ATTN: BURN NOTICE FANS!

cageyJG

HOT HOT HOT, if you're a fan of the show.Especially if you're living in Florida! Major prop auction to be held Tues. 03 SEP.http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sf-burn-notice-fire-sale-082713-20130827,0,7283516.story

“I’m calling it a fire sale, because everything has to go. There’s too much ‘Burn Notice’ stuff not to score some deals,†Grasso says. “It’s coming from a show that I’m saying is just as iconic as ‘Miami Vice.’ “

I am a Bruce Campbell fan, but never really got into Burn Notice, although it was entertaining.If this news is of any value to you, yes, you may PayPal me a beer contribution!:prost:

Great info. Thanks for the heads up. Now lets delete this so no one else knows. lol.

:) I think the '73 Dodge Charger will be the highlight of the auction. See you in Coconut Grove!

damn it the stupid photo of the chargers wont load, bloody thing, I click on auction items and that particular photo is missing from the list of all things!I'd really like to see how exactly each car was rigged up and to do what.

damn it the stupid photo of the chargers wont load' date=' bloody thing, I click on auction items and that particular photo is missing from the list of all things!I'd really like to see how exactly each car was rigged up and to do what.[/quote']Have you checked this site yet? Apparently there is some stuff left.https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=70321

Have you checked this site yet? Apparently there is some stuff left.https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=70321

Thanks and I gotta wonder, cooper and burnett had newspaper clippings about an auction like this happening after vice for their props, maybe this is what would have happened if Vice had been filmed today?

:) I think the '73 Dodge Charger will be the highlight of the auction. See you in Coconut Grove!

From what I saw on the auction site, it is closed now and of the Chargers, only the stunt Charger sold. So wondering what happened to the camera car Charger as well as a lot of Michael's suits, and some other items listed in the newspaper article that were not sold at auction?

I got there late, so I don't know what happened to the other Charger, but most items were sold pretty quick, like Michael Westen's yogurt spoons, a cigarette lighter from Sharon Gless. There was even an entire bar set up for auction from one of the episodes!

Yeah but the bar thing didnt show up on the auction website, atleast not when I checked it so maybe some were open to online bids and others weren't?Either that or maybe the 2 other cars and some stuff are being saved for a private auction, hell maybe even Michale Weston himself intervened and bought the cars before the auction started?as they did sell Jessies 2001 Porsche which went for 20 Grand, so maybe the other two got high enough offers to pull them from the auctions?and the even weirder thing is the IMCDB wasnt up on this either, there is no postings about the auctionhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_116629-Dodge-Charger-1973.htmlhttp://www.imcdb.org/vehicle_416403-Porsche-911-Carrera-Cabrio-996-2001.htmlthe funnier thing though was that Looking up the Tommy Bahama shirts, they actually go for about 10 to 20 bucks, and with a pack of 6 that means they made about 480 bucks on each set.although Bruce is that awesome to warrant that kind of price loland with the stunt car, I think that was more likely the blow up car they used for the Propane tank scene in one of the earlier episodes, also used when they destroyed the car again in S5 where the thing blew up and flipped in the air to give them enough time to get away. and it looks like it might have been a parts car too, as the bumper on that one has the drill holes for the brush guard used in that episode where they used it to ram and destroy a Corvette C5.as for the other two cars, I know one of them was originally white with a blue interior, as when Michale opened the trunk the inside was painted white and the painted interior was showing through with blue wear marks. all the more ironic considering what they said about using the car in the showhttp://www.hulu.com/watch/153998#i0,p84,d1and of which what was said at a comic con where Bruce talked about the air con in that thing lol although I cant find the damn clip right now, sorry, bloody messed up youtube search engine!

• 2 years later...

Hello, I wanted to jump in here to give some info on the Chargers.  I own the stunt car that was auctioned off, I bought it about a year ago from the winning bidder.  Three cars were left at the end of the series; mine, the #2 car (originally gold, has thick 3-spoke steering wheel) which was sold on ebay by Ted Vernon and is still in FL, and the #1 car (I am guessing the white/blue car? has skinny 3-spoke skinny wheel) which was kept by Matt Nix, the creator of Burn Notice and is in CA last I heard.  At least one was destroyed at the end of season 4, as in they ripped the roof off of the car when it was flipped and blow up.  Mine was brought in sometime between the ending of filming of season 5 and the start of 6, and was used mostly in the S6 Everglades episode and also appeared in a promo.  AFAIK, I have the only big block car (not original).

As far as modifications for stunt work, I believe the only change to the #2 car was some HD shocks and eye bolts for lap belt attachment points.  Mine had just about all wiring not needed to run the thing cut and left in place.  There is no fuel cell or roll cage or anything of that nature, it is a stunt car more in the sense of having a stand-in so the hero cars do not take a pounding.  There is an MSD box hacked in that is a real mess.  The taillight housings are modified for a squib in the center so the lenses can be blown out and the bucket seats appear to have come from the #1 car when the hero rides were refreshed.  The bumper is not drilled for the push bar setup as my car was not on the sound stage until the end of S5.  The hood is a one-piece fiberglass unit and the scoop is closer to the boxier shape used in the earlier seasons.  

The stunt car has been in storage since I got it, it will get a full restoration over the next few years and some things will be changed to match the hero car.  

• Like 2

• 5 years later...
On 2/17/2016 at 9:02 PM, Montclaire said:

Hello, I wanted to jump in here to give some info on the Chargers.  I own the stunt car that was auctioned off, I bought it about a year ago from the winning bidder.  Three cars were left at the end of the series; mine, the #2 car (originally gold, has thick 3-spoke steering wheel) which was sold on ebay by Ted Vernon and is still in FL, and the #1 car (I am guessing the white/blue car? has skinny 3-spoke skinny wheel) which was kept by Matt Nix, the creator of Burn Notice and is in CA last I heard.  At least one was destroyed at the end of season 4, as in they ripped the roof off of the car when it was flipped and blow up.  Mine was brought in sometime between the ending of filming of season 5 and the start of 6, and was used mostly in the S6 Everglades episode and also appeared in a promo.  AFAIK, I have the only big block car (not original).

As far as modifications for stunt work, I believe the only change to the #2 car was some HD shocks and eye bolts for lap belt attachment points.  Mine had just about all wiring not needed to run the thing cut and left in place.  There is no fuel cell or roll cage or anything of that nature, it is a stunt car more in the sense of having a stand-in so the hero cars do not take a pounding.  There is an MSD box hacked in that is a real mess.  The taillight housings are modified for a squib in the center so the lenses can be blown out and the bucket seats appear to have come from the #1 car when the hero rides were refreshed.  The bumper is not drilled for the push bar setup as my car was not on the sound stage until the end of S5.  The hood is a one-piece fiberglass unit and the scoop is closer to the boxier shape used in the earlier seasons.  

The stunt car has been in storage since I got it, it will get a full restoration over the next few years and some things will be changed to match the hero car.  

Sorry I missed this post...very interesting stuff and I/we'd love to see any photos you have. 

• Like 1