New Format question

miamijimf

Many thanks for all the work on the site Caipi. Still trying to get used to the new format. When you post to an existing topic/forum will that show up on the "Latest Topics" box on the home page or do you have to start a new topic for it to show up? Also please don't forget to activate the search feature when you get time.

Caipi, Is it possible to put the "latest activity" or "latest posts" back on the home page like it was on the previous version of this site? Also, as was mentioned by miamijimf, is there a way to reply to an older thread and have it appear on the latest activity screen like it used to on the previous version of this site?

• Administrators

Caipi- It looks like at least two posts on this thread have disappeared- your post and my latest one. :eek:

Hi Jim, unfortunately that's right. Had to restore our database because installing the german language pack caused some trouble again. And the database backup was before we posted our topics here.

Thanks for the response Caipi no problem. But did you get to read my comments about not being able to get the search feature to work and about my promised donation? Still waiting for a check from Lulu the on-line publisher.

Caipi' date=' Is it possible to put the "latest activity" or "latest posts" back on the home page like it was on the previous version of this site? Also, as was mentioned by miamijimf, is there a way to reply to an older thread and have it appear on the latest activity screen like it used to on the previous version of this site?[/quote']I have the same question on that as well, and a few others. Trying to understand what the new terms 'Subscribed' vs 'Subscribers' refers to in the new Profile format, as well as how I can get email notifications reestablished for Favorite Threads I was following?Thanks.

• Administrators

For subscribers/subscriptions please take a look here -> clickPlease check out our forum help for new features and how things work.The latest 5 topics are shown in a box on the right side and by replying to an older topic this comes up in the latest topics box.

For subscribers/subscriptions please take a look here -> clickPlease check out our forum help for new features and how things work.The latest 5 topics are shown in a box on the right side and by replying to an older topic this comes up in the latest topics box.

Thanks for your reply. So Subscribers would be akin to Friends as we had before, and Subscriptions then would be akin to Friend Requests sent? Not sure why the discrepancy in terms of quantity for each, if so.Thanks for pointing out the Top 5 topics...would be good if we could expand it to 20 or 30 as we previously had, if at all possible.As to my other previous question, is it possible to establish email notifications of new Posts in Favorite Threads?Also I noticed that when I clicked to see who else was online, only my profile was showing as online though I know several other members were there from the Online Users box on the home page.Thanks Caipi.

Thanks for the response Caipi no problem. But did you get to read my comments about not being able to get the search feature to work and about my promised donation? Still waiting for a check from Lulu the on-line publisher.

Great info Jim

Still trying to wrap my pretty head around the site had to take a 360 degree look.This site has such a strong connection to Miami Vice and have made some good friends and I think personally it just needs some love :happy: and caring for it.I know people are busy with life I know that but don't want this site going away like dust in the wind.One thing I noticed also were all trainee's now I see also I just sort of noticed that today.

Unfortunately the last time 'round the place got hacked, I think(?) but hopefully this upgrade serves us well.My humble suggestions are:- Make #, etc. of online users visible when not logged in- Increase # of latest topics available to 10+- When time, add some "splash" e.g. .jpg mini-banners to each subforum (like the one we have at the top, just mini)Thanks to Kaipi FM et al for all the hard work...-Switek

• Administrators
Thanks for your reply. So Subscribers would be akin to Friends as we had before' date=' and Subscriptions then would be akin to Friend Requests sent? Not sure why the discrepancy in terms of quantity for each, if so.Thanks for pointing out the Top 5 topics...would be good if we could expand it to 20 or 30 as we previously had, if at all possible.As to my other previous question, is it possible to establish email notifications of new Posts in Favorite Threads?Also I noticed that when I clicked to see who else was online, only my profile was showing as online though I know several other members were there from the Online Users box on the home page.Thanks Caipi.[/quote']Now there are the 15 latest topics.For email notification please take a look here http://www.miamiviceonline.com/help#content_overview/content_subscriptions

• Administrators

...One thing I noticed also were all trainee's now I see also I just sort of noticed that today.

User ranks and titles are updates now.

User ranks and titles are updates now.

I know your working hard and its not easy so I understand.I just noticed that yesterday.OH YEAH,thank you the rankings are back,LOL

Hey Caipi I just posted in Miami Vice Google Earth Filming Locations\episode 29 Tale of the Goat and it did not show up in Latest Topics. The post is still there.

I had the same kind of issue Jim did in Off Topic. Thanks.

It also happened to C Glide who posted in episode 89, Blood and Roses yesterday at 07:54 PM. His post does not appear in Latest Topics. His post announced that this episode has now been added to his location web site. Thanks.

Caipi by replying to an older topic your post does not come up in the latest topics box. Matt5 posted recently in Episode 27 Buddies and in Episode 89 - Blood And Roses and it did show up in the Latest Topics box. I got notifications about his posts because I guess I am subscribed to the Miami Vice Google Earth Shooting Locations area. I just posted in that thread also and it did not show. Please check this when you get a chance. It would be best if everyone could see the latest posts, subscription or not.

Many thanks for all the work on the site Caipi. Still trying to get used to the new format. When you post to an existing topic/forum will that show up on the "Latest Topics" box on the home page or do you have to start a new topic for it to show up? Also please don't forget to activate the search feature when you get time.

Thanks Jim - slowly getting used to the site - it is quite different from .ws but love it :balloon::dance2:

Thanks Jim - slowly getting used to the site - it is quite different from .ws but love it :balloon::dance2:

I've noticed if you pull up this forum on your iPhone (as I'm doing right now), it comes up with the latest threads portion on top, which works better for me.

I just posted in the thread "Latest computer virus scam!!!" in Off Topic and it is not showing in either Latest Topics or Latest Activity categories. Is this a Fix that can be made Caipi?Also it would be helpful if the Search feature could be reactivated. Thanks!