Episode #81 "Vote Of Confidence"

Ferrariman

• 2 years later...

Flat ep. Not good not bad either.Just watchable.I liked the wonderoil speach from SonnyI would have like some deeper play of Rico losing his faith in his candidate.The story line was a bit weak in the suspens part which in my opion should/could be a lot higher.A 6 from meIt did make me think about politics now a daysWho is pulling the strings the ones we see or the ones we do not see

To me "Vote of Confidence" was a fairly ho-hum episode. The train ( Silver Stag ) was cool! I love trains. Crockett had no confidence in the candidates to begin with, & after Pierce was caught, literally, with his pants down, & seeing the smear tactics etc. from everyone connected with the campaign, he said it would be better without a governor! A few funny lines from Crockett to Pierce trying to get his pants on, "You must do a mean,'bunny hop'" After the shock of who he was, Crockett, laughing says, "You got my vote" & Rico is still in shock. Pierce does give a convincing speech about how his private affairs have no effect on his ability to govern the people properly. Gina looked WOW! in the red jacket & black mini-skirt. Trudy also looked exceptionally fine. Not much action in this ep & no Miami beauty, so I rate it 6.5......just passing! Stan said something funny, which I can't remember, so I'll post it later. The candidate for gov.,Pierce gave a few good lines. I liked when he was dropping out of the race he said " To my friends & supporters, I say Thank you & goodbye, to all the rest..good riddance." Castillo tells C&T that Pierce owes them a talk & wants to comply......Stan says : "Don't you mean, Bless me Detective for I have sinned, and I need a clean press release.?" The bar C&T meet the reporter, Frasier, is lit in teal blue lights. The napkins & the waitress' socks & skirt match! I felt a little sorry for Frasier when the goons were coming to kill him. He sounded real scared. He blackmailed too many people & wound up killing & being killed. For this poll I give it a 6 .

For me,it's one of the dullest and flattest eps of Season 4.Especially in terms of style.It nearly put me to sleep.I gave it a 5.

Well, it's not a bad episode but it's not a good episode, I'm suprised they didn't use the corrupt politician story earlier on in the show but still there isn't anything else to make this a stand-out episode, still better than The Cows of October though.I give this my vote of non-confidence, a 6 out of 10.

Guest neworder

Meh ... neither great, nor appalling, this episode boasts a decent story and showcases some of the best Hammer/Peterson music (see intro sequence). However, this episode isn't really exciting and can be dull. Nice black clouds + palm tree's during the house search scene however. The one thing this episode does represent however is a nice shift from the ridiculous outlandish storylines of this season so far, and signals a change to more serious and worthy storylines for Miami Vice. Thank God.6.5/10

I feel I would need to put this story in the same pod with the short list of my least memorable episodes and grant it only a 1. The opening with the train of ill repute did provide for a mild chuckle or two, but the rest of this ep just didn't move me at all.

• 8 months later...

