" Over the Line " - Season 5

Matt5

Watched this episode last nite - throughly enjoyable and great locations.I visited the teaser house in Coconut Grove recently and 326 21st right by The Plymouth Hotel in Miami Beach . The cops were shot at the same apartment building from "Hell Hath No Fury " from a Season earlier.The limo drive scene doesnt look like S Douglas Road/ Main Highway though in my opinion.?And the water tower appears to be gone also from the C&T&Castillo scene .:DFrom the glossary - Shooting locations: 3346 William Avenue , Coconut Grove and grass on Grand Ave and Hibiscus St., Coconut Grove (teaser); Fairmont Gardens Restaurant , 1000 Collins Ave, Miami Beach (lunch with Castillo ; the starting picture shows Turnberry Isle Condo 19707 Turnberry Way, Aventura); Raleigh Hotel 1777 Collins Ave, Miami Beach (Izzy selling at the pool); Hamilton on the Bay Condominiums at Biscayne Bay (meeting Crockett /Tubbs with Hawkins, exterior shots); China Club , 1450 Collins Ave, Miami Beach (Crockett/Tubbs meet Hawkins/interior shots); Gibson Hall Christ Episcopal Church , 3481 Hibiscus St., Coconut Grove (Crockett/Tubbs see villain pictures); 326 21st Street , Miami Beach (Crockett/Tubbs enter the limo); South Douglas Road/Main Highway , Coconut Grove (limousine scenes); Warehouse 471 NE 79th St ., Miami (warehouse is robbed, Crockett /Tubbs watch); NE 81st Str. Canal Bridge (Crockett/Tubbs meet Castillo outside the office next to the water tower); beach at 18th Street , Miami Beach (Hawkins negotiates with Escalante); 3540 Bay Homes Drive , Coconut Grove (Steven's house); Beachway Apartments , 701 14th St. Miami Beach (Cops off duty are killed); 3952 South Douglas Road , Coconut Grove (Escalante's house, shooting at the end).

Presumably this is the small canal bridge C&T & Castillo were standing on at NE81st with NE82nd St in the b/g - near the location of the Welcome to Miami water tower .http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=n97cnd89hw7q&lvl=19.97&dir=358.28&sty=b&eo=0&form=LMLTCC:thumbsup::D

Yes, that is the location very near a now favorite Burn Notice filming location. Somewhere on this site we went thru the locations with some detail.

Yes' date=' that is the location very near a now favorite Burn Notice filming location. Somewhere on this site we went thru the locations with some detail.[/quote']Thought I got it SoflaJeremy that is the bridge ( wonder when the Welcome to Miami water tower went ) - suprised me now thread on "Over the Line" thats why I created one:thumbsup::D

• 2 years later...

Where did that list of locations come from?  There has been no discussion of them in this forum.  As far as I can tell, they just magically appeared on the Wikia site.  There are several that would be nearly impossible to suss out.  This must have come from a script.

There is one location that isn't listed:  at 14:02, C&T walk around a corner and suddenly a bunch of men in suits grab them and force them into a car.  This is too tough for me but it's not impossible.  There is a blurry street sign.  This is most likely in South Beach.

I agree that the limo driving doesn't look like Douglas Road.  Certainly the ending is in the same place that it starts - at 79th Street.  The causeway clip is on the 79th Street Causeway.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

All the location info of this ep came originally from me as I have the production notes and added them to my book and gave to Kaipi for use in the .org glossary. From there it was copied to the internet wikis by somebody. The abduction scene I could not find in the notes. The address of the limo driving scene is probably my mistake by wrong allocation of adress and scene.

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

The teaser starts at 3346 William Avenue in Coconut Grove and ends at Hibiscus/Grand Avenues but when we first see ice cream truck with a high zoom where is that ? Is that the buildings on Grand ?

IMG_3240.JPG

This is the overview of what is behind C&T in the limo (on NE4th Avenue) as they driving on the grass verge by the river.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.8488166,-80.1883854,63a,35y,270h,45.06t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

Different angle -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.8486199,-80.1889824,69a,35y,39.59t/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en

IMG_3243.JPG

IMG_3244.JPG

Edited by Matt5

Limo then continues Miami Beach bound on 79th St Cswy/JFK Cswy at this angle at the turn off for Pelican Harbor Park . I was here last month.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@25.848151,-80.1681672,3a,75y,287.74h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sN98Ws9VbTVV__er_9uu5tA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

IMG_3241.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

On 21/03/2017 at 7:37 PM, Tony D. said:

You photographed some nice Miami Vice locations, Matt! Thanks for sharing them with us. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tony !:fireworks:

On 3/21/2017 at 10:47 AM, Matt5 said:

The teaser starts at 3346 William Avenue in Coconut Grove and ends at Hibiscus/Grand Avenues but when we first see ice cream truck with a high zoom where is that ? Is that the buildings on Grand ?

IMG_3240.JPG

This is also on William Ave.  The camera is looking straight east to the end of the road.  The ice cream truck is going south on William and makes a right turn to go west on William.

On the right side of the picture you can see a beige or yellow building with a red staircase.  That's the back side of a building on Main Highway, just north of the Coconut Grove Playhouse.  The staircase is gone, but the window, drainpipes, and air conditioner are exactly the same.

