Buy My ebook and Contribute to Miamiviceonline

miamijimf

16 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

Thanks Jim! I appreciate your reply and the time and research you have contributed to this work. I am looking forward to reading it. Does Lulu have the latest print version, or is there a different site?

Will you let us know when you finish the e-book update too? 

Thanks again for the hard work and generosity. :)

Thanks, LuLu has the latest version here http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-captured-by-miami-vice-scarface-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-80s-locations-and-culture/paperback/product-23270779.html  I'll let everyone know when the update of the ebook is available.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jim, I received your book yesterday! It is great. I can't believe the amount of information in it. I am pouring over it and enjoying every minute. Thanks again for researching, writing, and publishing it. I definitely recommend it to everyone. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks Scott, glad you like it.  I had a lot of help from Vicers and others.

Edited by miamijimf

• 1 month later...

bought the ebook and after reading few pages, i just went back fast to the paper book page and ordered it. i mean if you love Florida, not buying this is criminal :):thumbsup:

3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

bought the ebook and after reading few pages, i just went back fast to the paper book page and ordered it. i mean if you love Florida, not buying this is criminal :):thumbsup:

Thanks a lot.  I'm working on updating the ebook version believe it or not.  It's like a drug, can't stop updating it because things are constantly changing in Miami, new info is always surfacing about Vice, I am finding better photos, and new filming locations are being found.  I will post a notice when the latest version is finished.  At that time, if you have bought the ebook or paper copy or have given me info or photos that I used in the book (that's a lot of you guys) just send me a message and I will email you a free copy.  I just discovered Gmail allows you to send extra large email attachments.  I'm waiting for the comments of a historian friend in Miami.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This message is for those who bought the ebook or paper copy or have given me info or photos that I used in the book (that's a lot of you guys).   If you are interested in a free copy of the latest version just send me a message and include your email address. Tell me if you want it in either MS Word (2010 version or newer) or PDF format.  I will then email you a link to a copy you can download.  This version is more complete than the ebook or paper copy editions.   It's large, 36.9mb, 330 pages with illustrations.

Edited by miamijimf

• 2 months later...

yeah i'm not a PC reading fan, i mean i prefer presonnally by far paper books, but i may download it and use it during trips. the paper book is great btw, the introduction is fantastic. i could smell South american spices, and see the sun raylights over the latino quarter streets while reading it sm1.gif. the number of details is amazing, for example i discovered that the seaplane seen in MV was the same that crashed. this is a detail only a local, and Miami vice fan can give. and for a MV fan, it's an interesting detail. it's not just another tourist guide, it's a very interesting book for anyone interested in Miami vice, art deco, and Miami and Florida history

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 1

On 28/01/2018 at 4:33 PM, jpm1 said:

yeah i'm not a PC reading fan, i mean i prefer presonnally by far paper books, but i may download it and use it during trips. the paper book is great btw, the introduction is fantastic. i could smell South american spices, and see the sun raylights over the latino quarter streets while reading it sm1.gif. the number of details is amazing, for example i discovered that the seaplane seen in MV was the same that crashed. this is a detail only a local, and Miami vice fan can give. and for a MV fan, it's an interesting detail. it's not just another tourist guide, it's a very interesting book for anyone interested in Miami vice, art deco, and Miami and Florida history

Never realised that about the Seaplane - which ultimately brought the end of Chalks.

14 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Never realised that about the Seaplane - which ultimately brought the end of Chalks.

the book is full of details like that sm1.gif

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, JDe75 said:

Same thing, plus the shipping here would take too long since the book would be a great read for my 14-hour flight to Miami next month !!

It is available in PDF format at http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-captured-by-miami-vice-scarface-and-other-popular-shows/ebook/product-23532051.html

It's $8.99 US.  I am continually working on it since there is always something new to learn about Miami and/or Vice.  If you buy it or contribute to the book somehow I'll send you free updates.  Doesn't make much money, which is OK with me but I use the profits to make small contributions to this site.

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

so according to your book real estate promoters were even trying to put their hands onto Little Havana. i hope the politics won't let them do. because this could be the worst decision taken for Miami. been watching nowaydays aerial views of the front beach, and it seems skyscrappers number is still reasonable. sincerely hope all these greedy fools won't ruin the city. f... morons..

Edited by jpm1

i find it so cool that some people stood up their a..., if you allow me the expression, and saved the Coppertone advert. that advert is so cool. that thing is a true monument

1 hour ago, jpm1 said:

i find it so cool that some people stood up their a..., if you allow me the expression, and saved the Coppertone advert. that advert is so cool. that thing is a true monument

Yes it moved from downtown to more north of downtown but it’s still going strong the sign.:hippie:

did they find back the girl's head. Irma took it off. and Mimo Biscayne association was asking Miamians if somebody had seen it somewhere. that advert is trully wonderful. i hope they'll find it back, or eventually restore it

Edited by jpm1

5 hours ago, jpm1 said:

did they find back the girl's head. Irma took it off. and Mimo Biscayne association was asking Miamians if somebody had seen it somewhere. that advert is trully wonderful. i hope they'll find it back, or eventually restore it

Yes it was found and the sign restored.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

is the Zamia floridana an endangered species. only info i found about this was a Vietnamese wiki lol. i thought there won't be better talk than the natives themselves :thumbsup:

Edited by jpm1