Boring. Can't help it but I find politics boring. But it was better then the few eps before this one. Liked the beginning, Crockett havin fun with the arrest in the train. So I gave this a 4. Oh and a bonus point for no caitlin! :)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Decent acting and actors playing the parts...Larry Pine as Tom Pierce was perfect for the "dirty", faky, "Bill Clinton-like" politician. He and those aspects of politics were very realistically portrayed. :clap:I also like some of the colors and fashion in this...love Pierce's teal dressing room, complete with teal folding chairs to match! :glossy: The "train" scene at the beginning was hilarious too...with Crockett making snide comments about Pierce running from him with his pants off, then he realizes it's Pierce, and laughs his butt off, while sarcastically telling Tubbs, "He's got my vote!" :)But, in all honesty I don't truly understand what the point of this episode is? :confused: We all know politicians are greedy, egotistical, liars, perverts, and are so "plastic" that Barbi & Ken are jealous. :p But, I'm not sure why Crockett and Tubbs, and the OCB, stayed on this so-called "case"? Until that weirdo reporter guy strangles that woman, there really is nothing to investigate...and that should be homicide's gig anyway. But, maybe it was the possibility of "underworld" money supporting Pierce's campaign that kept OCB involved? Not entirely sure, again, what was going on.This wasn't a terrible episode, but not an awesome one either...just sort of a so-so "filler". I gave it a 6.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
You got insomnia? stick this on...cured.
:) True...this one is not that wonderful' date=' and I really fail to see the point...other than it [i']did give a fairly realistic view of politics:
Decent acting and actors playing the parts...Larry Pine as Tom Pierce was perfect for the "dirty"' date=' faky, "Bill Clinton-like" politician. He and those aspects of politics were very realistically portrayed. :clap:I also like some of the colors and fashion in this...love Pierce's teal dressing room, complete with teal folding chairs to match! :glossy: The "train" scene at the beginning was hilarious too...with Crockett making snide comments about Pierce running from him with his pants off, then he realizes it's Pierce, and laughs his butt off, while sarcastically telling Tubbs, "He's got my vote!" :)But, in all honesty I don't truly understand what the [i']point of this episode is? :confused: We all know politicians are greedy, egotistical, liars, perverts, and are so "plastic" that Barbi & Ken are jealous. :p But, I'm not sure why Crockett and Tubbs, and the OCB, stayed on this so-called "case"? Until that weirdo reporter guy strangles that woman, there really is nothing to investigate...and that should be homicide's gig anyway. But, maybe it was the possibility of "underworld" money supporting Pierce's campaign that kept OCB involved? Not entirely sure, again, what was going on.This wasn't a terrible episode, but not an awesome one either...just sort of a so-so "filler". I gave it a 6.

• 2 years later...

I just watched this episode just now. It is extremely boring, dull, confusing, and not the least bit entertaining. One of the 10 worst episodes in my book. Even Don Johnson looks bored. This however, should come to no surprise of why this episode is boring. Season 4 of Vice, was the very low point of the show. Episodes we're boring, badly written, had very little action or excitement and plain stupid. Its confusing how Vice became such a horrible show in late 1987. Just a season before, the show was at its peak and best. Season 3 was near perfect, with the exception of Better Living Through Chemistry. The action was hot, stories we're sizzling, the look and feel was dark and gritty and the overall season was great. As Don Johnson noted in a magazine article in early 1987, Miami Vice may not be in the top 10 in ratings, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that the show is good and we're telling good stories. Don Johnson was stating the truth and to me that is all that matters too. My rating for Vote of Confidence is a 3.

Edited by vikingbikerREB

• 11 months later...

C&T enter the world of politics and corruption, Seasoned actor Larry Pine as Tommy Pearce stole the show and did a good job.

Quite a flat episode no style and poor directing. 7/10

Edited by Matt5

• 5 months later...

The dullest episode of S4. Just totally forgettable.

The opening on the train was pretty funny.

I've rewatched this episode just a couple months ago and can barely remember anything.

3/10

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/6/2013 at 1:28 AM, ViceFanMan said:

Decent acting and actors playing the parts...Larry Pine as Tom Pierce was perfect for the "dirty", faky, "Bill Clinton-like" politician. He and those aspects of politics were very realistically portrayed. :clap:I also like some of the colors and fashion in this...love Pierce's teal dressing room, complete with teal folding chairs to match! :glossy: The "train" scene at the beginning was hilarious too...with Crockett making snide comments about Pierce running from him with his pants off, then he realizes it's Pierce, and laughs his butt off, while sarcastically telling Tubbs, "He's got my vote!" :)But, in all honesty I don't truly understand what the point of this episode is? :confused: We all know politicians are greedy, egotistical, liars, perverts, and are so "plastic" that Barbi & Ken are jealous. :p But, I'm not sure why Crockett and Tubbs, and the OCB, stayed on this so-called "case"? Until that weirdo reporter guy strangles that woman, there really is nothing to investigate...and that should be homicide's gig anyway. But, maybe it was the possibility of "underworld" money supporting Pierce's campaign that kept OCB involved? Not entirely sure, again, what was going on.This wasn't a terrible episode, but not an awesome one either...just sort of a so-so "filler". I gave it a 6.

