Sign in to follow this  
miamijimf

Buy My ebook and Contribute to Miamiviceonline

miamijimf
16 hours ago, Scot from S.C. said:

Thanks Jim! I appreciate your reply and the time and research you have contributed to this work. I am looking forward to reading it. Does Lulu have the latest print version, or is there a different site?

Will you let us know when you finish the e-book update too? 

Thanks again for the hard work and generosity. :)

Thanks, LuLu has the latest version here http://www.lulu.com/shop/col-james-staubach-us-army-retired/the-magic-city-captured-by-miami-vice-scarface-movies-and-burn-notice-a-guide-to-80s-locations-and-culture/paperback/product-23270779.html  I'll let everyone know when the update of the ebook is available.

Scot from S.C.

Thanks Jim! I will be ordering mine this week. :)

• Like 1

Scot from S.C.

Hey Jim, I received your book yesterday! It is great. I can't believe the amount of information in it. I am pouring over it and enjoying every minute. Thanks again for researching, writing, and publishing it. I definitely recommend it to everyone. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

miamijimf

Thanks Scott, glad you like it.  I had a lot of help from Vicers and others.

Edited by miamijimf

jpm1

bought the ebook and after reading few pages, i just went back fast to the paper book page and ordered it. i mean if you love Florida, not buying this is criminal :):thumbsup:

miamijimf
3 hours ago, jpm1 said:

bought the ebook and after reading few pages, i just went back fast to the paper book page and ordered it. i mean if you love Florida, not buying this is criminal :):thumbsup:

Thanks a lot.  I'm working on updating the ebook version believe it or not.  It's like a drug, can't stop updating it because things are constantly changing in Miami, new info is always surfacing about Vice, I am finding better photos, and new filming locations are being found.  I will post a notice when the latest version is finished.  At that time, if you have bought the ebook or paper copy or have given me info or photos that I used in the book (that's a lot of you guys) just send me a message and I will email you a free copy.  I just discovered Gmail allows you to send extra large email attachments.  I'm waiting for the comments of a historian friend in Miami.

• Like 1

miamijimf

This message is for those who bought the ebook or paper copy or have given me info or photos that I used in the book (that's a lot of you guys).   If you are interested in a free copy of the latest version just send me a message and include your email address. Tell me if you want it in either MS Word (2010 version or newer) or PDF format.  I will then email you a link to a copy you can download.  This version is more complete than the ebook or paper copy editions.   It's large, 36.9mb, 330 pages with illustrations.

Edited by miamijimf

jpm1

yeah i'm not a PC reading fan, i mean i prefer presonnally by far paper books, but i may download it and use it during trips. the paper book is great btw, the introduction is fantastic. i could smell South american spices, and see the sun raylights over the latino quarter streets while reading it sm1.gif. the number of details is amazing, for example i discovered that the seaplane seen in MV was the same that crashed. this is a detail only a local, and Miami vice fan can give. and for a MV fan, it's an interesting detail. it's not just another tourist guide, it's a very interesting book for anyone interested in Miami vice, art deco, and Miami and Florida history

Edited by jpm1
  • Like 1

Matt5
On 28/01/2018 at 4:33 PM, jpm1 said:

yeah i'm not a PC reading fan, i mean i prefer presonnally by far paper books, but i may download it and use it during trips. the paper book is great btw, the introduction is fantastic. i could smell South american spices, and see the sun raylights over the latino quarter streets while reading it sm1.gif. the number of details is amazing, for example i discovered that the seaplane seen in MV was the same that crashed. this is a detail only a local, and Miami vice fan can give. and for a MV fan, it's an interesting detail. it's not just another tourist guide, it's a very interesting book for anyone interested in Miami vice, art deco, and Miami and Florida history

Never realised that about the Seaplane - which ultimately brought the end of Chalks.

jpm1
14 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Never realised that about the Seaplane - which ultimately brought the end of Chalks.

the book is full of details like that sm1.gif