'Cannonball Run' record bested

cageyJG

Trans-America, coast-to-coast and pan-continental: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480654/Coast-Coast-29-hours-Mercedes-CL-driver-sets-new-record-averaging-98mph-car-spent-months-fitting-gadgets-eye-police.html"Coast to Coast in under 29 hours: Mercedes CL driver sets new record by averaging 98mph in car he spent months fitting with gadgets to keep eye out for police"

Cool story! Just happened last week!Well I don't think that the general media will take this into account as it advocates higher speeds, and I for one think the speed limits are too slow today.Kudos to the fellows!

Yeah man, I thought it was pretty interesting. I can't believe they made it without getting busted. I thought about how then planning must've worked, taking in every little minute factor one could. Fuel, traffic, day/night, cities they'd be in at a given time of day, etc. etc. I wonder who will try to beat it. In the comments - Buford T. Justice made me lol. I also thought how many people would be saying, "Ooh, how irresponsible." So I mean, "Oh, ahem, uh, that's not cool man, that's reckless!"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480654/Coast-Coast-29-hours-Mercedes-CL-driver-sets-new-record-averaging-98mph-car-spent-months-fitting-gadgets-eye-police.html"Coast to Coast in under 29 hours: Mercedes CL driver sets new record by averaging 98mph in car he spent months fitting with gadgets to keep eye out for police"

Love it - thanks for posting :D

Saw a blurb on it last night on one of those TV shows that do celebrity news...Had a ten minute segment on the boys and interviewed the owner of the dealership. They brought in the question of the 100mph average speed and said they broke laws in numerous states? (no kidding)He just shrugged it off and said that they beat the time and he was standing next to Lambos and other exotic cars, but he said he tried to do it safely with all his devices on board.Actually I think with the technology on todays cars the speed limit should be raised. I can remember as a kid when my dad had a big block Pontiac with a 396 and the speed limit was 70mph here in Ontario, that car just floated down the highway effortlessly!Todays cars with tractin control and antilock braking and of course fuel injection etc should allow modern cars to cruise at higher speeds than 55mpph or even 65!These guys in the Mercedes had radar detectors, radios and even a pair of binoculars to avoid cops. There should be no reason to avoid them?

• 2 months later...