“Woman stops gator attack with a small Beretta pistol"

cageyJG

Your king of the strange news forum is back again, with this: “Woman stops gator attack with a small Beretta pistol." This is a story of self control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator. What is the smallest caliber that you would trust to protect yourself? A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.Here is her story: While out walking along the edge of a bayou just below Houma, Louisiana with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator suddenly emerging from the murky water and charging us with its large jaws wide open. She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 caliber pistol with me I would not be here today! Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took. The gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace. It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus ... the amount I saved in lawyer's fees was worth more than the purchase price of this gun. :)

Well that's something they never really mention about guns really, if your out in the bush, desert or Alaksa you do actually have to worry about getting attacked by animals.Especially bears in alaska, never get inbetween a mother and its cubs not unlike those people who parked themselves on a bear trail back about 15 years ago and paid the ultimate price for it, causing there story to show up on the major media circuits like 60 minutes and the like.Hell my brother said he was recently walking somewhere in texas and damn near bumped into a rattler on the side of the road, quote on quote that is the last time I leave my home without my gun he said.But I'm not surprised a Jetfire which is either a .22, 25 or .32 (they have like 3 or 4 different modesl of the jetfire range) did the job, I gotta wonder if she watched swamp people actually.where they use .22 LR's to hunt them.

Did we ever talk about the gov of some western state who shot the hostile coyote while out jogging? Was attacking him, his kid, or his dog or something. Mention of a back holster he was wearing, I was unfamiliar with this kind of holster, but it sounds comfortable.

Not sure but it does sound vaguely familiar, it probably didnt get that much media attention as it shows our hobby in a good light frankly.