01 Foreword, Vorwort

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

On September 16 1984, the revolutionary TV series "Miami Vice" debuted on US television. Conceived as "MTV cops", the series uniquely combined the best elements of other genres: music from MTV, colors, fashion, beautiful women, fast cars and tropical locations were assembled to an outstanding mix. The series hit the 80s by storm and has since become a TV-cult program. Terminated after 5 years, "Miami Vice" is experiencing a revival today, 20 years after its first run. Due to several 80s-shows and the conclusion of TV viewers that series with similar innovation potential have become scarce, teenagers are discovering the series that already fascinated their parents. Increasing demand for "Vice" on DVD, several fan sites on the internet and the 20 years-anniversary (including the movie by Michael Mann) have boosted the availability of additional information about the series. As full fledged fan and episode admin of the German-speaking fan site www.miamiviceonline.com, I hereby make the attempt to collect all facts about the series' episodes in a single unofficial episode fact book, with much background information being collected and published for the first time. Even advanced fans are likely to find a load of new information herein. The aim of this book is to offer numerous fans of the series a reliable and unique reference and to give long overdue tribute to a revolutionary TV series.Research for this book has lasted for over 20 years and has been based on reliable sources including series participants and production notes. I therefore stand for the data given herein as I gathered, checked and compared them thoroughly. Nevertheless, I can not take any responsibility for their correctness. Should any reader have new or contradictory information, I would greatly acknowledge a mail (miamivicebook@yahoo.de)This book is strongly based on personal research but it would not have been completed without support from numerous persons, especially Maverick, soflajeremy, DanJ, Matt5, airtommy and last, but not least, Rick Bravo junior, who worked on the set throughout the first two seasons. Thanks are also due to all fans that encouraged me to publish this book.Have fun and enjoy! Tom, March 2007 Vienna, Austria

Ende September 1984 startete im US-Fernsehen eine revolutionäre TV-Serie:"Miami Vice". Als "MTV-Cops" konzipiert, bediente sich die Serie ungeniert in anderen Genres: Musik, Farben, Mode, schöne Frauen, schnelle Autos und tropische Locations wurden zu einem grellen Mix verbunden. Die Serie schlug ein wie eine Bombe und wurde Mitte der 80-er zum Kult. Nach 5 Jahren als Modeerscheinung eingestellt, erlebt sie heute, nach 20 Jahren, ein Revival. Im Gefolge diverser "Die 80-er" Retroshows und der bitteren Erkenntnis, dass es kaum mehr TV-Serien mit ähnlichem Innovationsfaktor gibt, entdecken jetzt auch Jugendliche, was ihren Eltern schon gefiel. Die ständig wachsende Nachfrage nach "VICE" auf DVD, einige Fansites im Internet und das 20-Jahre Jubiläum haben viele neue Details über die Serie zu Tage gefördert. Als Fan der ersten Stunde und Episodenadministrator der deutschen Fansite www.miamiviceonline.com mache ich hiermit den Versuch alle Fakten über die Folgen der Serie sowie viele neue Hintergrundinformationen in einem Factbook zu vereinen. Selbst eingefleischte Fans werden auch in dieser Ausgabe wieder eine Fülle neuer Informationen finden.Vielen Dank an alle die mir bei den Recherchen behilflich waren, besonders Maverick fürs Musiktracking sowie Mathias und Rick Bravo junior für die Hilfe bei den Drehorten. Tom Juli 2006, Wien

• Like 1