Buy My ebook and Contribute to Miamiviceonline

miamijimf

Miami was 80s America on steroids. Miami Vice, Scarface, and 80s era Miami movies captured the frenetic energy of the time period. Along with today’s popular TV show Burn Notice, filmed in Miami, these productions are known for their trend setting entertainment. This illustrated guide reveals for the first time how these TV shows and movies can also be a resource for 80s culture and iconic locations. The emphasis is on Miami Vice. The crime and drug problems during the 80s are described. Miami Vice was the spark that put the area into full recovery and this guide tells how it happened. Scarface and its influence on Miami Vice is covered. The value of this classic movie and other Miami films is explained. Burn Notice continues the tradition of action oriented Miami shows and has followed Vice’s lead. Comparing its more modern views to the earlier productions illustrates the character of the 80s. Burn Notice also is a window on today’s Miami. As a resident during the Miami Vice years, I add personal observations. Counter numbers indicate where 133 important locations (some now gone) and scenes showing 80s culture can be found on the DVDs for all these shows. Little known facts about every location are included. Key Miami locations and scenes in all five seasons of Miami Vice and the 80s era movies are listed. All the music played on Miami Vice is listed at the end. Fans of these shows as well as those interested in the 80s, the history of Miami, or Art Deco will enjoy this 202 page illustrated ebook. I had a lot of help from C Glide, Ell.a, CarolineUK, Tom, and several other forum members. It's in PDF format only and can be downloaded from http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-in-miami-vice-scarface-80s-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-locations-and-80s-culture/ebook/product-21135955.html If the link does not work please go to www.lulu.com and search by ebook/Miami Vice. You have to register free with LuLu but they are reliable and did a good job with an earlier obsolete print version and Tom’s Vice book. If you don't have an Adobe reader for PDF for computer and some mobile devices, you can get it free from http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html It will not work on Kindle and some other readers.The cost is $8.99 and I get $7.20 for every copy sold. I plan to advertise it and donate $3.75 for every copy sold to miamiviceonline. Obviously I am not writing to make money but to contribute to the history of my hometown. Comments are welcome.Thanks for reading all this.

• Like 3

http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-in-miami-vice-scarface-80s-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-locations-and-80s-culture/ebook/product-21135955.html If the link does not work please go to www.lulu.com and search by ebook/Miami Vice. You have to register free with LuLu but they are reliable and did a good job with an earlier obsolete print version and Tom’s Vice book. If you don't have an Adobe reader for PDF for computer and some mobile devices, you can get it free from http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html It will not work on Kindle and some other readers.The cost is $8.99 and I get $7.20 for every copy sold. I plan to advertise it and donate $3.75 for every copy sold to miamiviceonline. Obviously I am not writing to make money but to contribute to the history of my hometown. Comments are welcome.Thanks for reading all this.

WHAT A WONDERFUL OFFER miamijimf! :thumbsup::clap::happy:Count me in - I will download and pay soon.With this free programm http://calibre-ebook.com/downloadeach of us can easily change the pdf format in any needed format to the used ebook reader (for example mobi for KINDLE).With MOON READER APP -3$- (not the free variant) for ANDROIDand IBOOKS APP (free) for APPLEyou can read all pdf's in the very best way with android or apple readers.

• Administrators

I bought the book as well, it's definitely more than worth it's price.Like Tom's episode guide it's a MUST for all fans of the show.:thumbsup:

I bought the book as well' date=' it's definitely more than worth it's price.Like Tom's episode guide it's a MUST for all fans of the show.:thumbsup:[/quote']Great book I bought many years ago :thumbsup::cool::D:D

Thanks guys, hope you like it. There is some stuff about Vice I doubt if you heard before.A printed version is not available and here's why:I first published it in print form. LuLu did a nice job but with all the color photos the minimum price was $47.00. I figured this was too expensive for a specialized audience so I didn't advertise it. Since then I have greatly expanded and improved the work and published it as a cheaper ebook. I will eventually publish another printed version but since the work is much larger with even more photos the price will undoubtedly be over $50. My printer is too old and slow plus I would use up my printer cartridges. PIP printing wants to charge me $45 to print my illustrated 202 pg paper. If interested I suggest you try the free PDF reader which is supposed to also work on some mobile devices/phones but not Kindle but check bluepearl's post above. Thanks bluepearl- that should make it more available- I'll have to try it.Comments? Thanks for the interest.

The download worked fantastic!Very quickly and without any problems. :thumbsup:Glad there is also the offer to pay (next to creditcard) via paypal.And it works!Just changed the *pdf file into *epub and *mobi.Only seconds to create. :done::done::done:I only could take a quick overview yet and ... it already caught me :eek: deeply :happy::balloon::D !!!Be sure I come back after reading !

Congratulations on this huge accomplishment and kudos to all the contributors. Very charitable of you to offer those donations."Wow!"

Thanks guys' date=' hope you like it. There is some stuff about Vice I doubt if you heard before.A printed version is not available and here's why:I first published it in print form. LuLu did a nice job but with all the color photos the minimum price was $47.00. I figured this was too expensive for a specialized audience so I didn't advertise it. Since then I have greatly expanded and improved the work and published it as a cheaper ebook. I will eventually publish another printed version but since the work is much larger with even more photos the price will undoubtedly be over $50. My printer is too old and slow plus I would use up my printer cartridges. PIP printing wants to charge me $45 to print my illustrated 202 pg paper. If interested I suggest you try the free PDF reader which is supposed to also work on some mobile devices/phones but not Kindle but check bluepearl's post above. Thanks bluepearl- that should make it more available- I'll have to try it.Comments? Thanks for the interest.[/quote']Sounds brill Jim - I am definately interested :thumbsup::cool::D:D

http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-in-miami-vice-scarface-80s-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-locations-and-80s-culture/ebook/product-21135955.html If the link does not work please go to www.lulu.com and search by ebook/Miami Vice. You have to register free with LuLu but they are reliable and did a good job with an earlier obsolete print version and Tom’s Vice book. If you don't have an Adobe reader for PDF for computer and some mobile devices, you can get it free from http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html It will not work on Kindle and some other readers.The cost is $8.99 and I get $7.20 for every copy sold. I plan to advertise it and donate $3.75 for every copy sold to miamiviceonline. Obviously I am not writing to make money but to contribute to the history of my hometown. Comments are welcome.Thanks for reading all this.

