Adopting the look need some advice

hallthom

Hello all, I am new here and need some help from the more experienced Vicers. I want to add the look to my wardrobe and would like some opinions.Blazer: I just received my first "Vice" blazer today, it's a Perry Ellis cotton/linen blend (its on clearance currently)[ATTACH=CONFIG]8266[/ATTACH]Shirts: I have a light pink t-shirt and a pale blue polo but that is about it. I can't find any pastel henley's but I found some Izod polos in pastel colors,http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Men/Shop/Polo_Shirts/Short_Sleeves/PRD~32004684588699/Izod+Short+Sleeve+Heritage+Pique+Polo.jsp?sku_id=1689949382932785&quantity=1Pants: I don't have any linen pants, and I think some pleated pants would be more authentic. Anyone know of any retailers that have pleated linen pants?Some other blazers I have thought about getting.http://www.ebay.com/itm/221263153124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649http://www.ebay.com/itm/171087679822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649What do you guys think?

I am rocking the Sonny Crockett look right now.I've got a pastel orange pinkish henley I picked up at American Eagle Outfitters for around 10 dollars during the summer. I bought a bunch of these things and wish I bought more since they sold out of them now that the summer is coming to an end. They are the PERFECT Sonny Crockett Henley. You might be able to find a few at an AE store or maybe a discount clothing retailer that sells new clothing that is slightly out of season.My linen trousers are from Cubavera. I keep finding these for cheap and on clearance at places like Dillard's, Burlington Coat Factory, and a few other discount clothing retailers that sell new clothing that didn't sell for whatever reason the first time around. They are VERY comfortable.http://www.cubavera.com/pants/one-pleat-wonder-linen-pant/C8SB0073DS.html?start=24&dwvar_C8SB0073DS_color=122&cgid=culinenshop&srule=best-matcheshttp://www.cubavera.com/pants/drawstring-linen-pant/C8FB0147DS.html?dwvar_C8FB0147DS_color=122&start=4&cgid=culinenshop&srule=best-matches

Good call, I found them on the AE website, orange pop is what the color is called, and as a plus it looks like they have one in a light blue just like Crockett has.Wow, they have a good deal going on right now. If you want them you should order them now from the website. They have free shipping until labor day and they also have a coupon code for 40% off. So I ordered the orange and blue ones for $19.14 with free shipping!40% off code: 74693461

Good call' date=' I found them on the AE website, orange pop is what the color is called, and as a plus it looks like they have one in a light blue just like Crockett has.Wow, they have a good deal going on right now. If you want them you should order them now from the website. They have free shipping until labor day and they also have a coupon code for 40% off. So I ordered the orange and blue ones for $19.14 with free shipping!40% off code: 74693461[/quote']Wait, they still have henleys? I couldn't find them just a second ago.... I must buy more.nvr mind.... I just found them. lol

Yeah I need those too. If I get this job I applied and interviewed for yesterday I'll be able to go all out on glasses, a nice watch, and shoes. :D

Good luck man, I am currently waiting to hear back from a police department in my area. I wanted to be a cop before I got into Miami Vice (just in case you were wondering).

American Eagle henleys are pretty good.I got one in light blue and ash gray (good for season 4 look).Winter is coming,you should try to look into the season 4 and 5 looks which won't make you stand out than wearing pastels in gray and muddy days.Winter time is also a good time to stock up on pastels when stores start selling them in late winter.Cooper&Burnetts scrapbook page will give you some ideas plus I have a shirt guide on this fashion section that can give you a few pointers.Its pretty fun finding all the stuff like shoes,shirts,and blazers to make a complete and wide range of the Crockett look:cool:BTW,nice blazer,keep it up!

