Is there any noticeable difference between a standard Bren Ten and Crockett's?

CaptainCrazy

I'm working on a little project and i've been looking at a lot of reference pictures on Google for good pictures of the Bren Ten. The best one i can find is this one: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=341462101It has a LOT of pictures, at least 50, showing various angles of the weapon including interior, but i can't really see much of a difference between this one and the one that Crockett uses, apart from the colour and the barrel, to me, looks a bit shorter.Do you think that this is a good reference to go on or could you point me in the right direction as to which one to look for?Many thanks!

Can O worms basicallyhttp://www.bren-ten.com/website/id3.htmlThat version your looking at is one done up by a shop called the marksman shop out of California in the Bren Ten's Original caliber, .45 ACPone of 200 made supposedly, probably one of the only really safe to shoot guns given that Norma overloaded the 10mm ammo, which was supposed to be loaded to 200 grains at 1000 FPSbut loaded at 1300 basically power weight wise 30 grains less than 45 ACP at a 150 FPS extra velocity to give the round a flatter trajectory.and with the production troubles with Mosture in the frames and slides, well that's probably why the price is so expensive for that onegiven that the marksman shop I believe (not a 100% sure) did the slide and the frame for it and probably had better QC for itCrockett's gun however was a Black Coated Variant in Heart Of Darkness at First, caliber supposedly .45 acp, unknown if it was truebut possible given the only .40 call blanks they could have done back then were for the .44 - 40 cartridge, hell even today you usually see blank firing guns only in 9mm and .45but anyways the Variant was Called the M and P, basically the Frame was coated black along with the slide in a gloss blue as seen herehttp://www.miamiviceonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8102&stc=1&d=1372125886Eingefügtes BildJust like the Early Sig Sauer P220/Browning BDA heel release in the pilot Although by the time they shot the first part of that episode, the gun had the slide hardchromed and the frame polished back to normal.Eingefügtes Bildhowever they left the barrel coated black, either by accident or on purposeEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildWhich showed up in French Twist and Yankee Dollar Respectively

post-592-13892965685938_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the informative reply! It's kinda funny because this is the model i actually started to work from and it looks identical to it. But knowing exactly what it's called is a big help :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks for the informative reply! It's kinda funny because this is the model i actually started to work from and it looks identical to it. But knowing exactly what it's called is a big help :thumbsup:Eingefügtes Bild

ah yeah that's the standard model, can tell just by the serial number. It says SM in there, the M and P has the same deal going for it.