Highly recommended :thumbsup::D:cool::D

Thanks Pink and Matt. Remember that Bluepearl posted on this thread a way to see it on Kindle and other readers. If you have comments or notice a goof, please let me know.

Thanks Pink and Matt. Remember that Bluepearl posted on this thread a way to see it on Kindle and other readers. If you have comments or notice a goof' date=' please let me know.[/quote']i find its written very well Jim :thumbsup::cool::D

Bumping this one more time' date=' some members only log in once a week or so.
You even SHOULD do this, miamijimf :thumbsup::clap:.Members, who will not read this book are missing 'the roots' of Miami Vice - The Series.I am still reading and it is just what I have searched for since long.In no other readable stuff one will get informed about Miami in connection to MV like you madeit possible.miamijimpf, thanks again for all your effort, the brilliant informations and of course to offer it for thislow prize.I am :happy::done::done:btw...Admins by forums have the possibilty to make a *sticky* to special topics.This way the *sticky topic* shows up constantly at the top of current topic list as long as it is wanted.The *sticky* is to delete at any time.Just because with this ebook is a donation to our forum connected it could become the best wayto reach as much members as possible.

Miami Vice - The Series.I am still reading and it is just what I have searched for since long.In no other readable stuff one will get informed about Miami in connection to MV like you madeit possible.miamijimpf, thanks again for all your effort, the brilliant informations and of course to offer it for thislow prize.I am :happy::done::done:btw...Admins by forums have the possibilty to make a *sticky* to special topics.This way the *sticky topic* shows up constantly at the top of current topic list as long as it is wanted.The *sticky* is to delete at any time.Just because with this ebook is a donation to our forum connected it could become the best wayto reach as much members as possible.

Thanks a lot Bluepearl, I had fun writing it. A sticky is a great idea. Projects like this keep us retirees off the streets. The on-line publisher tells me they have until 30 Sept to mail me my first check. After I receive it I will PalPal the site their share.

• 1 year later...

Fellow Vice Fans,

I just published an improved and expanded version of my earlier guide titled “The Magic City captured by Miami Vice, Scarface, Movies, and Burn Notice.† This version has more interesting info about Vice, 18 more locations, and more photos.  It now has 286 pages and is as up to date and as accurate as possible.  I didn’t write to make money but to contribute to the history of my home town.  I will donate half the proceeds to miamiviceonline.com just like I did with the first edition.  The site can use the money to keep operating.

Here is a description of the guide.

Miami was 80s America on steroids.  Miami Vice, Scarface, and certain 80s era Miami movies captured the frenetic energy of the time period.  These productions filmed everything from beach parties to the Vizcaya Mansion.  Along with the recent and popular TV show Burn Notice, filmed in Miami, these productions are known for their trend setting entertainment.  This illustrated guide reveals for the first time how these TV shows and movies can also be a resource for 80s culture and iconic locations.  The crime and drug problems during the 80s are described.  Miami Vice was the spark that put the area into full recovery and this guide tells how it happened.  Scarface and its influence on Miami Vice is covered.  Burn Notice continued the tradition of action oriented Miami shows and followed Vice’s lead.  Comparing its more modern views to the earlier productions illustrates the character of the 80s.  Burn Notice also is a window on today’s Miami.  As a resident during the Miami Vice years, I add a few personal observations.  Counter numbers indicate where 138 important locations (many now gone) and scenes showing 80s culture can be found on the inexpensive DVDs for all these shows.  Little known facts about every location are included.  Over 1,000 key locations and scenes in all five seasons of Miami Vice, all seven seasons of Burn Notice, and selected 80s era movies are listed.  All the classic 80s music played on Miami Vice is listed at the end.  Fans of these shows as well as those interested in the 80s, the history of Miami, or Art Deco will enjoy this book.

This latest work has taken me several years.  Miami historians Arva Parks and Dr. Paul George have praised the guide.

To purchase the guide you have to register free with LuLu, the on-line publisher, but they are trustworthy.

I have a large full color high quality paperback version that sells for $56.10 The site and I make exactly $1.08 per book because I have discounted it as much as the publisher will allow. 

Please go to http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-captured-by-miami-vice-scarface-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-80s-locations-and-culture/paperback/product-21861392.html

If that’s too expensive, check out my ebook in PDF format, same guide, but only $8.99. You can get it at http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-captured-by-miami-vice-scarface-movies-and-burn-notice/ebook/product-21876871.html

The site and I make exactly $7.20 for every ebook purchased.

If you don’t have a PDF reader you can get it free at http://get.adobe.com/reader/

Prefer to use an ebook reader like Kindle?  If your ebook reader won’t handle PDF files this free program will convert PDF to most reader formats: http://calibre-ebook.com/download 

For those who helped me in any way in compiling this guide, and you know who you are, let me know if you want a free copy in MS word and I will email it to you in two parts.  The publisher will not permit me to give anyone free access to the printed or PDF versions.

If you get it, please let me know what you think.

Thanks for reading all this.

Jim

• Like 3