Porsche 944 in Auction, purported to be driven by DJ in MV

Sonny-Burnett

Remember this one from Ebay? Same car and same misrepresentations. ...and probably about $25K overpriced for its FAKE celebrity status.http://www.autabuy.com/Vehicles/Details.cfm?VID=690252&Year=1984&Make=Porsche&Model=944Here's the ad:1984 PORSCHE 944 A very special piece of Porsche history and the hit TV show Miami Vice This 1984 Porsche 944 was seen driven by start Don Johnson on Miami Vice ONLY 24K orig miles It has been 90 percent restored and runs great The engine was completely rebuilt New Carpet To much to list The car would be viewed weekly at car shows and really appreciated by many fans 5 speed manual transmission This collectors car come with Authenticity paperwork framed along with other amazing items Including an autographed picture of Don Johnson wearing a summer sports coat The title is clear I am wanting to make a deal and get this piece in the hands of a collector or a lover of Porsche or Miami Vice Full financing nationwide shipping and extended warranties available for qualified buyers Price: $37,500. TraderNet 443-474-7494 SEVERN, MD Yeah I bet he wants to "make a deal".

Pure BS is my read.... Why the hell would DJ drive a 944 when 930s or even proto 959s would be available....hell, season 1 M Mann's 930 was used for an ep...

Pure BS is my read.... Why the hell would DJ drive a 944 when 930s or even proto 959s would be available....hell' date=' season 1 M Mann's 930 was used for an ep...[/quote']You're dead on correct of course, as there is an identically-titled thread in here that had been closed where the entire car, photos, jackets, and even a supposed Bill of Sale from Universal were completely debunked. Have a look here: http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16913-Porsche-944-in-Auction-purported-to-be-driven-by-DJ-in-MV&highlight=porsche

and also Richard Hammond during the episode where they pitted an F40 against a 959 stated that apparently Don Johnson HAD owned a 959 back then as well.leading even less credence to the idea that he had that 944So I seriously doubt he would have been driving what My Cousin Martin from germany called a Volks Porsche back then (the engine is supposedly out of a volkswaggen, like the 914 from the late 60's and early 70's)

and also Richard Hammond during the episode where they pitted an F40 against a 959 stated that apparently Don Johnson HAD owned a 959 back then as well.leading even less credence to the idea that he had that 944So I seriously doubt he would have been driving what My Cousin Martin from germany called a Volks Porsche back then (the engine is supposedly out of a volkswaggen' date=' like the 914 from the late 60's and early 70's)[/quote']Nope not driven by DJ--have a look at the old thread where it was debunked. Recall that the seller supposedly had a bill of sale from Universal, but both the letterhead and the signature were FAKE. Recall the seller had a Jacket that was supposedly worn by DJ and included in a signed photo of DJ as Crockett.....both debunked as Coop owned the actual jacket in the photo and the signature was clearly not Don Johnson's. Then the claim that it was driven in the series was debunked as there was only one Porsche scene with DJ and it was a different model.

don't know if DJ owned a 959 IRL but the 959 were very exclusive cars . there were only 200 built . same for the F40 . don't know what you guys are talking exactly about , but never saw such cars in MV . and it's going the same with the 944 , i can't remember i ever saw such car in MV . concerning the 944 i think it could have been possible in theory for DJ to drive such cars at that time , but as a working/service car maybe . but it seems very difficult to proove such thing . and why DJ would have been driving a Porsche as the series star car was a Ferrari , and Porsche was one of the (rare) competitor of Ferrari at that time

don't know if DJ owned a 959 IRL but the 959 were very exclusive cars . there were only 200 built . same for the F40 . don't know what you guys are talking exactly about ' date=' but never saw such cars in MV . and it's going the same with the 944 , i can't remember i ever saw such car in MV . concerning the 944 i think it could have been possible in theory for DJ to drive such cars at that time , but as a working/service car maybe . but it seems very difficult to proove such thing . and why DJ would have been driving a Porsche as the series star car was a Ferrari , and Porsche was one of the (rare) competitor of Ferrari at that time[/quote']The seller of this 944 claimed the car was used in Miami Vice and driven by DJ. If you have a look at the original thread with the same title here (http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?16913-Porsche-944-in-Auction-purported-to-be-driven-by-DJ-in-MV&highlight=porsche) , you will see Ferrariman identified that the only Porsche driven by DJ in MV was in "Forgive Us Our Debts" and it was a 1978 Porsche 911 SC Targa. He never drove a 944 in the series or any other Porsche to my recollection.

what the guy that is selling the car maybe wanted to say it's that that 944 has maybe been driven by DJ during the series but not necessarily in the series . but 37 000 $ for a 944 whose origin is difficult to proove is very expensive . in France you can find these cars for less than 3000E

what the guy that is selling the car maybe wanted to say it's that that 944 has maybe been driven by DJ during the series but not necessarily in the series . but 37 000 $ for a 944 whose origin is difficult to proove is very expensive . in France you can find these cars for less than 3000E

You're giving the Seller way too much credit for being honest. I actually called the latest Seller of this car and asked him why he claimed it was used in the Series, and he said that he knew it was. I told him that the car NEVER was shown in the series and asked what proof he had. Rather than discussing it further, as you would expect an honest seller to do, he decided to instead rudely hang up on me. Just one more SCAMMER trying to steal money from unsuspecting buyers. Next step...see if the listing entity will remove the car.