Rare '80s music

BlueAir

This thread is for those of you who want to post rare and obscure music of the '80s.It can be anything from lesser known songs of big bands to those that never touched the charts.I want to start it off with this little gem!

Ooh good topic! I've been listening to some of Southside Johnny & The Asbury Jukes' more obscure tracks lately, so some those came instantly to mind. I can't find 'Why" on Youtube, so here's this:http://youtu.be/cvS58sxIG40Also, and Viceman Cometh will be with me on this, one from the Northeast Ohio area:http://youtu.be/V2K9ArYPbJgOne more:http://youtu.be/kkh7pihtgU8

• 5 weeks later...

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=64ZtGaTa-R0

I used to have a youtube account that I uploaded Boowy music videos and TV appearances on. Every single one of the Boowy videos I uploaded had 1.5-2+ million views. Not surprisingly I got taken down since I obviously was not the band or the record company. What was interesting about it was that TONS of Japanese dudes in their 40s kept writing to me and thanking me for uploading songs by their favorite band. They'd talk about how they listened to them when they were growing up and going to high school and college. That was interesting since I was just some dude in his early 20s who'd never even been to Japan. I had no idea how big that band was among guys of a certain age. I'd thought most of their fans had been chicks, but nope it was mostly dudes. Even the youtube demographics charts I had on my account showed that. I just wish that the band or the record company would upload their music videos. I like the band and think they are doing a disservice to themselves since you can't really see or hear them in America and you can't really download their songs anywhere (last time I checked they only had one album on itunes and it wasn't one of the really cool ones like Psychopath.)There are a lot of genuinely good Japanese rock bands and musicians out there. Most of whom are totally unknown outside of Japan. When you do come across one, and you know their work, you can't even find out much of anything about them or their music. It just isn't documented in English or some other gaijin tongue so nothing comes up on search engines or wikipedia type sites.Oh and thanks for sharing that video. I've heard of her, but never seen or heard anything by her.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Sorry to bump an old thread but I found this catchy song from Germany by this group/or guy called Mauro.Awesome cover art too:sick:

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Gazebo...I love that song!

I also like the post of TNT.

Funny...I consider myself quite an audiophile and I am surprised I never hear of that band until now. Surprizingly your correct about the capabilities of the tenor voice as it is quite good. they never broke into the Canadian market place but other European bands such as Propoganda did well over here and the like.

I saw FM in concert a couple of times and also went to a Supertramp Concert where Nash the Slash was the opening act. A night to remember...

Here in Niagara I used to listen to a very progressive alternative station called CFNY and they played all the coolest music of the 80's back then. Stuff you would never hear on any other radio station. Now of course it is considered classic and the kids eat it up on you tube etc but I remember being there enjoying this modern music when it came out. Sadly todays alternative music lacks a bit of lustre. I listen to a station in Buffalo NY and its playlist is not the top 40 or classic stiff of other stations but it seems to lack some "gene say quaw" (sorry about the French spelling)

The thing about Miami vice was there was such a broad variety of really good music to choose from back in those days and they seemed to have aired some really good stuff and left out a lot. Well sadly there were a definitive number of episodes and an infinite amount of great music. 

Keep it coming.