Does Crockett roll his jacket sleeves up?

BlackJack

I was in a recent argument with a non-Vice fan who was adamant the vice look was to roll my white jacket sleeves up.I said Crockett had several thick shirts which he wore over his t-shirt and he may well have rolled the sleeves up, but they were not jackets. Moreover, the classic vice look, which is the white suit we see Crockett wearing in his opening scene outside the Carlyle Hotel, does not involve rolled up sleeves.Am a right about this? Is it fair to say Crockett never rolled up his jacket sleeves, esp his classic white jacket?

He did but rarely rolled up his blazer sleeves.He kept it rolled down mostly.When he had those windbreakers in season 3 he rolled them up most of the time.I don't know how the Miami Vice roll-up sleeves came to be,he hardly did it.My best guess is that it was something that just stuck with guys at the time dressing the style.It probably went down like this:)Vicer 1:Man it is HOT how does Crockett stand wearing the sleeves down.Vicer 2:Roll 'em up then man.Vicer 1:But thats not how he does it man.Vicer 2:Just do it,not gonna kill 'ya,it'll look better man.Vicer 1: Dude this is a sweet look,this is how it should be done man!Vicer 2:Told 'ya dude.

Depends what counts as a blazer...I can't say if these outfits were all seen in episodes or if some were just from promotional pictures. I suppose a garment counts as blazer if it has lapels, as these do.http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?n=5842http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?n=5722http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?n=5206http://www.miamiviceonline.com/photoplog/index.php?n=4983It does seem the blazers in which he rolled up the sleeves are more baggy, not so fitted as a traditional blazer.

There were quite a few episodes that had special jackets that actually had a small tab with a button to "button up" the sleeve to shorten it up. I think this was the clothes from "Parachute"?I know the Armani jackets did not have this, but yes maybe he scrunched them up in a couple of episodes but usually the "high end" Armani and imported jackets were worn sleeves down.I don't know exactly where I saw it, but in Coops clothes section he has some great pics of these particular jackets and the ones with the "sleeve shorteners" are well documented with closups. I wish Coop would chime in and say exactly where it is located, but if you look in that section you can see the great pics posted on this site.

I think the windbreakers he had were made of very thin silk as well, so it wouldn't be as uncomfortable as rolling up the sleeves on a blazer with thick fabric.Although with Crockett flying all over the place in the S3 gunfights I bet he wished, or rather his stuntman wished they still had the blazers as I'd hate to see how badly banged up his elbows and kneecaps were after a few takes. unless they had some pretty good pads on them.Also as a sidenote Cooper said something about robert stalk making industrial silk ones that he might have worn in S5 or rather an alternative to the expensive ones he was probably wearing. so maybe the windbreakers were more exotic and cheaper than the blazers hence the change in S3.

whenever the 80's are parodied in movies or tv they have some guy dressed as Crockett with rolled up sleeves. He only rolled them up a few times though

whenever the 80's are parodied in movies or tv they have some guy dressed as Crockett with rolled up sleeves. He only rolled them up a few times though

No he had them rolled up a lot - I was watching Season 3 and 5 lately and he rolled up sleeves on his jackets in many episodes and scenes:thumbsup::D

I agree as I do recall seeing Sonny with his sleeves rolled up a few times in a jacket. I'm not experienced in the 80's era jackets and how much material there is in the arms, yet todays linen jackets that are kinda close to the right 'look'(and I do wish you could get padded shoulders today too) there isn't an abundance of extra material in the sleeves to roll up. I'm 5'9" and weigh 180 so I'm kinda skinny and there's no way I can have any comfort rolling up a jacket one or even two rolls. I know 6 months ago when I was working out, the sleeves felt snug without a roll. Now that I've trimmed down and stopped pushing weight, they feel looser yet I'm not about to try to roll up some sleeves... I've also been stuck on season 4 for awhile, and I still wonder why.... Mike

I watched "Gods Work" on Centric today and he had on a very thin white blazer with the sleeves rolled up halfway on his forearms.I haven't seen him roll up sleeves much in season 1 and 2.Rolled up or not Crockett always looked great in every episode!

In Season 3 he does it a lot with his darker navy Giorgio Armani and Hugo Boss suits as well as in Season 5.:shout::D:thumbsup: