiness if I come back from service and find that my mother can not even get a glass of water because of the pain she was experiencing.I only managed to do basic training but never gave the oath that is why I do not consider that I did service (some people say that its not true what I think of my service time).it may be a bit too much info for a short thought I want to say a huge influence for my love to the military and veterans always did to me was the might and the dedication of brave men and women of US military,the best and the most powerful military in the world.people who carry their love to their country and the freedom over all odds and go through a hell on earth together with their allies just for people like me can live free in this world with out fear of what will come tomorrow.I always feel and always will endless respect to all the veterans and even that I did not become who I always wanted to be I salute all you brave men and women who knows the true meaning of defending the freedom.God Bless all who gave everything in the past,giving everything today and will give everything in the future for us at least have a future.

P.S.I hope I did not sound too stupid.one last words-I will always have my gratitude and respect to all service men and women of the world. 

Edited by Victor
  • Like 6

• 1 year later...

i live in Europe. and i still don't get how people are missing the importance of a united Europe. this just makes me sad, not to say more. Nowadays people don't realize how horrible war is. was reading Alan Seeger i have a rendezvous with death recently. man when i hear people voting for nationalism, i just want to crush them one with the other. it's just like if these sc.. were spitting on a war tomb in front of me you know. f.. mor.. sorry, but i had to take this out

Happy memorial day everyone.

• Like 2