BlueAir's guide to Vice style shirts

BlueAir

The one thing I love about MV is the style.Everything is half formal and half casual with color and style.Unfortunetly todays styles have guys with dark blazers,untucked buttoned up shirts,and jeans.Its a good look but its what every guy wears,but not most of us here that is:pHere I will give out suggestions with shirts to add with your blazers.V-NecksV-necks will add a nice modern touch to the Vice look while still maintaining an authentic look.Most of my v-necks are from Arizona Jeans which can be found at JC Penny.They are made of light cotton and come in many colors ranging from seafoam to pastel yellow.Not much to talk about v-necks accept the "v" makes a good spot to hang your shades on;)http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1177_6732_359&catId=cat6040121HenleysHenley shirts are a must to have for the Vice collection.The companys that I got are American Eagle and Arizona Jeans.I absolutely love the ones that American Eagle makes.They mostly have two buttons but are still pretty nice and are light cotton.The ones that Arizona Jeans has is alright but the ones I got are a bit stiff around the button areas and doesn't flop down.http://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=4165_6769_104&catId=cat6040121Tank TopsIt is true that Crockett as far as I know didn't wear any tank tops but hear me out.Crockett has worn shirts that have a neckline that is lower than regular t-shirts and most tank tops have that same neckline.Tank tops to me do the job nicely and you can hardly tell with a blazer on.You can find them everywhere from Wal-Mart to JC Penny.JC Penny has them with many colors from light green to dark pink.All in all tank tops look great with blazers and looks nice with the lower neckline.http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/arizona-solid-tank-/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002510087&catId=cat100290036&deptId=dept20000014&N=4294966280&Nao=48&pN=3&topDim=Sleeve+Length&topDimvalue=sleeveless&dimCombo=Sleeve+Length%7C&dimComboVal=sleeveless%7C&currentDim=Sleeve+Length&currentDimVal=sleevelessButton Down ShirtsButton down shirts are a good substitute for a blazer and are not far from Vice since Crockett wore one in the end of "Give a Little,Take a little".The company I prefer is Izod,they make nice button downs and come in nice colors.With colored jeans,slip-on shoes,and a good shirt a Vice colored button down will make for a decent Miami Vice look.http://izod.com/T-ShirtsVice color shirts are everywhere in stores and online.There is really no wrong way about them accept that it should follow the Vice color code.I found these shirts and are pretty nicehttp://www.ae.com/web/browse/product.jsp?productId=1164_6733_453&catId=cat6040121Sleeveless ShirtsAnother Vice standard,sleeveless shirts.You can find these shirts in Wal-Mart.The ones in Wal-Mart are Fruit of the Loom.ColorColor is everything in a Vice shirt.Season 1 and 2 had pastel shades while season 3 had darker colors.Pastel blue,pink,and yellow are standard colors.Pastel green is also a great color and goes with alot of clothes.Season 3 colors would be kelly green,lilac,magenta,black,grey,medium yellow,purple,and any other darker shades.Pale shades of yellow,green,and pink goes with alot of blazers while colors such as kelly green and magenta are harder to work with.Vice colors are also a good way to blend with what time of day your're in and how you are feeling.Remember,it is alright wearing pink as long as you don't over do it.Too much pastel is not a bad thing:cool:

I need to work on my tan before i buy some pastel stuff.Otherwise i'll look like a ghost, a sexy 80s ghost:cool:

I bought a bunch of Henley t-shirts from American Eagle outfitters this year. They are really comfortable shirts and slightly more interesting than your average t-shirt.

Great post Blueair! I even like a few colors offered up in some of those links. Too bad it's hard to find a horizontal striped long sleeve button up shirt that's Vice worthy.

• 2 weeks later...

