Jan Hammer's replacement for Season 5

SonnyCrockettBurnett01

I know we already discussed this in a previous thread, but I think another guy that could've replaced Jan Hammer in Season 5 instead of Tim Truman would've been David Foster. His stuff is great and is very talented artist. Granted, he's not Jan, but he would've been a great fill-in.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMPgKHwKYfQ

I love Foster's work but he I believe would have been more expensive than Jan and Tim Truman - which may have been a stumbling block as MV was falling in ratings and costs of production rising. Tim Truman knew DJ and Michael Mann.:thumbsup::D:cool:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sylwiamaster

I have different opinion. I like Truman's compositions have more rock what I really appreciate. They don't have so many synthesizers as Hammer's tracks. My favourite Truman's tracks are "Helicopter" and "Freefall".

Funny you should bring this up, have a listen to this, I found this only a few days ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0AsS4d5og

and it is actually from the 80's and this guys from Poland, hell he kind of reminds me of Giorgio Moroder with this track, the man who did the soundtrack for Scarface. so maybe this guy or his helper on this one could have been an alternative to Tim Truman, although honestly I kind of like Tim's tracks better than Jan's in some cases.probably because of my rock routes and sometimes they were an inbetween of the two.like with the track Drives Up from World Of Trouble

• 1 month later...

Funny you should bring this up, have a listen to this, I found this only a few days ago

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh0AsS4d5og

and it is actually from the 80's and this guys from Poland, hell he kind of reminds me of Giorgio Moroder with this track, the man who did the soundtrack for Scarface. so maybe this guy or his helper on this one could have been an alternative to Tim Truman, although honestly I kind of like Tim's tracks better than Jan's in some cases.probably because of my rock routes and sometimes they were an inbetween of the two.like with the track Drives Up from World Of Trouble
Yes thats my man from my country :) MAREK BILINSKI - very talented 80`s musician from Poland . The best known Marek track all over the world is 1983 : ESCAPE from Tropics :
but i love this track from 1987 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1_kqy_iql0

lol yeah you gotta love the internet when it comes to matters of music like this, as while the pop charts are full of the bad stuff like Miley Cirus. this kind of stuff surfaces as a godlike an alternative to it alland I actually came across him in the second video in the first place, as weirdly it showed up when I was looking up the James Bond Lotus and it just kinda stuck, I just thought the other one was more vice like hence why I went with that insteadhell maybe this guy could also do vice nowadays, as I've had this stuck in my head

next to Com Truise's - Galactic melt here
hell that whole album is gold it seems, and a track was used for a vice fan video no less and its to the point where I cant imagine it without it, its that good

Gotta agree with you Kav. I discovered this 80's inspired synth genre 2 1/2 years ago and haven't looked back since. I'd been looknig for this music all my life. This whole new "retro" movement that's got everyone waxing all nostalgic for the 80's recently is how I've always felt for it. I can still remember back in 1999-2002 searching the internet like a madman for hours on end trying to find stuff like this, only to come across mostly clubbing/house or "chill-out" music.That being said, Action Jackson is one of my favorites. Their sound definitely has the Vice vibe. I don't wanna derail this topic but some other artists that I love that fit the Vice sound are:MPMSoundtracks/MultipacMiami Nights 1984Sellorekt/LA DreamsPeter Guja (he's showcased some of his stuff on this message board before).