Is that backing in Crockett's Theme an arpeggiator or something else?

CaptainCrazy

I'm talking about the main constantly changing notes that accompany the intro with the hi-hats and kick drum at the beginning.A fellow musician said to me that it doesn't sound like that, this is what she said:It sound sw like just the tonic of the chordat most it is 4 16th notes at the tonic and 4 16th notes at thew 5th a then back to the tonic againit is mainly the drum beat that masles it feel arpeggiatedand the crappy 80s synth soundsI don't agree with the whole crappy 80s synth thing that she said though!It sounds too pre-meditated to be an arpeggiator to me =-/

• 7 months later...

I'm talking about the main constantly changing notes that accompany the intro with the hi-hats and kick drum at the beginning.A fellow musician said to me that it doesn't sound like that, this is what she said:It sound sw like just the tonic of the chordat most it is 4 16th notes at the tonic and 4 16th notes at thew 5th a then back to the tonic againit is mainly the drum beat that masles it feel arpeggiatedand the crappy 80s synth soundsI don't agree with the whole crappy 80s synth thing that she said though!It sounds too pre-meditated to be an arpeggiator to me =-/

If you listen to it, it changes. Ive heard he used Roland Jupiter 8 for bass if I remember right. Also of course the fairlight with

ability to sample what ever he wanted. I can not believe Hammer using just a straight arpeggio. He has extremely good taste

on synth patches he used and he would modify them a little bit to keep them interesting..I think he just played the part like that. I would not be surprised if that was the fairlight.. I mean heck, he could take the Jupiter 8

bass and sample it.. Then bring it to fairlight.. So he could basically write the score just like on a modern DAW (digital audio

workstation) and then change it to fit the underlying chords..

You gotta love the guy..

Antti

Edited by Aluode