Tank TopsIt is true that Crockett as far as I know didn't wear any tank tops but hear me out.Crockett has worn shirts that have a neckline that is lower than regular t-shirts and most tank tops have that same neckline.Tank tops to me do the job nicely and you can hardly tell with a blazer on.You can find them everywhere from Wal-Mart to JC Penny.JC Penny has them with many colors from light green to dark pink.All in all tank tops look great with blazers and looks nice with the lower neckline.http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/arizona-solid-tank-/prod.jump?ppId=pp5002510087&catId=cat100290036&deptId=dept20000014&N=4294966280&Nao=48&pN=3&topDim=Sleeve+Length&topDimvalue=sleeveless&dimCombo=Sleeve+Length%7C&dimComboVal=sleeveless%7C&currentDim=Sleeve+Length&currentDimVal=sleeveless

I take that back as I watched "Love at First Sight" on TV today and he wore this.Eingefügtes BildSo this is a justifiable reason to use tank tops with the Vice style which is cool.Glad I caught that today:cool:

A rule of thumb about sleeveless shirts.I'm not sure if this goes for all sleeveless shirts though.If your're going to get one from Wal-Mart buy a size smaller as it would be a more tight fit.If you get one in your regular size it will be too big.If it were me I would do the same if I ordered a sleeveless shirt online.On color,magenta is the closest color you can get to red in the Vice world.I got a magenta t-shirt from Wal-Mart and it goes well with blue and pink.In winter time season 1 and 2 colors will look wierd in the streets where its cold,grey,and brown.Lucky for us Crockett wore dark colors as well!Season 4 and 5 styles will work great in a winter setting.Crockett wore grey shirts and pants quite a few times in season 4 along with other darker colors.Darker blazers like grey and black will do great!For autumn season where it gets chilly,go and try the windbreaker look that Crockett had in Season 3.Since those windbreakers are hard to find I would just get a Members Only jacket.They have these bomber jacket style cloth cuffs and bottom trim on them but they don't seem to be too much of an issue.If the sleeve legnth is long enough the cuffs can be tailored to be removed if you want.They look decent and close to what he wore.Grey,purple,and white will be your primary colors for these.You can find a good priced one on ebay.Some golf jackets look similar too so look for those as well.In all,there are styles in Miami Vice that are suitable for each season:cool:

A rule of thumb about sleeveless shirts.I'm not sure if this goes for all sleeveless shirts though.If your're going to get one from Wal-Mart buy a size smaller as it would be a more tight fit.If you get one in your regular size it will be too big.If it were me I would do the same if I ordered a sleeveless shirt online.On color' date='magenta is the closest color you can get to red in the Vice world.I got a magenta t-shirt from Wal-Mart and it goes well with blue and pink.In winter time season 1 and 2 colors will look wierd in the streets where its cold,grey,and brown.Lucky for us Crockett wore dark colors as well!Season 4 and 5 styles will work great in a winter setting.Crockett wore grey shirts and pants quite a few times in season 4 along with other darker colors.Darker blazers like grey and black will do great!For autumn season where it gets chilly,go and try the windbreaker look that Crockett had in Season 3.Since those windbreakers are hard to find I would just get a Members Only jacket.They have these bomber jacket style cloth cuffs and bottom trim on them but they don't seem to be too much of an issue.If the sleeve legnth is long enough the cuffs can be tailored to be removed if you want.They look decent and close to what he wore.Grey,purple,and white will be your primary colors for these.You can find a good priced one on ebay.Some golf jackets look similar too so look for those as well.In all,there are styles in Miami Vice that are suitable for each season:cool:[/quote']thank you pal, for the info :):thumbsup::cool:

He did wear windbreakers in Season 3 - but not as many times as the dark navy / black / grey suits and jackets .:thumbsup::cool::D

Got that right!I wish I could find a blazer like this.Eingefügtes BildIt has a cool and unique pattern on it and I want it!He also wears alot of collarless button down shirts in later seasons but I can't seem to find anything like it.Crockett looked up to style even when the '80s went from pastel to grey!