The same building on Google Street View:

Over1.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, airtommy said:

This is also on William Ave.  The camera is looking straight east to the end of the road.  The ice cream truck is going south on William and makes a right turn to go west on William.

On the right side of the picture you can see a beige or yellow building with a red staircase.  That's the back side of a building on Main Highway, just north of the Coconut Grove Playhouse.  The staircase is gone, but the window, drainpipes, and air conditioner are exactly the same.

Over1.png

Great thankyou I will look it up !

On August 10, 2015 at 0:33 AM, airtommy said:

There is one location that isn't listed:  at 14:02, C&T walk around a corner and suddenly a bunch of men in suits grab them and force them into a car.  This is too tough for me but it's not impossible.  There is a blurry street sign.  This is most likely in South Beach.

Tom's production sheets give the location of the meeting with Hawkins as "China Club , 1450 Collins Ave, Miami Beach".  I believe this is also where they filmed C&T walking out of that meeting and getting abducted.  They walk around the corner and head north up Collins.  As they walk around the corner, the store across the street has a round white marble column.  That column is still there on the SW corner of Espanola Way & Collins Ave at Grillfish.

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, airtommy said:

Tom's production sheets give the location of the meeting with Hawkins as "China Club , 1450 Collins Ave, Miami Beach".  I believe this is also where they filmed C&T walking out of that meeting and gettin abducted.  They walk around the corner and head north up Collins.  As they walk around the corner, the store across the street has a round white marble column.  That column is still there on the SW corner of Espanola Way & Collins Ave at Grillfish.

Interesting ! I'll check that out 

On 3/27/2017 at 6:24 AM, airtommy said:

Over1.png

Yes ! Got it and matched up on Google maps. 

You said they were heading south on William and then turned right/ west onto William - did you mean turn west onto Margaret St?!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/3346+William+Ave,+Miami,+FL+33133,+USA/@25.7269525,-80.245978,719a,35y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b7c4c84be9cb:0x53a5ae98249e62d6!8m2!3d25.72615!4d-80.247362

Close up - off the Main Hway 

https://binged.it/2nwwnqG

Edited by Matt5

On 4/1/2017 at 6:09 AM, airtommy said:

Tom's production sheets give the location of the meeting with Hawkins as "China Club , 1450 Collins Ave, Miami Beach".  I believe this is also where they filmed C&T walking out of that meeting and getting abducted.  They walk around the corner and head north up Collins.  As they walk around the corner, the store across the street has a round white marble column.  That column is still there on the SW corner of Espanola Way & Collins Ave at Grillfish.

Yes that is it they walk North just past Jerry's (Senor Frogs) at 1450 Collins off Espanola Way  - that is the column from Grillfish in the bg 

https://www.google.at/maps/@25.7872606,-80.1305625,3a,37.5y,221.7h,79.68t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snhmdtpWsa4iaet0CaOITsg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=de

IMG_3330.JPG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

The car C&T got into must have been parked on Collins Court looking to Jerrys Deli as the street sign I can make out as Espanola Way just :thumbsup:

https://www.google.at/maps/@25.7868957,-80.1311596,3a,75y,17.09h,87.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sc15SVZiTCpdqhMx6DjnVaw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=de

IMG_3331.JPG

Edited by Matt5

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

You said they were heading south on William and then turned right/ west onto William - did you mean turn west onto Margaret St?!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/3346+William+Ave,+Miami,+FL+33133,+USA/@25.7269525,-80.245978,719a,35y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x88d9b7c4c84be9cb:0x53a5ae98249e62d6!8m2!3d25.72615!4d-80.247362

It's not Margaret.  William Ave is mostly an east/west road, but at its far eastern end it turns north for a block and goes up to Thomas Ave.  

13 hours ago, Matt5 said:

The car C&T got into must have been parked on Collins Court looking to Jerrys Deli as the street sign I can make out as Espanola Way just :thumbsup:

https://www.google.at/maps/@25.7868957,-80.1311596,3a,75y,17.09h,87.93t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sc15SVZiTCpdqhMx6DjnVaw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=deIMG_3331.JPG

No, Collins Court is not wide enough.  In your screenshot you can see there is an alley for Crockett's car and also space for cars to park sideways.  That's a parking lot.

This was filmed realistically.  The first cut shows C&T turning onto Collins northbound.  The second cut, when they get abducted, is walking northbound on Collins..  The background building in your photo ("OFFICE -->") is the north side of the Jerry's Deli/Senor Frog building.  

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

On 03/04/2017 at 4:43 AM, airtommy said:

No, Collins Court is not wide enough.  In your screenshot you can see there is an alley for Crockett's car and also space for cars to park sideways.  That's a parking lot.

This was filmed realistically.  The first cut shows C&T turning onto Collins northbound.  The second cut, when they get abducted, is walking northbound on Collins..  The background building in your photo ("OFFICE -->") is the north side of the Jerry's Deli/Senor Frog building.  

You mean here - so they were parked in the Haddon Hall parking lot next door 

IMG_3350.PNG

• Like 1