This was my original review...not much has changed in my thoughts. I will say the only cool aspect of this episode was when they discover the dead, high-class hooker dead in her tub, and the cops are pulling up to the house--the lighting and colors of the sky, palm trees, lawn, etc...and how they blend together but really "pop" out are amazing!! :glossy: This was a beautiful piece of cinematography! :clap: I'm watching an original airing of this episode...in all honesty I don't remember if this scene is as visually awesome on the official DVD copy or not? 

Other than that this episode and case are kind of confusing...aka as I said in my original review above...other than the beginning with the hooker train, why was OCB involved with anything else? ?( There was no case for them. Also, I found Crockett's line "Hit the bricks, bozo!" over-the-top and corny...even for 1988. :rolleyes: He couldn't have said "Get lost"? :baby:

2 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

This was my original review...not much has changed in my thoughts. I will say the only cool aspect of this episode was when they discover the dead, high-class hooker dead in her tub, and the cops are pulling up to the house--the lighting and colors of the sky, palm trees, lawn, etc...and how they blend together but really "pop" out are amazing!! :glossy: This was a beautiful piece of cinematography! :clap: I'm watching an original airing of this episode...in all honesty I don't remember if this scene is as visually awesome on the official DVD copy or not? 

Other than that this episode and case are kind of confusing...aka as I said in my original review above...other than the beginning with the hooker train, why was OCB involved with anything else? ?( There was no case for them. Also, I found Crockett's line "Hit the bricks, bozo!" over-the-top and corny...even for 1988. :rolleyes: He couldn't have said "Get lost"? :baby:

Good review and updated

Thankyou for posting :)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

Totally agree. That was a beautiful shot.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ViceFanMan said:

It must have been quite stormy when this episode was produced quite a lot of dark skies and some rain in early January 1988.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt5 said:

It must have been quite stormy when this episode was produced quite a lot of dark skies and some rain in early January 1988.

This is true...must have been the rainy season in Miami...but it fit for what I thought of this episode. :) Other than the superb colorful scene I mentioned in my above posts, this one is pretty ridiculous. :p  However, NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING can compare to the despicable, deplorable, disgraceful garbage that "Missing Hours" brought to the show! :sick: I don't believe there is any worse episode in any show in TV history that could compare to that pile of television "kaka"! :thumbsdown:  So, in the grand scheme of things, "Vote of Confidence" really isn't all that bad. ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

This is true...must have been the rainy season in Miami...but it fit for what I thought of this episode. :) Other than the superb colorful scene I mentioned in my above posts, this one is pretty ridiculous. :p  However, NOTHING...and I mean NOTHING can compare to the despicable, deplorable, disgraceful garbage that "Missing Hours" brought to the show! :sick: I don't believe there is any worse episode in any show in TV history that could compare to that pile of television "kaka"! :thumbsdown:  So, in the grand scheme of things, "Vote of Confidence" really isn't all that bad. ;)

Ha ha true yes rainy season 

I feel "Vote of Confidence" was a filler episode nothing more - I enjoyed Larry Pine as Pearce and some of the dialogue but it was a quite a forgettable episode . And yes nothing as bad as "Missing Hours"!!:hippie:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Ha ha true yes rainy season 

I feel "Vote of Confidence" was a filler episode nothing more - I enjoyed Larry Pine as Pearce and some of the dialogue but it was a quite a forgettable episode . And yes nothing as bad as "Missing Hours"!!:hippie:

Perfectly stated! :thumbsup:

18 minutes ago, ViceFanMan said:

Perfectly stated! :thumbsup:

Thankyou ViceFanMan ! You agree about Larry Pine (Pearce) carrying this episode?:hippie:

• Like 1