Trouble Accessing the Site (Possibly hacked?)

agent 47

Hey guys, Maria on Facebook was reporting that she has been having trouble getting on the site. I checked this out by typing in www.miamiviceonline.combut instead of it taking me to the site it takes to a page saying "own'z by Federal" and some French voice in the background. Definitely looks like a hack to me but wanted to find out whether or not anyone else is seeing this when using the link above.

www.miamiviceonline.combut instead of it taking me to the site it takes to a page saying "own'z by Federal" and some French voice in the background. Definitely looks like a hack to me but wanted to find out whether or not anyone else is seeing this when using the link above.

THANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS UP!! I "ONLY MANAGED" to get on here through the link you sent me!!

A small update, whoever took over the page listed an address ending with .ma which is registered to the country of Morocco.

• Administrators

Site hacked?? Seite gehackt??It seems that our site was hacked again this night.As far as I could say the problems should be fixed so far.If you still discover any problems, please let me know.

Es sieht so aus, als ob unsere Seite heute Nacht erneut gehackt wurde.Soweit ich es bisher sagen kann, sollte das Problem behoben sein.Wenn ihr dennoch Probleme oder Unregelmäßigkeiten entdeckt, lasst es mich bitte wissen..

Seems to be working OK now. Hackers from Morocco? What next?Welcome back Maria- haven't seen you post here in a long time.

Tried popping in yesterday and all I got was that screen posted up above (I'll admit that that screen coupled with a language I don't speak was a little disturbing to me). "The hell?" was all I could think, though I figured whatever it was would be taken care of in short order.

Morocco' date=' as in Casablanca? Here's looking at you, kid. I missed the hack yesterday so it must have been brief.[/quote']LOL "Play it again, Fman." The hack definitely wasn't brief for me, I couldn't get on pretty much all day yesterday.

Weird, must have been between the times of 1:00 am to about 7 or 8 am as I went in at about 12.and why hack this place of all places? there is no monetary gain I would imagine unless its bad blood from the old forum again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi,it took a long time, but now we're back.I apologize for the site being down for nearly a week now. But it was hard work and unfortunately some parts are still not working (photo gallery).If you discover any errors or other problems, please let me know.

Hi,es hat lange gedauert, aber jetzt sind wir zurück.Ich entschuldige mich dafür, dass die Seite so lange down war. Aber es war ein hartes Stück Arbeit und es geht leider immer noch nicht alles (Bildergalerie).Wenn ihr noch andere Fehler oder Probleme findet, lasst es mich bitte wissen.

Guest MetroVice

Glad the site is back up :)Like everyone else, I too got the strange site that came up when I tried coming here but I'm very happy to see everything is back up and running again. I was afraid maybe somebody got fed up and just said to hell with it all and forfeited it all (heaven forbid). In the end I guess it was just another dirtbag hacker trying to hijack a website where we discuss the greatest show there ever was :cheers:I'm just glad to see everyone still here :balloon:

Glad to see that everything is back to normal...Sad to see that hackers are still around in this day and age. I guess they have small balls and need to show themselves to the world as to what they can do.Mischievious...................so sad!

Glad to see it back up' date=' was getting worried. Thanks for all the work Caipi! What kind of anti-virus/security protection does the site have?[/quote']Probably the server that was hacked so only the hosting co. would have control of that. Great that we are back up I missed you all. Thanks a ton for all the hard work to straighten things out.

Glad that this site is up and running again!I got me my first pair of espadrilles,recorded episode "Victims of Circumstance" on tape,and this site is back on again,a good day for Vice!I was wondering what woing on with this site.Glad to see that we can come back to this awesome forum.As for the hacker I ask him/her this..."Whats your game?"Eingefügtes Bild

I too was having lots of trouble accessing the site...but I'm thrilled to see it's back up again! :clap: The only problem I'm having is I can't access the site anymore from any of the links for threads in my email. I have to access the site directly by doing a search for the site, then clicking on the link that provides. But, again, overjoyed to see that all is not lost!! :thumbsup::D

This was worst than a bad hitchcock novel of course I like hitchcock I take that back :D I am so glad you guys are back its getting lonely on the internet.Damn Hackers have nothing else better to do I say.Happy Days or rather Vice Days.WELCOME BACK :D

:D:D:thumbsup::clap::done::happy::happy::happy:OH MY GOSH !!!MV ONLINE IS BACK !!!A deep *Thank you so very much* to all who did make it possibly!!!That surely was a hell of a job! YOU'RE GREAT !!!!!

• Administrators
That's right. With restoring the site and our database" data-date=" I moved the site to our new server.We want to upgrade to the newst version of our vBulletin software (the updat still causes trouble at the moment) and that">

www.miamiviceonline.com as you are used to.

What kind of anti-virus/security protection does the site have?

That's a good questin. Don't really know. It all comes up with the software installed on our server.

www.miamiviceonline.com as you are used to.That's a good questin. Don't really know. It all comes up with the software installed on our server.

As I'm sure you know, the firewall/security on the server needs to be upgraded or changed. We greatly appreciate all the effort you put into miamiviceonline.com but I hate to see you have to spend all the time and effort it takes to to restore the site.

www.miamiviceonline.com as you are used to.That's a good questin. Don't really know. It all comes up with the software installed on our server.

Many Thanks Chris for your hard work and efforts to get the site up and running again. It must have been a huge and time consuming task and we appreciate it.From your comments I'm guessing you may be using a 3rd party hosting service? Found an interesting blog on site security. http://blog.whitedoggreenfrog.com/2011/03/10/how-websites-get-hacked-and-how-to-keep-saf/