I have to admit, I haven't seen much of the show...yet. Most of what I know are the pastels but I know that Crockett started wearing darker colors in the later seasons. Right now I am looking into placing an order of linen pants from Cubavera (they have a coupon code for 40% off when you buy three things). I know Crockett wears white and light blue pants but does he also wear black and natural linen colored pants?They don't have any of the blue in my size but I can get 3 pairs for around $54 with the discount. I want to get white, black, natural linen.Does Crockett wear black and natural? I think he also wears grey pants as well. I guess I have a lot more watching to do :)

Oh' date=' about those Cubavera pleated pants, how transparent are they? Should I invest in some white boxer-briefs?[/quote']They are sort of transparent, but not as transparent as this other pair of linen trousers I own. It wouldn't hurt to invest in some boxers if that is your thing. They are very loose fitting pants even when you buy a pair in a size smaller than you think you need. I usually wear as size 32, but these Cubavera pants fit fantastic even though they say they are small and designed for size 28-30. When I tried on the medium size they were too big. Just keep that in mind before you order anything online.

He indeed wore black pants.The color pants he also wore were pink,light blue,medium blue,lilac,pale yellow,tan (see Out Where the Buses Don't Run),pale gray,navy blue (Burnett trilogy),silver,and thats all I can think of.Good luck at your're collection Tekka!

I have to admit' date=' I haven't seen much of the show...yet. Most of what I know are the pastels but I know that Crockett started wearing darker colors in the later seasons. Right now I am looking into placing an order of linen pants from Cubavera (they have a coupon code for 40% off when you buy three things). I know Crockett wears white and light blue pants but does he also wear black and natural linen colored pants?They don't have any of the blue in my size but I can get 3 pairs for around $54 with the discount. I want to get white, black, natural linen.Does Crockett wear black and natural? I think he also wears grey pants as well. I guess I have a lot more watching to do :)[/quote']It really depends on the season of the show what he wore. Sometimes he'd wear darker clothing. I wouldn't worry about looking perfect though. Just go for the laid back comfortable light clothing style that is sort of similar. You start throwing this stuff together and it just feels right. Especially if you're in a hot place like Florida. :hot:

Good luck man' date=' I am currently waiting to hear back from a police department in my area. I wanted to be a cop before I got into Miami Vice (just in case you were wondering).[/quote']Good luck with that and thanks for wishing me well. I was actually laid off from my job the same morning I went out to apply for a new one. I am hopping it will be a blessing in disguise since I'd more money at the new job.

Thanks for the help guys, I guess it's a good thing that a lot of linen and spring/summer color clothing is on sale right now, and I have all winter to amass some Crockett inspired threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I posted about it in this thread:http://www.miamiviceonline.com/showthread.php?17526-Scored-a-nice-Hugo-Boss-blazer-on-EbayThe jacket fits pretty well the only thing is that the sleeves might be a 1/2 inch too short but it still looks good. I am thinking about ordering another blazer I found (it can be seen in the link above). Or I might go after this one,[ATTACH=CONFIG]8288[/ATTACH]http://www.ebay.com/itm/171111938926?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

post-11635-13892965794094_thumb.jpg

8290[/ATTACH]

I bet thats the same blue American Eagle shirt that I have!Awesome look,very nice blazer!When I get the courage I can post some images of the Vice clothes I have,me in it,everyone else seems to be brave enough to do it.Crockett also wore a denim jacket in "Line of Fire" which wont be too difficult to replicate the look.Keep it up!

8266[/ATTACH]Shirts: I have a light pink t-shirt and a pale blue polo but that is about it. I can't find any pastel henley's but I found some Izod polos in pastel colors,http://www.belk.com/AST/Main/Belk_Primary/Men/Shop/Polo_Shirts/Short_Sleeves/PRD~32004684588699/Izod+Short+Sleeve+Heritage+Pique+Polo.jsp?sku_id=1689949382932785&quantity=1Pants: I don't have any linen pants, and I think some pleated pants would be more authentic. Anyone know of any retailers that have pleated linen pants?Some other blazers I have thought about getting.http://www.ebay.com/itm/221263153124?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649http://www.ebay.com/itm/171087679822?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649What do you guys think?

Love it - awesome :done::thumbsup::D